Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

weeding out the vets?

jojokaizer

On 2019-11-05 at 7:08 AM, George_PPS said:

What are your favorite weapons and play styles? You want them to be "balanced" because you use and enjoy them in game too much? 

I actually stopped using Saryn shortly after her latest rework because her playstyle, though much easier to take to higher levels, became boring. So yeah, balance matters.

Also, balance really just refers to how different elements of the game relate to each other. The flow on effects to the rest of the game, over a long period of time can make enjoyment of a game unsustainable. The thing I get a thrill from in the moment, may eventually affect my fun in the long term, or in other parts of the game.

Edited by schilds

On 2019-11-04 at 10:19 PM, Druidx said:

Did people really complain about those updates? I can't even imagine complaining about them in an ironic way.

On 2019-11-04 at 10:52 PM, trst said:

Parkour 2.0 was complained about because the system was still slower than coptering and damage 2.0 got complaints because the old meta weapons (anything that did more puncture damage) were no longer meta. Among other things but these seemed to be the most common.

And I didn't start playing until just after mods 2.0 dropped so I didn't see the intimidate fallout but have heard complaints along the lines of the old system having more depth and more reasons to grind.

I was there when those happened.

Parkour 2.0 was indeed complained for those facts. Coptering was gone, people complained. But now you would see players using anything other than Dual Zoren or Tipedo.

Damage 2.0 Removed Puncture as Serrated Blade damage (AKA Armor IGNORE) to do only extra damage and rainbow builds, you could set an enemy on fire, freeze them and eletrecute them at the same time. Untill they figured out what each Mod combination did, the complains were plenty.

Melee 2.0 Also had its fair share of complains, because Charge Attacks had Armor Ignore and that was the only thing used around: Galatines, Orthos and Jat Kittags. Everyone would spam charge attacks.

Mods 2.0 was because of the way the Mods looked. HOW THE MODS LOOKED!

The Orbiter also had its complains. Because you had to walk to the consoles for things, an interactive, player housing menu instead of just a menu. There were complains about how bothersome it was.

The changes from Fusion Cores to Endo. Because its now by quantity instead of Rarity.

Void Missions, oh those pop up once in a blue Moon here, how better the system was. But they fail to mention the Rewards of getting so many damn Orokin Cells and Fusion Cores instead of the item they wanted. The only ones who misses those are the endurance runners, people who would stay for HOURS to get the most out of a single key, watching the cold and gold halls.

Moral of the story: There WILL be complains. It doesnt matter what DE does or doesnt do. If its for the better health of the game or for the players. There will be threads upon threads upon threads of complains and how ruined the game is, how the game is dying, how they are losing players, how "I'm quitting Warframe", the last one is particuarly amusing when you have been here long enough and see that those players who say "They are quitting" YEARS ago are still around and saying those same words again and again. Shame I cant find the Archived threads and posts of those people anymore, would put things into prespective.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Eh just checking in and im just gonna say that they do seem intent on ducking their veterans and nerfing then instead of making endgame to where vets currently are. They had lost of opportunities but ignored the feedback and lost alot of people. I deleted the game like 2 months ago and have had no motivation to bother coming back knowing more nerfs will be coming so why bother anymore? If people thought the new melee was a nerf they should wait until the changes to damage types. Look forward to a metric ferk ton of nerfs and very few buffs to those who stay with the game as they make the gap between vets and newbies nonexistent XD

7 minutes ago, (XB1)Zweimander said:

Eh just checking in and im just gonna say that they do seem intent on ducking their veterans and nerfing then instead of making endgame to where vets currently are. They had lost of opportunities but ignored the feedback and lost alot of people. I deleted the game like 2 months ago and have had no motivation to bother coming back knowing more nerfs will be coming so why bother anymore? If people thought the new melee was a nerf they should wait until the changes to damage types. Look forward to a metric ferk ton of nerfs and very few buffs to those who stay with the game as they make the gap between vets and newbies nonexistent XD

To where we currently were/are has no end, being infinitely scaling immortals with spammable iframes, high range high damage high mobility low effort macro blenders, self heals and enemy disable buttons, amongst a number of gains, is not something that can be scaled to or balanced around without some form of nerfing or handicapping our capabilities. Being able to turn off enemies in fulls room in an instant just isn't a design principle that can lead to challenge, and the sooner you stop pretending to believe it is the better. If you don't want the game to be difficult, if you want to be able to cheese all content at exceedingly quick speeds, if you want us to be peerless to enormous lengths and for content to all be trivialized to us after a point, just say that from the get go, at least from there a conversation can be had on that which is actually able to go somewhere. Feigning wanting balance, but your kind, even though it is the sheer absence of such isn't constructive and is just wasting a conversation on a false premise. 

That said, as a vet, I look forward to any nerfing DE does in the future so long as it brings this game to a more balanced state where gameplay can hold some more meaning and engagement. I play games for the actual experience, not just for the perception of being strong through arbitrarily high numbers. 

On 2019-11-02 at 3:11 PM, jojokaizer said:

basically killed their own end game

to become op with their own power fantasy

Me thinks you don't actually want endgame, a casual is disguise 

the reworks are pure trash as well, how do you hype vauban's rework for months and end up making him exactly the same?  how??????

Also most of Vaubans usefulness is on the wiki, not on his abilities. All of his abilities are useful now. If you don't think that, then you don't know how they work.

On 2019-11-06 at 3:29 AM, lowgrav said:

i built my melee for the reason of fortuna i do exploring some random joins goes do his own thing and 10 min later got full alert level and sombas and hyenas bouncing all over the place at over lvl 120 this isnt an endurance run its open world and what is the max level for a mission like that? i needed a room clearing weapon cos the second the room was empty another batch beams in its like survival they dont end so is melee still viable in that senario especily when that spider with the disk on its top and purple sheild shows up? and remember this is not a long run it can happen quickly near temple of profit

Those beacons with the highly visible red indicators. You shoot or melee them. 

15 hours ago, Kimimoto said:

Me thinks you don't actually want endgame, a casual is disguise 

Also most of Vaubans usefulness is on the wiki, not on his abilities. All of his abilities are useful now. If you don't think that, then you don't know how they work.

you found me out! grats! smart lad. but I guess I rather be casual than a dum dum who can't see how vauban's reward is pure garbage. actually, I would say his PRE rework is quite a bit better than his current edition. since you can actually spam CC around everywhere without running out of energy.  but what do I know, just a casual. 

They don't have to weed out the vets. The vets will either keep playing or get burned out. Either quit for good or for a while. It happens with every game that people invest thousands of hours into. I have had several periods where I stopped playing for a month or two often only logging on for the daily reward which honestly is not even needed past 1000 days. Seen a number of players come and go in 5 years and changed clans a few times due to clans dying with leaders no longer playing.

In truth I think removing LoR, LoRNM and JV was a bigger vet remover than nerfing the insanely power creeped mods.

And it isn't like you are going to 2+ hours on mot every day. Heck it might actually be more of a challenge making it to 2 hours on Mot after the changes so you just got more "end game" by your own standard of what end game is.

Does it suck having a lot of weapons get changed so their former build is not optimized? Yes. I have been modifying a lot of weapons as needed. I just think of it as an investment that no longer is paying off assuming I evne feel like messing with said weapon.

IS it hard to get over it and modify the weapons that you actually like to use to fit what is best for them now? Not any harder thaw what you did to get them there. Hydron and SO/ESO are still fairly quick ways to level weapons and if it is a melee Adaro will likely never get nerfed given the effort that has to be put in to make it most effective for leveling things fast.

It sounds like you are having a rant about change happening to something that was clearly way over the top from the start. In truth Maiming strike should have been hot fixed to being multiplicative based on the weapons base crit chance n the first couple days of being added.

Did the CO nerf kill status? Does Viral cut health in half? Does Corrosive strip armor? Do slash, Toxic and Gas case damage over time? Status is no longer king but it is far from useless if you know how to use it.

The game has had many drastic changes in the years I have been playing and many more await. And I will confidently say it is a better game than it was when I started where most of the content was confined to Void Keys, Draco, a few small quests, Draco, Vault runs, clearing the start chart (did I mention Draco?) with the hardest boss to face being Vay Hek due to needing the beacons from Ceres. If I had to start over I would chose to start today over 5 years ago. The only thing I would miss is raids but given the were not popular (although hardly advertised after JV was added), highly buggy and getting a competent group together unless you had a standard group you ran with regularly or knew about things like the Raid School Bus it was a challenge to get going and beat. Perhaps DE will wonder back into raids again sometime but as to when they will be back I don't know.

If you are going to quit because of these changes you were likely looking for any excuse to claim you are quitting for a while. It is your choice and you might well be back 2 weeks after "quitting" just to keep playing a game you are disappointed with for not having content to keep you occupied like when you just started.

And that is why announcing you are quitting or discrimination against vets is basically pointless.

On 2019-11-06 at 6:58 AM, Kaotyke said:

I was there when those happened.

Parkour 2.0 was indeed complained for those facts. Coptering was gone, people complained. But now you would see players using anything other than Dual Zoren or Tipedo.

Damage 2.0 Removed Puncture as Serrated Blade damage (AKA Armor IGNORE) to do only extra damage and rainbow builds, you could set an enemy on fire, freeze them and eletrecute them at the same time. Untill they figured out what each Mod combination did, the complains were plenty.

Melee 2.0 Also had its fair share of complains, because Charge Attacks had Armor Ignore and that was the only thing used around: Galatines, Orthos and Jat Kittags. Everyone would spam charge attacks.

Mods 2.0 was because of the way the Mods looked. HOW THE MODS LOOKED!

The Orbiter also had its complains. Because you had to walk to the consoles for things, an interactive, player housing menu instead of just a menu. There were complains about how bothersome it was.

The changes from Fusion Cores to Endo. Because its now by quantity instead of Rarity.

Void Missions, oh those pop up once in a blue Moon here, how better the system was. But they fail to mention the Rewards of getting so many damn Orokin Cells and Fusion Cores instead of the item they wanted. The only ones who misses those are the endurance runners, people who would stay for HOURS to get the most out of a single key, watching the cold and gold halls.

Moral of the story: There WILL be complains. It doesnt matter what DE does or doesnt do. If its for the better health of the game or for the players. There will be threads upon threads upon threads of complains and how ruined the game is, how the game is dying, how they are losing players, how "I'm quitting Warframe", the last one is particuarly amusing when you have been here long enough and see that those players who say "They are quitting" YEARS ago are still around and saying those same words again and again. Shame I cant find the Archived threads and posts of those people anymore, would put things into prespective.

FINALLY someone who thinks like myself