Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Vauban actually got a nerf?

ElKayJae

7 minutes ago, ElKayJae said:

hmm so vauban actually got a nerf? since his most useful ability got the base energy cost increased by 30... the rest of the abilities also still arent that good...

Haha with good build,using power 4 then hold 4 so that you break enemies armor...And then just use power 3 on them for good damage, all this on level 135 is working weary good.

Edited by Vlada91

14 minutes ago, ElKayJae said:

hmm so vauban actually got a nerf? since his most useful ability got the base energy cost increased by 30... the rest of the abilities also still arent that good...

Pretty much

Looks like Ember got all the glory of a rework, this is what happens when Pablo is not in charge of reworks.

• Like 4

I tried Vauban for the first time after the last update, and I found him fun to play but couldn't really imagine any specific case in which I'd prefer him over the other ten frames parked in my WARdrobe. I think some more tweaking will be necessary...

Dunno, the damage output of his artillery strike is just insane if you combine it with his buff ball and vortex.

Honestly, he wasn't in a good spot before (obsolete would be an understatement) but his new set is actually fun to play even if his most useful ability costs more now.

• Like 2

I never found him useful in any situation.

Right now he's fun but still there are just much better choices. Especially for high end content. 

Ember is more or less the same. As in there are better tanks that can sustain their DR without much interaction while also being able to deal with enemies easily.

11 minutes ago, Nesodos said:

Dunno, the damage output of his artillery strike is just insane if you combine it with his buff ball and vortex.

Honestly, he wasn't in a good spot before (obsolete would be an understatement) but his new set is actually fun to play even if his most useful ability costs more now.

Yea I agree,they need to combine power 1 and 2 in just 1 power...so that power 3 become power 2 and last power to become power 3 so that we are getting empty space for power 4 that can bee something about exalted lasers or maybe his hologram clone army of 5-10 vaubans fights with some explosive bombs and 2 pistols like what he have in codex... its similar to nekros last-wukong first-loki first-almost mirage first power combine in some new vauban clone-hologram version... but somehow different and better,because they don't have health just timing.

Edited by Vlada91

The orbital strike looks cool as hell but utterly useless. 

Bastille and vortex combo is meh.

His new vector orb is awesome. I'm just trolling enemies and allies alike. Pretty fun.

His charge 1st ability is pretty decent as well. 

Overall I think he is myabe slightly better ? That orbital strike needs some tweaks though. 

Edited by White_Matter

Ahahah wtf , Vauban got buffed hard , her first is usefull and don't need to spend 30sec to actually be sure to stun people coming in, the mynelayers are all good , with vector pad u can set up nice traps , and the flechette orb is a 2500 x hit turret ( and it hit fast) overdrive is good , the laser cannon deals a lot of dmg and vortex got buffed hard , Bastille stripp armor in 4 sec to all enemies , I would ask tho , for some fix on the animations , too slow, up in air , u risk your life without agility drift , did u tried power strght on this Warframe ? c'mon there are no numbers like that in warframes abilities  ... 

• Like 1

I'm liking it, but he defo needs work/changes.

The animation of his first looks so incredibly stiff when he does the ball juggle. Worst Warframe ability animation in the game so far because of it.

His speed pad is trolly, also useless. Should be changed to a speed buff instead.

His Overdriver doesn't activate on you or team mates half the time despite being in range. Also it only targets one. With how often he uses abilities the cost either needs to be decreased, or the buff needs to activate on all team members that are within its radius.

His Tether Coil doesn't latch on to enough enemies. It's a downgrade from Tripwire imo. Why would I use it when I can use the Penta's unique mod which does a much better job?

Also there's so many particle effects going on with him (and Ember) that I feel like one of these days I'm gonna have my first seizure lol.

Edited by Numerikuu
  • Like 1

I'm not sure he got nerfed, bastille/vortex are slightly better even for the increased cost. But waiting several years for a rework and end up with this is disappointing. This rework doesn't give him more playstyle, he still have to spam bastille/vortex like the old one, Minelayer is still a bunch of situational abilities who does almost nothing revelant, and he is still too fragile.

I feel like this rework doesn't worth effort put into it, they could just have buffed Bastille and vortex, it would have accomplished the same thing.

Edited by Icecryos

To no one's surprise, crippling vauban's CC for an ineffective flat dmg ability, an even worse minelayer (something i never thought I'd ever say) and some extremely generic low value dmg buff was a bad idea... 

Been saying this vauban's rework is full on crap since the first time they showed it, still went through with it. 

I'm currently in the process of choosing which warframe i want in my permanent loadouts in place of the piece of steaming manure they turned my vauban into. 

6 minutes ago, Icecryos said:

I'm not sure he got nerfed, bastille/vortex are slightly better even for the increased cost

How is it slightly better? it has longer cast times and increased cost.

True that we can convert the bastille into vortex but not much people is going to do that anyway since it doesnt have such wide AOE CC. increased cost and cast times just means bastille cant be spammed as much and as easily as before...

4 hours ago, ElKayJae said:

Uhm, how?

I find Vauban more enjoyable now. 1st ability is kinda nice, and does decently. 2nd ability is where they give some good weapons (and i'm saying this, because before its rework, i barely cared about using them. 3rd ability is quite impressive (and the damage is pretty rad)... But the 4th ability is where Vauban shines. Stripping armor to enemies. It even works with Ambulas and Juggernauts, as well as Brokers and Executioners.

Also, i don't think an increase on the ability's energy cost can be considered as a nerf. There's still Streamline to boot.

il y a 14 minutes, ElKayJae a dit :

How is it slightly better? it has longer cast times and increased cost.

You are right about the casting time, this is a drawback i pointed out in the Vauban feedback section, i think this can be corrected. Concerning Bastille, the armor drain/armor boost give you some resistance and the Vortex's range have been more than doubled, it's not enough to solve his resistance problem but it's still a slight boost. The main problem is the 3 other abilities who can't compete with bastille.

Myself i run trollban with max range max duration setup and new basitle/vortex is a king of def missions. Ember is sore looser since it was amazin low level mision farming frame now game is lacking any good frame for speed runs on low missions.

3 minutes ago, Doomsong said:

Myself i run trollban with max range max duration setup and new basitle/vortex is a king of def missions. Ember is sore looser since it was amazin low level mision farming frame now game is lacking any good frame for speed runs on low missions.

Equinox did the same on low levels but with better range/energy per enemy

1 hour ago, XzWasPzX said:

He already said this...

(snip)

Yeah, but here is the deal:

Why should DE even listen to him? Why should anyone listen to a random guy with clearly noticeable anger management issues that has no authority on anything?

inb4 "He mains vauban" And? There's more vauban mains than him, why should DE listen to this guy's ideas specifically?

He's so retardedly mad over something he has no right to control. It's actually funny. Makes me wanna laugh at him and throw snide jokes in his direction, for being so stuck up that he thinks he's some chosen one vauban saviour. Just to see how much more mad he will get.

Following his logic, just because I've got literally the biggest fan concept thread ever* DE should remake their entire game into what I've made.

*with actual 100's of new units and nearly a 100 new guns, not mentioning huge lore updates and an entire new enemy faction.

• Like 3

I have a clan member who is the self proclaimed god of AFK farming. His ideal gameplay is just to sit somewhere the mobs can't find him and press the occasional button.

He loves the new Vauban, Bastille and splinter grenade is apparently a thing of beauty. Press 4 press 2 open reddit and he's golden. Since the patch dropped he hasn't played any other frame. Not even his beloved Farm Queen Khora.

• Like 1