Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

weeding out the vets?

jojokaizer

5 minutes ago, hazerddex said:

your saying all vet's yet i'm a vet so your clearly not speaking for all vets right? also im not speaking for everyone just my observation for the majority of thread's I've seen people wanting the power creep to be dealt with. i'm not making statements like "Everyone hates this." or "all vets hate x."

which would be presuming to speak for everyone.

enemies endlessly scale to force you to leave endless missions so you don't stay forever

did I say ALL vets? obviously not everyone will have the same opinion as mine, and I m not arrogant  enough as you to tell ppl how they should play. I only advocate for options.

1 minute ago, hazerddex said:

enemies endlessly scale to force you to leave endless missions so you don't stay forever

Players stay forever anyway there is no "force" to leave. That said,  enemy levels need to have a max cap of atleast 250 for consistency sake and also as a way to adjust enemy scaling. If this monstrosity of a melee rework is gonna stick, enemies armor, scaling and damage needs to be adjusted exponentially. 

A vet liking the melee changes does not mean that they're a fun-hating brainwashed person. Not everyone with a differing opinion from you is out to get you. 

Also the idea that less min-maxing = normalization isn't true. The main thing that stifles build diversity is discrepancy in power. If one thing is way stronger than any other option, then players won't use anything else. This is how gamers have always operated and always will. So nerfing the top options (in this case, the hilariously broken combination of CO, BR, and Maiming Strike) doesn't homogenize everyone's loadout nearly as much as the fact that there is one clear best option in the first place. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Gurpgork said:

A vet liking the melee changes does not mean that they're a fun-hating brainwashed person. Not everyone with a differing opinion from you is out to get you. 

Also the idea that less min-maxing = normalization isn't true. The main thing that stifles build diversity is discrepancy in power. If one thing is way stronger than any other option, then players won't use anything else. This is how gamers have always operated and always will. So nerfing the top options (in this case, the hilariously broken combination of CO, BR, and Maiming Strike) doesn't homogenize everyone's loadout nearly as much as the fact that there is one clear best option in the first place. 

^ this and when everyone only using CO, BR and maming strike there is no build diversity now is there?

2 minutes ago, (XB1)SixGunLove said:

If this monstrosity of a melee rework is gonna stick, enemies armor, scaling and damage needs to be adjusted exponentially.

Enemy scaling has needed an overhaul for years. So has player damage. This isn't a new problem by any stretch of the imagination. 

3 minutes ago, Mr.Fluffins said:

I wish DE would increase the simulacrum level cap for enemies. I really want to see just how far I can push certain weapons, but I don't want to sit even 1 hour (not to mention 3+ hours) in endless missions just for that. I think I did enough of "endurance" runs back in the day of old void towers (when void was endgame and it had keys).

We could probably get close to 250 once we got MR30. 

Also lvl 250 are the levels you fight if you want the prodman poster. And it's only an hour in the index. I'd really love to see someones melee non riven build against index enemies at 250. 

2 minutes ago, Gurpgork said:

You really did put a lot of words in their mouth right there. 

A vet liking the melee changes does not mean that they're a fun-hating authoritarian brainwashed by the eeeeeevvvvvvvil Chinese. Not everyone with a differing opinion from you is out to get you. 

there were two optimal build archetypes. crit or status. now there is one.  see that how you will, I see it as stripping us of options.  people play games like this to min and max for builds, you take that away. what do you have left?

1 minute ago, Gurpgork said:

Enemy scaling has needed an overhaul for years. So has player damage. This isn't a new problem by any stretch of the imagination. 

In my opinion DE shouldn't have released this melee rework without touching enemies armor, damage and scaling too. 

Edited by (XB1)SixGunLove

5 minutes ago, (PS4)segulibanez65 said:

This is the kind of thing that DE either needs to man up and address it, or leave perfectly fine systems alone.  DE "says" they don't want people doing hr+ arb's... then they need to stop being cowards and remove the goddamned ability to do them.  This fence-sitting bs is causing the problems,

Exactly right. Index for prodman are an hour long min. And you fight levels 250+

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hazerddex said:

^ this and when everyone only using CO, BR and maming strike there is no build diversity now is there?

and now people lost those mods, they'll just build crit only and dump all none crit based weapons. yeah, that's diversity.

3 minutes ago, jojokaizer said:

and now people lost those mods, they'll just build crit only and dump all none crit based weapons. yeah, that's diversity.

you can still build status weapons you can build for heavy attacks as well now. soo you would be wrong there.

new fire proc also shreds 50% of armor or did that part skip past you?

Edited by hazerddex
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, (XB1)SixGunLove said:

Exactly right. Index for prodman are an hour long min. And you fight levels 250+

Never even thought of that!  So yeah, they are saying things that contradict other things/current gameplay elements... its a mess.  Step up and take control, or you end up with massive in-fighting in what is supposed to be the "best" community in gaming!  Talking out of both sides of their mouth is only compounding these issues

hace 4 minutos, (XB1)SixGunLove dijo:

Because endurance was a thing. Now they dont want those players, they re spreading this message pretty clear, every endurance player got the message.

• Like 1

Just now, hazerddex said:

you can still build status weapons you can build for heavy attacks as well now. soo you would be wrong there.

have you played the game? have you used heavy attacks? and sure you can build anything, but it's not optimal. you can build a mk barton to kill things, but do you want to? the idea is that we lost a viable option. if you really want to change a system, you don't just nerf 2 or 3 mods, you god damn change the system. all this change did was take away options and tell us our time is worthless.

• Like 1

TL;DR

Whole thread reads as 1 maybe 2 forum/keyboard warriors defending the BS melee was becoming and the rattles have gone into orbit this time.

MR27 nearly 6k hours and I'm glad this bayblading, single swipe clear the room meta has gone for the most part.

Lower players were using it to skim through the entire game then burn out and be like "meh i'll put down warframe for a while"

It's not healthy to the community, the game, the team dynamics, the potential skill involved etc

but carry on Jojo, and MAKE SURE YOU USE CAPS when you really need to emphasise a point, cos we can't hear you stamping your feet in a tantrum

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, hazerddex said:

you can still build status weapons you can build for heavy attacks

doesnt mean they will get the job done like they used to. Go take that hvy attack status build bull to an prodman index run 55 min in and get you will get rekt twice over. 

Edited by (XB1)SixGunLove

2 minutes ago, W4RM3CH4N1C said:

TL;DR

Whole thread reads as 1 maybe 2 forum/keyboard warriors defending the BS melee was becoming and the rattles have gone into orbit this time.

MR27 nearly 6k hours and I'm glad this bayblading, single swipe clear the room meta has gone for the most part.

Lower players were using it to skim through the entire game then burn out and be like "meh i'll put down warframe for a while"

It's not healthy to the community, the game, the team dynamics, the potential skill involved etc

but carry on Jojo, and MAKE SURE YOU USE CAPS when you really need to emphasise a point, cos we can't hear you stamping your feet in a tantrum

you act as if the new change didn't make the melee overpowered for new players. instead of "BALANCING" one aspect of the game, how about you find out what the core problem is.

6 minutes ago, (XB1)SixGunLove said:

Go take that hvy attack bull to an prodman index run 55 min in and get you will get rekt. 

SO what you're saying it you employ zero CC to the target when they can clearly 1-shot you

You're either admitting

a) Melee was in fact too strong

b) You don't use CC when clearly you should do

c) You're lying

Feel free to pick one, any of them will show how weighted your feable argument was.

Edited by W4RM3CH4N1C
  • Like 2

Just now, jojokaizer said:

have you played the game? have you used heavy attacks? and sure you can build anything, but it's not optimal. you can build a mk barton to kill things, but do you want to? the idea is that we lost a viable option. if you really want to change a system, you don't just nerf 2 or 3 mods, you god damn change the system. all this change did was take away options and tell us our time is worthless.

it didn't take away any options when you refuse to look at over all changes and bitterly cling to 2 or 3 mods in the entire game. 

fire procs now do 50% of armor shred on proc viral also does 50% of hp on proc. you can effectively reduce any enemy to half there max hp by combining them. so no status weapons are not dead.

so it's kinda clear you've not played the games.

and yes i use heavy attacks do they need some quality of life changes like binding it to normal attack yes, but over all they work well in the system they are going with. that a critique 

"it's bad revert it all." that not criticism it's unhelpful.

also

magnetic procs are getting a look at.

and rage mode for melee is on it's way. for phase 3 of melee changes

• Like 3

On 2019-11-02 at 10:02 PM, jojokaizer said:

you act as if the new change didn't make the melee overpowered for new players. instead of "BALANCING" one aspect of the game, how about you find out what the core problem is.

I'm not acting as anything, just calling out someone who's clearly (and massively) butthurt about a change to a weapon class they refuse to admit was working much better than intended.

You seem to have confused my post with someone who hasn't seen countless nerfs to weapons they enjoyed using.

1 minute ago, hazerddex said:

it didn't take away any options when you refuse to look at over all changes and bitterly cling to 2 or 3 mods in the entire game. 

fire procs now do 50% of armor shred on proc viral also does 50% of hp on proc. you can effectively reduce any enemy to half there max hp by combining them. so no status weapons are not dead.

and yes i use heavy attacks do they need some quality of life changes like binding it to normal attack yes, but over all they work well in the system they are going with. that a critique 

also

I admire your optimism, you're also the people who cheered at all the useless arcanes and mods added to the arb as well.  everything called out are just poor band aids on the broken system they added in. either way, we'll see how it turns out in the next phase. this phase is horrible.

2 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

DE have never hid how much they hated accidentally taking away the power ceiling with the infamous Maiming Body Rush Overload combo. You still get your power fantasy but you don't get to fight level 1,500 enemies anymore -- this was publicly disclosed two weeks ago in their Melee workshop when they spelled out how Maiming and Overload were each getting nerfed

You still have power. All melee weapons now have a minimum of 150 base damage (up from 35) with the strongest hitting 400 (up from 185). With the basic enemies in the game only starting at 100 health at level 1, and with average melee builds now reliably clearing hordes of level 140 enemies according to everyone else in the forums, I think you just need to chill your tits for a bit

ya melee feels strong tbh but cant digest the lich grind , its boring and utter nonsense, got one lich ,once done nvr doing grineer missions with cc frame

2 minutes ago, W4RM3CH4N1C said:

I'm not acting as anything, just calling out someone who's clearly (and massively) butthurt about a change to a weapon class they refuse to admit was working much better than intended.

You seem to have confused my post with someone who hasn't seen countless nerfs to weapons they enjoyed using.

But carry on with the rant, get it out of ya system, must be getting late and you're getting cranky perhaps some milk and cocoa and a nice soft fluffy jet kitty to send you right off 😜

I m sorry I m not more like you. who's apparently ok getting all the action from behind by DE. and by your def of working better than intended, I guess we should start nerfing frames too then. lets normalize everything!

6 minutes ago, hazerddex said:

also

thank god the spinners will be less now , used to hate the stupid macro spinners