Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is the number of Murmur required too much : poll

Yemesis

Honestly on day one I thought it was too much grind, but after my lich hit rank 5 and the thralls went into level 110 they started giving a lot more progress per kill, I got about half a murmur done in a single mission which took maybe around 15 minutes all in all so I'm hitting this one with a satisfied

44 minutes ago, Gullim92 said:

Honestly on day one I thought it was too much grind, but after my lich hit rank 5 and the thralls went into level 110 they started giving a lot more progress per kill, I got about half a murmur done in a single mission which took maybe around 15 minutes all in all so I'm hitting this one with a satisfied

Not for me - still getting 2% per enemy at rank 5. Here's a pic of what one execute looks like.

https://imgur.com/a/RDkdaAe

Il y a 6 heures, Voidashious a dit :

i think i´ll stop playing till they FiX this, cause its ridiculous. definitive UPVOTE!

Actually i find it somehow sad that a lot of people will not take part in this update because of the Humongous Grind mechanic behind this particular update.

But i guess we'll have to wait and see how DE will handle those (feedback)

Edit : this is my own opinion , for the moment

Edited by Yemesis

Citation

Tweaked the Requiem Murmur discovery requirements for each hint to reduce initial ramp-up:

• Instead of each Murmur requiring the same amount of Hints, the first and second Murmur require 60% of what they used to, with the last Murmur requiring 140%.

@DrivaMain @White_Matter @Teljaxx @Pr1A @Nezha_Rose @SordidDreams @tyreens @enizer @98Octane @Tinklzs @Tinklzs @AugmentedJustice @Voidashious 

From the last update... i don't even know what to say at this point...

On 2019-11-02 at 5:13 PM, GruntBlender said:

You're only checking one at a time, so 24 attempts at worst. 

19 attempts is the worst case scenario. (7, 6, 5 + 1)

There are 8 mods so it only takes 7 tries to figure out the first slot, so the 8th try will be the first test of second slot.
Since there are 7 remaining mods it will only take 6 tries (13 total) to figure out the second slot, so the 14th try will be the first test of the 3rd slot.
Since there are 6 remaining mods it will only take 5 tries (18 total) to figure out the third slot, so the 19th try will be the correct mods.

This assumes you guess wrong every single time. Also while doing these guesses, you will get some murmurs anyway so you will probably get 1 or 2 mods known before you get to the full 19 tries.

• Like 1

They only way the grind is going to seem to long is if you don’t try a random rune on your lich when he’s shows up. If you do you have a mark shown in the right order about every 3-5 maps, as well as unlocking murmurs while doing this. 

The problem players are having is they want to kill 150 murmur guys then try and fail a few to get the order of runes. This is such a load of extra time it’s insane.

I have killed 7 liches and I have at max opened 2 murmurs. Just trying every time my lich shows up saves a pile of time.

Edited by BDMblue

il y a 38 minutes, BDMblue a dit :

They only way the grind is going to seem to long is if you don’t try a random rune on your lich when he’s shows up. If you do you have a mark shown in the right order about every 3-5 maps, as well as unlocking murmurs while doing this. 

The problem players are having is they want to kill 150 murmur guys then try and fail a few to get the order of runes. This is such a load of extra time it’s insane.

I have killed 7 liches and I have at max opened 2 murmurs. Just trying every time my lich shows up saves a pile of time.

You're forgetting the fact that the Hate bar (AKA the % for the lich to spawn in your mission bar) is resetting when you're getting killed by the lich , meaning you have to farm again to make him/her anrgy again in order to make it spawn again

1 hour ago, Yemesis said:

@DrivaMain @White_Matter @Teljaxx @Pr1A @Nezha_Rose @SordidDreams @tyreens @enizer @98Octane @Tinklzs @Tinklzs @AugmentedJustice @Voidashious 

From the last update... i don't even know what to say at this point...

De really want to keep their grind, image me damned it appears.  I feel like it should be this.

50 for #1, 35 for #2 20-25 for #3 - makes you feel like you're 'progressing' and it makes sense, having the last one take even longer is nuts.

54 minutes ago, Yemesis said:

You're forgetting the fact that the Hate bar (AKA the % for the lich to spawn in your mission bar) is resetting when you're getting killed by the lich , meaning you have to farm again to make him/her anrgy again in order to make it spawn again

That’s why 3/5. We have what 6 runes so on ave would take 3 try’s. Maybe longer maybe shorter. On top of that you farm murmurs as well as attempting to kill him. By the time you unlock the 1st mark you should have 1 murmur unlocked. Then you have a 1/4 chance each mission to kill your lich. A better chance if the unlocked murmur is your 3ed slot and you have all ready begin trying your 2ed.

there is still a chance you’ll get unlucky and find your 1st murmur 1st but all in all it’s much faster. Prob 1/4 the time of this slow farm idea people have gotten.

Le 05/11/2019 à 21:05, Hyohakusha a dit :

They reduced it by all of a whopping 40%, but they also just nerfed the liches ability to convert random grineer into thralls, while making the last murmur need MORE thrall kills, which means this is going to take even longer. Disgusting. 

Things are even getting worse with the last update 

Il y a 1 heure, [DE]Megan a dit :

Fixed ALL players receiving Kuva Lich Requiem Murmur progress whenever someone in the squad fails to kill their Kuva Lich instead (is only meant to apply to the player that did the failing). While all Thralls share Requiem Murmurs, the Lich entity itself is exclusive to a player. This also fixes receiving Requiem Murmur progress when successfully killing a Kuva Lich - only failure/testing of your Requiem on a Kuva Lich will grant Murmur progress.

• Like 1

I think of it as a way to make player feel attached to these new characters by making them stick around for at least hours. But I do think there should be various alternatives to work toward the progress of eliminating them aside from monotonous combat routine, making the hours spent feel more of an adventure than a chore; maybe something like emerging optional objectives (timed retrieval/ carrying debuff/ area search) or some intel-gathering puzzles outside combat.

Having multiple mission choices was a good start.

Edited by ntyd1s

We need dedicated ways to get those murmurs, not just thrall drops. 

Like a spy mission with no countdown timer and you need all 3 vaults and any detection would instafail and there is a modifier that make energy zero.

Guess that would be hard enough for most people. 

Same with rescue and capture perhaps? 

It's a bit much when playing solo, but I find it really smooth in random public groups, where you get up to 4 liches spawning. Yeees, there's the occasional group where one guy refuses to poke his lich (no euphemism), but that still leads to additional thralls and their murmurs. For as long as this game existed, I played almost exclusively solo or occasional duos, but I'm actually quite enjoying random lich groups. And murmurs feel fast enough in those.

EDIT: Whoops! I said that before I read the notes for hotfix Hotfix 26.0.5

Edited by Berserkerkitten

1 hour ago, fastgamer2 said:

way to farm upvotes , lol

Yeaaah, pretty much this lol.

Personally with the tweaks they've made lately, I feel the amount of murmurs needed etc is fine. What I don't like however is the whole void trace and relic farming layer also added on top of it for the damn requiem relics....

Honestly *raises shield* I think the Murmur grind is okay. Especially the way they've tweaked it now, so that the first two are easier and the last one takes much longer. This makes it so that once you have 2 phrases unlocked, making attempts on your Lich actually makes guesswork worthwhile.

If I were to change anything about Murmurs specifically, it'd be to slightly decrease the number of Murmurs needed depending on your Lich's current level.

On 2019-11-02 at 9:15 AM, Yemesis said:

I would like to create a quick poll about this 

If you feel the number of Murmur required to discover a requiem part is too much , give an upvote 

If you feel the number of Murmur required to discover a requiem part is Ok ,           give a satisfied

If you only care about Pizza                                                                                       give a Haha

Edit strawpoll would be simpler but it wouldn't be visible in the thread "cannot embed "

Need more ways to acquire murmurs imo, that way it takes less time (you can get insane murmur progression if you do things perfectly in a mission, like failing a kuva lich kill).

Il y a 2 heures, Skaleek a dit :

Haha. If you think murmur farming is oppressive (see: everyone) give me more reputation. That's one way to do it. 😄

Those players saying "yey rep farm lul" without even taking part to the thread didn't understood yet that "rep farming" serve no purpose at all 😄
I made this post only to share the general opinion , in an easy way, that wouldn't need to go to another website, with a maximum of visibility for everyone.

Il y a 2 heures, Skaleek a dit :

Haha. If you think murmur farming is oppressive (see: everyone) give me more reputation. That's one way to do it. 😄

This is actually a way to make the things moving forward instead of chasing windmills 😄

Il y a 2 heures, [DE]Bear a dit :

Hey Lich Hunters,

It is obvious by the impassioned responses here that the last hotfix and Murmur changes left a bad taste in some people’s mouths. The initial granting of Murmur progression was unintentional, but in those 24 hours, it seems that many of you have enjoyed the incentive to play together for shared benefits on Kuva Lich hunting.

As a result, we are discussing internally about incentives and ways to mitigate some of the pain points many of you have. As always, new systems take some time to settle in and we will be doing several balance passes. Your enemy is a personal one, but Warframe is ultimately a co-op experience and we want to make sure that is encouraged and rewarded fairly.

See...

Think Outer Space GIF by NASA

Il y a 2 heures, Midas a dit :

Need more ways to acquire murmurs imo, that way it takes less time (you can get insane murmur progression if you do things perfectly in a mission, like failing a kuva lich kill).

i don't really understand your point here ^^

Il y a 5 heures, SenorClipClop a dit :

If I were to change anything about Murmurs specifically, it'd be to slightly decrease the number of Murmurs needed depending on your Lich's current level.

+1

Edited by Yemesis