Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Lich system is extremely anti-newbie

Hattori-Prime

On 2019-11-02 at 6:29 AM, Zebiko said:

You need to complete the war within quest to have access to the lich system, so anyone doing it isn't new. Not sure how fast someone can get to it though if they had someone taxi them through the whole game, which isn't a good thing to do.

IIRC you need to be MR5 to get new war unlocked as you need MR5 to unlock the rail thingys to unlock pluto. so that's at minimum 5 days due to 24 hour MR test limits even when passing. 

4 minutes ago, DupersDeBait said:

I agree, Kuva Lichs are too hard and will drive new players away from the game. I can't understand what DE was thinking

Excuse me? I'm doing level 5 lich (level 100 - 120) just fine with Mag and Nyx. It is intended for players that seek challenge so perhaps you're not ready yet if kuva lich is too hard for you

I haven't checked this out yet but what I know is that each affected node gives you a choice to play lich or regular. If it's true how will this even affect new players? They can choose whether to play and advance like before or choose to get their butts handed to them. It's like any other game. Play on regular or nightmare difficulty. Right?

Okay, so I just checked out my theory. If you play the regular mission on an affected node you are not attacked by the lich. You are however taxed. That means some of your loot is gone. This is unfortunate and truly unfair.

How? 

1) your grind has now become a burden. Why should I grind if part of my loot is going to be taken? This will discourage a lot of players. I need my stuff.

2) you're forced to battle with the Lich's minions until you can defeat the Lich if you want your stuff. If you're with a good team it may not be a problem. If you're solo you're out of luck. That is unless you're leveled up and/or you're just an awesome player.

3) casual players are punished/screwed. A lot of players will just abandon the mission unless you have a certain frame. I know because this has happened to me enough times that I just went solo. Quite a bit of casual players are solo.

4) WHY BUY BOOSTERS??? Your stuff is just going to be taken from you anyway which TOTALLY makes this unfair. That is of course if you don't beat the Lich which like I said, you're being forced to try to beat him.

5) he spreads out his territory so you're going to have to play him to do some things.

I'm a solo player and have been for years. First on the PC then the PS4 and finally the Xbox one. Warframe has been my favorite game. This is a big blow. You are now pretty much forced to play with others and some players can be pretty toxic. I'll still play for a while. He hasn't encroached on my favorite planets yet. I just got a 90 day affinity and credit booster. I also have a 30 day resource booster. I feel like I just wasted my money. Honesty, I want it back. Refund please. I'm not sure what DE was thinking.

Before the Haters start to bash on me I'd like to say what I said doesn't refer to everyone. There is however quite a few players that would agree with me. And, when I said you stuff will be taken I know it's just part of your stuff which means Your Stuff. You grinded for it. It all belongs to you.

5 hours ago, 844448 said:

Excuse me? I'm doing level 5 lich (level 100 - 120) just fine with Mag and Nyx. It is intended for players that seek challenge so perhaps you're not ready yet if kuva lich is too hard for you

Are you playing solo? If so you're awesome!! I wish I could play with you! I'm not being sarcastic, I am sincere. Of course you may not want to play with me if you're that good. I'm just an ok player.

9 minutes ago, (XB1)CrayCraySkipper said:

Are you playing solo? If so you're awesome!! I wish I could play with you! I'm not being sarcastic, I am sincere. Of course you may not want to play with me if you're that good. I'm just an ok player.

If you play on Asia I don't mind playing with you and teach you how to get good

3 minutes ago, 844448 said:

If you play on Asia I don't mind playing with you and teach you how to get good

Lol, I don't think you know what you're getting into. I'm not going to get any better. I'm a disabled player. I play some levels pretty darn good and others not so much. I can't speed run and have a hard time keeping up on some levels. On others I'm pretty much going to.

15 minutes ago, (XB1)CrayCraySkipper said:

Lol, I don't think you know what you're getting into. I'm not going to get any better. I'm a disabled player. I play some levels pretty darn good and others not so much. I can't speed run and have a hard time keeping up on some levels. On others I'm pretty much going to.

No one is forced to speed run, I'm just walking the map to extraction

If you're having some difficulty, Vauban is good to go with range and efficiently

15 minutes ago, (NSW)ToadBlue said:

Why not just limit Larveling spawns to Kuva Siphon/Flood missions and the Kuva Fortress itself? You know, the other unique things unlocked after The War Within? They would fit right in, unless I'm missing something.

Because then people would miss/avoid them, and DE wants players to do the new thing.

On 2019-11-02 at 6:31 AM, Xyhon said:

Do you even read? You can do it fast now. Very fast. 

Yeah no. Stalker is still killable, requires effort, but still. Liches are not, they require stupid "relic mods" combo which is either bought or obtained by excessive farming. This is counter intuitive and not player friendly.

You're not required to get a lich in the first place and, in order to clear TWW, you almost have to clear the star chart. That "mr5" player, which is irrelevant by the way as mastery rank is a rewards and QoL thing, will have quite a bit of knowledge of the game if they went through that many quests. Should they then choose to "place their hands in the fire" then they deserve to get burned. What, do you really think a speed player newbie all of a sudden decided to NOT read about the liches now? Gotcha.

In fact, this trend of 360 degree complaining needs to stop. Let people fail and learn from it sometimes. TWW is graduation from newbie to casual experienced so let's not pretend they are walking in blinded.

40 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

Because then people would miss/avoid them, and DE wants players to do the new thing.

But isn't this something that should only be done by players who are intent on seeking it out and doing it? This is part of a supposed endgame for veterans, surely they're the players capable of figuring these details out instead of unleashing it on the playerbase at large, willing or unwilling.

On 2019-11-02 at 7:31 AM, Xyhon said:

Yeah no. Stalker is still killable, requires effort, but still. Liches are not, they require stupid "relic mods" combo which is either bought or obtained by excessive farming. This is counter intuitive and not player friendly.

either I have extremely good luck or you are making it harder than it is because I have one of each of the requiem mods and I was not using rad shares or trying particularly hard heck most of the time I don't do any thing with kuva I have not spawned a lich yet because I was waiting to get the needed mods to do that.  and this was will me playing once or twice a week since the update.  

also it is not suposed to be newb friendly it is part of the end game if you did not rush to the end there would not be a problem.  

1 hour ago, (NSW)ToadBlue said:

Why not just limit Larveling spawns to Kuva Siphon/Flood missions and the Kuva Fortress itself? You know, the other unique things unlocked after The War Within? They would fit right in, unless I'm missing something.

I have yet to see one spawn so I don't know why this is a problelm and I have been leveling gear and doing missions with in the spawning range

14 minutes ago, spirit_of_76 said:

I have yet to see one spawn so I don't know why this is a problelm and I have been leveling gear and doing missions with in the spawning range

It only took me a few runs on Sedna to get one to spawn. Then the Lich immediately took over Eris and now Pluto. Glad I have more nanospores than I could ever use or else I'd be aggravated about the resource theft. I am more bothered about losing mods and credits though.

9 hours ago, 844448 said:

And what can you do if you find it too challenging? There is no way to reset the lich.

Having a weekly mission to reset the lich would make it better for RNG grinding, and also give new players a way to reset the lich if things get out of their control. The fact that there isn't a way to do this already is a huge oversight.

IMO the whole system is anti-player.

The two benefits (Weapons and Ephemera) that it gives are far less than the general irritation that comes with it.

If people are enjoying it more power to them, but I can't really enjoy a system that is basically marketed as "Let's irritate the player into dealing with this".

On 2019-11-03 at 1:55 AM, George_PPS said:

very bad new melee system

umm I'm sorry you are dead wrong melee is in a better place than it was in the past, there are new builds almost all weapons are viable and the over powered Items have been toned down with every thing else having been brought up to par.  oh and the best part meming strike is in the bin where it belongs

On 2019-11-03 at 4:09 AM, Fl_3 said:

This update is gated at "The War Within" and mob level 20?

so the completion of the main story and the latter half of the star chart is where you can get them.  the levels are similar levels to other content unlocked at that point such as  the sortie sortie and kuva floods so it not that surprising and there is only one grineer planet where the starting level is higher then the low thirties how ever there are 4 higher than 20.  The bigger issue you are having is that enemy scaling is exponential and health scales multiplicatively with armor following the function EhP=health*(1+(armor/300)) both scale using an exponential equation giving grineer some of the fastest and most potent health scaling in the game. 

as for the time it takes to get to that point it depends on the player and why would a player rush the story there are only a few things gated behind the story and most of those items are extras that need mods and weapon to do.  also MR gateing is not a good Idea because it is far to easy to farm if some one wants to do so and has the plat to burn.  especially with the addition of ESO (I hope the change it so that I so that is is good for affinity but not as good at leveling gear).  as for a special mission or limiting larva ling spawns to floods I think the reason is to fold they don't want the lich to be time gated (one an hour) and they don't add new nodes very often even when they add new game modes.  

as far as getting a lich despite playing in areas where larvlings can spawn I have not seen one do so and from what I have heard you need to play solo on adaro if you want one after the first lich patch.  so unless you are solo clearing the starchar as an MR 5 I don't see you getting one on accident outside of actually trying to do so.  as far as the minimum MR that you would need for the mission I would say that MR 10 gives you access to all for the gear that you need to do the mission.  

30 minutes ago, (NSW)ToadBlue said:

It only took me a few runs on Sedna to get one to spawn. Then the Lich immediately took over Eris and now Pluto. Glad I have more nanospores than I could ever use or else I'd be aggravated about the resource theft. I am more bothered about losing mods and credits though.

neither of those planets have good resource farms the derelict is better for those resources and mutagen mass.  I did not know it was out on the switch already

1 minute ago, spirit_of_76 said:

neither of those planets have good resource farms the derelict is better for those resources and mutagen mass.  I did not know it was out on the switch already

It released two days ago, finally. We also only just now got the new Prime Vault access.