1nkling

Why killing wukong and iron staff

If ya'll think this is bad, you should see what they did to Titania's 4 and her Diwata...

Nothing... Absolutely nothing was done for her 4. Her Diwata does not even have a heavy attack

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 часов назад, Aadi880 сказал:

If ya'll think this is bad, you should see what they did to Titania's 4 and her Diwata...

Nothing... Absolutely nothing was done for her 4. Her Diwata does not even have a heavy attack

Kind of promised us the fix when rebalance archwing weapons.

I had my doubts about the Iron Staff prior to the melee rework, because at the end of the day it was just a staff weapon you had to pay Energy for. Thankfully, prior to the update it could deal more damage than a regular weapon, and so justified its cost, but currently it feels like DE kind of forgot about Exalted weapons. Prior to the rework, the deal was that Exalted weapons weren't allowed to use the abusively overpowered Acolyte mods, but in exchange were allowed to be significantly more powerful right off the bat (in most cases, at least), and scale off of Power Strength. Post-rework, melee weapons have been rebalanced, and Acolyte mods nerfed, yet for whichever reason, Exalted weapons still can't use them, and to make matters worse they deal less damage than many weapons one need not drain Energy for. It's a significant oversight, but one that also reveals the fragility of Exalted weapons as a mechanic: they need to be stronger than any other weapon in order to be worth using, which puts them at constant risk of getting power creeped out of viability. In the case of Iron Staff, the weapon has strictly no unique mechanics or traits either, other than its own stance. For starters, DE should likely significantly buff Exalted weapons, and allow them to access our full complement of melee mods, but then we should also consider shifting Exalted weapons to Garuda-style options in our arsenal, while replacing them with proper abilities that won't be made obsolete quite so easily.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

I dont always want to use Gram Prime. Mainly, i compliment the staff with a different style of weapon, maybe even a dagger. His 4 still serves me well. I havent really encountered a situation where it wasn't effective.

Sometimes you guys need to just play to have fun. If my regular melee has killed 0.5 seconds faster than my staff, i didn't notice. I just enjoy the fact i have another option to kill enemies with on a whim. 

Edited by Hypernaut1
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Teridax68 said:

I had my doubts about the Iron Staff prior to the melee rework, because at the end of the day it was just a staff weapon you had to pay Energy for. Thankfully, prior to the update it could deal more damage than a regular weapon, and so justified its cost, but currently it feels like DE kind of forgot about Exalted weapons. Prior to the rework, the deal was that Exalted weapons weren't allowed to use the abusively overpowered Acolyte mods, but in exchange were allowed to be significantly more powerful right off the bat (in most cases, at least), and scale off of Power Strength. Post-rework, melee weapons have been rebalanced, and Acolyte mods nerfed, yet for whichever reason, Exalted weapons still can't use them, and to make matters worse they deal less damage than many weapons one need not drain Energy for. It's a significant oversight, but one that also reveals the fragility of Exalted weapons as a mechanic: they need to be stronger than any other weapon in order to be worth using, which puts them at constant risk of getting power creeped out of viability. In the case of Iron Staff, the weapon has strictly no unique mechanics or traits either, other than its own stance. For starters, DE should likely significantly buff Exalted weapons, and allow them to access our full complement of melee mods, but then we should also consider shifting Exalted weapons to Garuda-style options in our arsenal, while replacing them with proper abilities that won't be made obsolete quite so easily.

I always tought people overhyped exalted weapons , at the end of the day they are just good weapons. They are always at risk due to the slow march of power creep.

Besides that the fact that exalted weapons did not get any meaningull changes either means DE comitted a major oversight or they are holding their changes to drop with the melee "rage" mod.

• Like 1

I think Valk got hit the hardest with melee rework not like she was even good and now her ult is even worse, while Wookie is still a very good frame even without his ult. DE clearly forgot about exalted weapons.

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Monolake said:

while Wookie is still a very good frame

I look forward to playing this walking carpet

Skill 1: Disarm. Rips arm or similar appendage off enemy. Maiming and causing blood loss, disarming them permanently. Can use enemy's arm or similar appendage as melee weapon that also causes fear in the surrounding enemies, causing some to cower and others to flee. This makeshift melee weapon lasts up to 20 strikes before disintegrating from "wear and tear"

Skill 2: Rage. Roars fiercely, drawing attention of enemies while increasing damage resistance of Wookie. For every bit of damage received, damage resistance, melee damage output, melee attack speed, all increase further. Toggled ability. When toggled off, the damage resistance perk decay over time, not immediately. 

Skill 3:  Detonator. Tosses out a thermal detonator, dealing damage in 15m.

Skill 4: Bowcaster. Wields his trademark bowcaster weapon. Two fire modes. First, a single bolt that has 20 punch through. Second, fires 5 bolts in a horizontal spread.

Edited by Xepthrichros
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Xepthrichros said:

I look forward to playing this walking carpet

Skill 1: Disarm. Rips arm or similar appendage off enemy. Maiming and causing blooding loss, disarming them permanently. Can use enemy's arm or similar appendage as melee weapon that also causes fear in the surrounding enemies, causing some to cower and others to flee. This makeshift melee weapon lasts up to 20 strikes before disintegrating from "wear and tear"

Skill 2: Rage. Roars fiercely, drawing attention of enemies while increasing damage resistance of Wookie. For every bit of damage received, damage resistance, melee damage output, melee attack speed, all increase further. Toggled ability. When toggled off, the damage resistance perk decay over time, not immediately. 

Skill 3:  Detonator. Tosses out a thermal detonator, dealing damage in 15m.

Skill 4: Bowcaster. Wields his trademark bowcaster weapon. Two fire modes. First, a single bolt that has 20 punch through. Second, fires 5 bolts in a horizontal spread.

I would actually play this. Exalted dismembered limb ftw.

Judging by sheer amount of negativity this whole update came out incredibly sloppy. Almost looks like DE rushed it to give content despite of pleas "take their time and make everything ok". If that's the case no wonder stuff is broken.

With the recent nerf of scaling mods there is no actual point to nerf monkey toothpick, but there are folks still think it is nerf. Dunno, just give them feedback and wait for fix. If only they've been paying more attention to anything aside those dumb liches. Fixes are coming too slow.

• Upvote 3

On 2019-11-12 at 10:19 PM, Monolake said:

I think Valk got hit the hardest with melee rework not like she was even good and now her ult is even worse, while Wookie is still a very good frame even without his ult. DE clearly forgot about exalted weapons.

Atlease now primed reach is very usable for her. I mean, the change of primed range is good for Valkyr but bad for wukong. And other melee changes are about the same level of bad for both of them.

• Upvote 2

On 2019-11-02 at 11:14 AM, (NSW)Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

This statement is the definition of hyperbole. In the time I've played Wukong, I've seen little reason to use his 4 because there are weapons that can pretty much fulfill the same purpose without being a needless energy drain. It doesn't help that it has its own Combo Counter which can be instantly lost when it deactivates or by touching a nullifier. The only time I've found myself using it are in the scant weapon limitation Sortie missions. 

Furthermore, this doesn't hurt his other abilities in the slightest. Saying this makes him as bad as pre-rework Wukong is absolutely laughable.

You must not of ever built him properly then. I had no problem keeping his staff out for hours without losing my combo using hunter adrenaline, rage, arcane energize, and naramon. And yes this does make him worse than before his rework because his staff now does pre rework damage without wukong having pre rework survivibility.

Before this update at a 3x multiplier i could hit consistant 300k damage with peaks of over 6 million. Solo. If i had other warframes buffing me or playing into my CO i could hit into the hundreds of millions.

Now with a 12x multiplier i can only hit barely over 100k with a slow ass heavy attack.

On 2019-11-07 at 12:53 PM, (NSW)Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

Did this help fix Wukong's Iron Staff, or does it still hit like a wet noodle? 

it still sucks because it is 60% of the base added each combo multiplier. Not a 90% exponential gain per combo multiplier. Before this update i was hitting consistant 300k damage with peaks as hit as 6 million. Solo. Now with a 12x combo heavy attack i can barely hit over 100k.

They need to just let us use blood rush on it.

After the iron staff nerf I started using Range Wukong of all things, his augment for his 1 can give me a 40m stomp that costs 25 energy. 

"But Rhino (and or other CC frame) can also do that." Yes. But I dont always have a Rhino buddy, especially when I solo. 

I do suggest you to try this out tho, its not bad at all.

• Applause 1

On 2019-11-02 at 8:51 AM, 1nkling said:

I am also worried about wukong being forgotten by DE. Actually that was a reason I made this post here, to remind DE that there are wukong mains/fans and they'll be pissed if DE screw wukong up.

DE already made all the money they were going to make off his rework, prime, and premium skin so now they dont care about him anymore.

It seems more and more like DE is only catering to casuals who log in twice a week to buy cosmetics in the market just to take a few pictures in the captura then log off.

Edited by (XB1)AlekseyPravda
  • Upvote 1

Wukong went from feeling downright overpowered to feeling boring and slow.  They nerfed the speed his speed to win moves at, his range, and his damage.  I've got several melee weapons that outperform it.  Until his staff gets some buffs I'm not going to bother with him anymore.  The only reason I might still use him is for his speed with his #2 ability.  

The other melee exalted weapons(except for titania) don't feel nearly as bad as wukong. Baruuk and valkyr are at least usable. 

Edited by Gypsy_Goat

5 hours ago, (XB1)AlekseyPravda said:

DE already made all the money they were going to make off his rework, prime, and premium skin so now they dont care about him anymore.

Not inaccurate. Posted a bunch of feedback on several big flaws with the rework and... nothing. Prime was given to us and forgotten about.

5 hours ago, (PS4)thegarada said:

All exalted weapons suffer from the same problem. They all now need rework.

One of the big problems with the Iron Staff is that it has nothing going for it to make using it worthwhile over normal melee.

No, not all unique weapons suffer from that same problem. Excal has waves, Valkyr has healing and invulnerability, Baruuk has range and CC.

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Not inaccurate. Posted a bunch of feedback on several big flaws with the rework and... nothing. Prime was given to us and forgotten about.

One of the big problems with the Iron Staff is that it has nothing going for it to make using it worthwhile over normal melee.

No, not all unique weapons suffer from that same problem. Excal has waves, Valkyr has healing and invulnerability, Baruuk has range and CC.

I do agree with you, it probably needs buff ASAP. I was just pointing out it is a common problem with the melee update. And hopefully is on DE top "to fix" list.

1 hour ago, Skaleek said:

I kinda miss old defy tbh.

We're better off without it.

Not saying the new Defy is particularly great since realistically range is (was) a dump stat and the ability is nothing more than 1,500 armour, but still, better off without that trash.

No missing old Defy, Monkey's orders.

Image result for grumpy monkey

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Satisfied 3
  • Woah 1

On 2019-11-20 at 4:41 PM, DeMonkey said:

No missing old Defy, Monkey's orders.

Old Defy was the only reason I played Wukong, now I have none, Clone and Cloud are now nice, but not enough for me to ever use him over another frame. His prime staff was alright, but, other melee weapons have always been pretty competitive with it, and free... now, well... yeah it's not even close.

On 2019-11-20 at 6:30 AM, Nezha_Rose said:

After the iron staff nerf I started using Range Wukong of all things, his augment for his 1 can give me a 40m stomp that costs 25 energy. 

"But Rhino (and or other CC frame) can also do that." Yes. But I dont always have a Rhino buddy, especially when I solo. 

I do suggest you to try this out tho, its not bad at all.

YEEEESSS! Someone else who has witnessed the glory of Range Wukong!

Bonus: Try activating Celestial Stomp, but popping into Cloudwalker before the stasis activates. Stealth damage bonus for days boiiii

OT:

The wiki states that Exalted melee damage still scales with the combo counter, just with much slower buildup than before.
ZGOkvMM.png
I haven't seen anyone on the forums mention this at all (including in this thread), but can anyone confirm whether this is actually true?

(I'm asking as an avid Excalibur+Wukong player who literally never presses 4.)

17 minutes ago, SortaRandom said:

I haven't seen anyone on the forums mention this at all (including in this thread), but can anyone confirm whether this is actually true?

Not on regular attacks does there seem to be a difference: ~13 damage at 0x, ~13 damage at 12x.

• Like 1

I actually do get the Gladiator mods to somewhat work, I get -1 Multiplier though (I.E- If I got 3x Multiplier on combo, I get x2 on Gladiator buff). Does anyone else have this?

P.S-

Wukong main here, REALLY pissed. I'm just running him with the Nikana Prime now ...

В 20.11.2019 в 17:20, (PS4)thegarada сказал:

All exalted weapons suffer from the same problem. They all now need rework.

or delete. I don't see the point of a exalted weapon at all. Most exalted weapons are in fact conventional weapons + damageBoost. Yes, there are chips, such as invulnerability or flight or autoaim, but I can hardly believe that with other types of weapons it would not work.