Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why killing wukong and iron staff

1nkling

16 minutes ago, (PS4)SrebX said:

If you've got a build that you think can outperform mine, I'll be happy to test it out

You have no idea what I'm saying, do you?

You saying that he is the fastest tankiest damage dealing CC frame does not make it so. You are presenting your personal opinion as objective fact.

20 hours ago, (PS4)SrebX said:

I can confidently say that Wukong is the best at making typical content easy and fast

This is your opinion, and I don't care how confident you are that your opinion is objective fact, it is not. Arrogance does not make you right.

Once again, I'm so glad that you've found a build that works for you, and I'm sure it'll work for many of us as well, but this thread really isn't about that in the slightest.

Edited by DeMonkey

On 2019-11-02 at 10:34 AM, 1thurts said:

I hate this melee update so much.

This affect all exalted melee, but probably wukong hurts most, as excal still has his 20m blade and he never cared about combo multiplier any day, Valkyr's 4 is more about the invulnerability, and baruuk is not a frame focusing on his 4.

I heard his new augment makes it pretty good now.

Because when frames become God's they need a nerf. Wukong staff was a God doing millions in damage. I don't think there are any weapons that do millions now outside rivens. I do agree this was better than nuking rooms because you actually needed to run around to attack enemies.

That is why we know some top tiered frames need a little tampering. Everyone wanted balance so one by one we are getting what we asked for.

3 hours ago, kwlingo said:

Wukong staff was a God doing millions in damage.

Which made it comparable to normal melee, which could also do millions of damage.

Everyone wanted balance so one by one we are getting what we asked for.

It isn't balanced.

Because when frames become God's they need a nerf. Wukong staff was a God doing millions in damage. I don't think there are any weapons that do millions now outside rivens. I do agree this was better than nuking rooms because you actually needed to run around to attack enemies.

That is why we know some top tiered frames need a little tampering. Everyone wanted balance so one by one we are getting what we asked for.

Smells like someone's been watching too many youtubes build baits, you don't see many builds where the Iron Staff achieves over 1m damage, and for that it requires buffs from other frames, show me a build where the Iron Staff does close to 1m damage because I'm very outdated, you're also forgetting that it's a melee weapon, which requires us to constantly run around and to be in close contact with the enemy, unlike range/aoe weapons and abilities and the Iron Staff should compensate that with its damage, second that's his exalted weapon and yes I expect it to be better than most melee's and currently it's not, to be suggested to use another melee when the character has an exalted melee weapon? No, not an option.

4 hours ago, ZarTham said:

Smells like someone's been watching too many youtubes build baits, you don't see many builds where the Iron Staff achieves over 1m damage, and for that it requires buffs from other frames, show me a build where the Iron Staff does close to 1m damage because I'm very outdated, you're also forgetting that it's a melee weapon, which requires us to constantly run around and to be in close contact with the enemy, unlike range/aoe weapons and abilities and the Iron Staff should compensate that with its damage, second that's his exalted weapon and yes I expect it to be better than most melee's and currently it's not, to be suggested to use another melee when the character has an exalted melee weapon? No, not an option.

Yes before the melee update it was doing millions in damage. Not even bosses had millions in health. lol Yes I agree it should be stronger then a regular melee but if so we would be right where we started before melee update. And like I stated this play style is better than Nukers (in reference to running around doing tapping melee).

5 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

Which made it comparable to normal melee, which could also do millions of damage.

It isn't balanced.

More balanced than insta-killing everything in the game. Id say if they kept the long range of the staff with an AOE, that would be good enough for me. I don't need to be doing 50,000,000 damage in one strike, only if enemies health was 200,000,000, than yes.

5 minutes ago, kwlingo said:

More balanced than insta-killing everything in the game. Id say if they kept the long range of the staff with an AOE, that would be good enough for me. I don't need to be doing 50,000,000 damage in one strike, only if enemies health was 200,000,000, than yes.

It was comparable to normal melee.

• Like 1

Never mind that Khora is inexplicably still doing millions of damage, but yeah. Blood Rush and Condition Overload were OP because they were respectively multipliers against all crit and all other modifiers including CO itself. All normal melee has been buffed generally, but lost these unlimited self-multiplying ceilings and the ability to endlessly multiply to absurd damage numbers in conditional circumstances. (Obviously, Blood Rush didn't apply to Iron Staff and still doesn't, but the point is the comparison between Iron Staff and other melee when both are under the same system. Not comparing one under one set of rules against the other under a different one.)

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, ZarTham said:

Bump.

Don't get yourself in trouble, if you want to bump a topic without incuring the wrath of moderation bring something new up.

E.g. I did Crtl + F on the recent patch note and saw not a single change to Wukong besides bug fixes. It's crazy how a "Warframe revision" update could neglect something so clearly in need of revising. The Iron Staff is trash tier due to the excessive energy cost and complete lack of payoff.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

Don't get yourself in trouble, if you want to bump a topic without incuring the wrath of moderation bring something new up.

E.g. I did Crtl + F on the recent patch note and saw not a single change to Wukong besides bug fixes. It's crazy how a "Warframe revision" update could neglect something so clearly in need of revising. The Iron Staff is trash tier due to the excessive energy cost and complete lack of payoff.

I looked up the same, even went through the patch notes line by line, hence my bump, not a single change ao far.

Even though I haven't touch the game for ~4 months, my upset is not softened.

I did Crtl + F on the recent patch note and saw not a single change to Wukong besides bug fixes. It's crazy how a "Warframe revision" update could neglect something so clearly in need of revising. The Iron Staff is trash tier due to the excessive energy cost and complete lack of payoff.

Bump.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2019-11-02 at 10:24 AM, 1nkling said:

Hi DE, why would you kill wukong and iron staff with the melee update?

I know the purpose was to make melee better while keeping the game balanced, but why killing wukong? Iron staff got nerfed badly, with no base damage increase, now iron staff:

• does not benefit from combo multiplier in terms of damage
  • can not increase crit chance from gladiator set anymore
  • with primed reach, range reduced from ~10m to 6.5m
  • oh, CO got nerfed as well

Can anyone give me a reason to use iron staff over gram prime (or any top tier zaw), when

• gram p has more base damage, 300 vs 250
  • gram p has better status chance, 32 vs 30
  • gram p has better crit chance, 32 vs 25
  • gram p is more slash based
  • gram p can pair with weeping wounds and blood rush, while even gladiator set doesn't work on iron staff now
  • gram p doesn't cost you 5 energy/s
  • gram p can equip rivens

DE, why?!

Edit:

Post Hotfix 26.0.5, gladiator set does work with iron staff.

But because the bonus kicks in before primal rage, at x12 combo multiplier each gladiator mod only grands you 11*10%*25%=27.5%,

while before this melee update, at x3 combo multiplier each gladiator mod gives you 3*15%*25%*(1+150%)=28.125%. 

In other words, the effect of gladiator set at x12 is only comparable with x3 before, without considering the effect of other sources of cc. And considering now the base damage doesn't scale with CM, at x12 CM, the current damage output is less than 1/3 of what it was at x3 CM before this update.

Melee exalted weapons that isn’t Baruuk 4 needs a massive buff or rework as “Why would you use them as they take heavy energy management mods to maintain them with alright-ish damage when a god melee with a riven can wipe the hallway much faster for 0 energy cost?”

• Like 1