Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Parazon Mod Farming Vs Buying on Market

ChillyWilly

Straight to the point, The one mod I want to prioritize is the new Parazon mod "Blood for Energy" Which have 80% Mod Drop Chance from Ambulas with a specific drop chance of 2.01% (we make it to 2% for calculating reasons)

The thing about this mod its not only the drop rate, but the enemy it come from, Ambulas FROM DROPSHIPS. Which makes this farming essentially near impossible

Ambulas only Spawn on Pluto, That makes it farming casually is already hard enough. Combine that with Dropship only spawn on Open Areas (No Corpus Ship Tileset), Combine that again with a Cooldown (around 3-5 minutes according to wiki), COMBINE THAT again with the fact Ambulas only spawn on Dropships around 50% Of the time (Encounter 20 Dropships, 9 of them contain Ambulas) and you get a recipe for Grinding Disaster

NOT counting the Dropship Cooldown or Mission Choices, The Drop Chance are around: 0.8(mod drop chance) x 0.02 (chance of specific mod) x 0.5 (Ambulas Spawn). That makes it to 0.008. Which is 0.8% Drop Chance From essentially a Random Encounter, 1.6% if you get lucky with Ambulas Spawn

Now Lets Compare that with another mod with low Drop chance, Spring Loaded Blade, which have 1.88% Drop Rate. And on Warframe Market its AVERAGE price is around 50-60 Platinum. Thats 80% of Essential Mod Price

Thats 80% Price for a SINGLE mod on Essential Parazon Mod Bundle, And The Essential Mod Bundle have 12 Mods.

Please buff the drop rates and also, That begs the question, is this game slowly turning to Pay to be better? (Cause Pay to win is kinda hard to have a conclusive definition).

On another Note, Tusk Thumper also have this issue of Low Drop Rates with Random Encounters. Either Buff the Mod Drop Rate or Let us have bounties to kill Tusk Thumpers in similar fashion of Profit Taker.

I'd say buy them if you don't want to spend extra time on grinding for them. They are not that expensive in the market though, but you only can equip any 3 at a time in your parazon. So see which you want and only go for those if you don't want to buy.

1 minute ago, kyori said:

I'd say buy them if you don't want to spend extra time on grinding for them. They are not that expensive in the market though, but you only can equip any 3 at a time in your parazon. So see which you want and only go for those if you don't want to buy.

Yes, but the entire point of this topic is to see if Farming a single mod is worth it compared to just buy it from the market

Also questioning if Warframe is slowly getting to the point of Paying to be better than others

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ChillyWilly said:

Yes, but the entire point of this topic is to see if Farming a single mod is worth it compared to just buy it from the market

Also questioning if Warframe is slowly getting to the point of Paying to be better than others

I don't think it's slowly getting that way, and it's not like you will be left behind if you don't pay.

Perhaps DE should stop putting things into the market yeah?

You farm ambulas by fighting him on his node. Fighting random ambulas' around Pluto just drops ambulas keys.

And yes, the drop rate is oppressive. 2% of 80% for like a 15m fight is disgusting. 

They picked the longest boss to give the lowest drop rate, definitely no coincidence.

3 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

You farm ambulas by fighting him on his node. Fighting random ambulas' around Pluto just drops ambulas keys.

And yes, the drop rate is oppressive. 2% of 80% for like a 15m fight is disgusting. 

They picked the longest boss to give the lowest drop rate, definitely no coincidence.

Well you are wrong sadly, Ambulas on Hades Doesn't drop mods. You can test it out yourself, It doesn't drop anything

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ChillyWilly said:

Well you are wrong sadly, Ambulas on Hades Doesn't drop mods. You can test it out yourself, It doesn't drop anything

Hrm. Will test. Thanks for the info. Maybe it was just luck but I did run ambulas and thought I walked away with a pressure point. On the other hand I killed a metric ton in Pluto and I never get mods. Rng for you.

Sadly this argument doesn't really work.

When you break it down virtually every rare reward that drops from an enemy or a C rotation is faster to get by farming plat than it is to farm the item.

Which I'd say is mostly due to plat inflation but this has more or less been the case as long as trading has existed. So it's really more of the same.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, trst said:

Sadly this argument doesn't really work.

When you break it down virtually every rare reward that drops from an enemy or a C rotation is faster to get by farming plat than it is to farm the item.

Which I'd say is mostly due to plat inflation but this has more or less been the case as long as trading has existed. So it's really more of the same.

The thing is, Thats Player Market, which always cheaper than ingame market in most cases. but in this case, Ingame market is cheaper than player market. So thats why I'm kinda curious

DE needs to make money. Every essential item can be farmed in game, I think that's very fair. We got p2p trading and you can always find a better deal around the corner.

After playing Black Desert Online for a while, I started appreciating DEs monetary policy from a whole new outlook. WF has the best possible free to play scene. Pay to get better against what? AI? The game is the definition of power creep, No AI is a match against someone whos playing the game for a while, so does it really matter?

• 4 weeks later...

What makes it worse is how it's not only a ridiculously bad drop chance.

But every other mod on Ambulas is dupe fodder that's present on a dozen other non-boss enemies. It's all dummy prizes. There's no conceivable way that a player could make it to the Ambulas boss fights on Pluto without Pressure Point. So the reward for beating it after you have Trinity? 5 endo.

Plus the Ambulas boss fight doesn't even drop the mod, so there's still nothing to use the leftover coordinates for.

I farmed my Blood for Energy. Here's what I did: I started Narcissus, then headed for the first open area where a dropship would be expected to spawn. If the dropship doesn't come with an Ambulas, I abort and retry. If the Ambulas doesn't drop the mod, I abort and retry. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Took me about 40 tries with a mod booster I got from a Sortie, though I'm not sure how much it helped. Not saying it's great, just possible.

I bought the set from market. 

75p can be acquired rather easily over a week of passive trading. 

Spending hours fighting the same bosses with the same moves with the same "Meta" loadout to make it faster? No thanks, I am a fool but still not quite insane. 

Was it fair? I say it is fair on cost front. 

parazon is not a new player mod, and by the time you reach that stage you should have acquired things to trade. 

Is it too obvious of a Plat grab? Yes, it absolutely is. 

Are the mods good? Totally worth the plat. 

26 minutes ago, Renegade343 said:

Eh, when Mercy options are really few and far between apart from Lich nodes due to overkill and lack of invulnerability window for those marked for Mercy, the worth's questionable.

I have been running lich nodes a lot, there are also ones for hacking that make you invisible. 

Outside of that yeah, situational but still worth the 75 plat for the whole set. 

75 plat for the whole set of parazon mods is a bargain, I bought it instantly.  Farming 75 plat is far easier and more rewarding then farming for this singular mod off ambulas and then still having other mods to farm for to complete your parazon collection.  Now if DE charged some outrageous amount like 700 plat for the mod set I would say it's pay to win, but that's not the case.  

I'm sick of these grinds being added with absolutely pathetic drop rates designed to never drop for a realistic player, and be hell for someone actively trying to farm it.

"Just buy it" and "farm other S#&$ to sell to buy it" should never be the options left to us if we don't want to spend 1000 hours reloading Regna to try for a 1.6% drop from a 1-per-mission enemy.

3 hours ago, anarchy753 said:

I'm sick of these grinds being added with absolutely pathetic drop rates designed to never drop for a realistic player, and be hell for someone actively trying to farm it.

"Just buy it" and "farm other S#&$ to sell to buy it" should never be the options left to us if we don't want to spend 1000 hours reloading Regna to try for a 1.6% drop from a 1-per-mission enemy.

imagine trying to grind a 1.6% mod when warframe.market exists. 
you have only yourself to blame here mate, just stop being an idiot and start respecting your own time. 
good squad and 15 minutes in derelict vaults will yield you 2x the amount of plat needed for this mod? 3x the amount of plat, if you're lucky, your squad is fast and 4x the amount of plat if you have endo to max the mods. 

but, if you want to grind it the hard way because of your rules or ethics or wtf ever, then welcome to the fkn grind, it's your own call.

5 hours ago, (XB1)COA Altair said:

Farming 75 plat is far easier and more rewarding then farming for this singular mod off ambulas and then still having other mods to farm for to complete your parazon collection.

I wanted something to do that didn't involve liches, so I'm farming theses. But as you say, it's so much easier to just buy them it's somewhat irritating.

It helps that between helios and null star I've yet to mercy kill anything so I don't care about most of the mods except for collection purposes.

On 2019-11-02 at 2:44 AM, ChillyWilly said:

Yup, tried yesterday, no drops. Also, it's sad that this boss node is completely dead due to the beacon requirement.

7 hours ago, KnossosTNC said:

I farmed my Blood for Energy. Here's what I did: I started Narcissus...

40 aborts? This definitely makes buying the more appealing option. 🙂

The issue is that Mercy kills are almost nonexistent, while hacking occurs regularly. So to invest time farming for a mechanic which has very limited use seems wasteful at best.

That being said I did farm spy missions to get auto breach (T3) and untraceable (Kuva) and both are fantastic bonuses for doing hacks. I'm still undecided what 3rd parazon mod I want to use but I may try farming failsafe (fail hacks?) or live wire (non-stealth hacks?) as the rewards from this missions make them worth farming for a bit. Sadly, the mercy kill mods seem pointless right now.

Edited by (PS4)Hiero_Glyph