Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make dying have a debuff...

elitharcos

Hmm, on the flipside, you could also punish the people who don't revive a downed teammate with a debuff for not contributing enough to teamwork.

Too far away to make it to revive that downed teammate? Too bad, not a team player, should've been closer. Was the one who was downed the one who wandered off on their own? Too bad, they just trolled you. Ignored that downed teammate and didn't feel like reviving? Merry Christmas, here's a debuff.

😉

(Or we could just realize that there's not really a solution (that doesn't come with a bunch of downsides) to forcing team play on a player that may not want to be a team player.)

Then you wonder why some players refuse to kill their Liches (like I did on the first day)... They don't want to die (or lvl up there Lich) and I don't blame them...

It was enough forcing us to die in that Index quest, now you want us to do it regularly... Come on...

Edited by ciTiger

14 hours ago, SailingSilky said:

I don't think those would really be good though?

Being unable to pick up energy/health - I can see a lot of frames dying from not being able to put up defensive abilities. And no health either? Why even revive at all? There's no point.

Being unable to accept ally buffs  - Maybe okay? I often play as Nezha with the Safeguard augment so if someone goes down a lot I can just put my Warding Halo on them. This would just prevent that. It doesn't help anyone.

Being unable to go into operator form - Also maybe okay. I main vazarin so If I were to get the debuff, I'd be more likely to die again because I'd be unable to heal myself. That doesn't help anyone either.

Losing your weapons - This one seems the most reasonable. The only issue I can see is that there is a bug where sometimes players cannot see where their weapons are.

The debuff isn't just hurting the player who goes down but the entire squad.

please note the "30-60 second " duration part right below the part of my post that you quote. In any emergency scenarios that using instant revive would be beneficial, those debuff hardly changing anything. Killing demolyst - you won't be abilt y use ability anyway. Putting up defense ability - you always have that 75 energy after using revive. Not picking up health orb - err ... u suppose to be at full health after revive, if you can't survival without rely on health/energy orb for 30 seconds, most likely it's time for u to extract that mission.

of all the scenario i think of, the only kind of scary one would be to go operator mode to active life support when it really low

Something in your response make me think u don't get the suggestion quite well. Like the Halo Ward example, that guy who die a lot would only get the debuff (and also for only 30s or so) if he use instant revive, if he wait in downed state for the normal 15s downed time then use revive, there are no debuff, on anyone, if others go there are revive him, or vasca revive him, no debuff either.

The debuff only act as a temporary sacrifice that the downed player suppose to think it worth the trade-off that the inconvenient bring against the success of the mission, in case of life support or demolyst etc. So that using instant revive all the time are considered stup ... err ... sub-optimal play, and using it in the right circumstance would be heroic

On 2019-11-06 at 10:34 AM, CedarDpg said:

Hmm, on the flipside, you could also punish the people who don't revive a downed teammate with a debuff for not contributing enough to teamwork.

Too far away to make it to revive that downed teammate? Too bad, not a team player, should've been closer. Was the one who was downed the one who wandered off on their own? Too bad, they just trolled you. Ignored that downed teammate and didn't feel like reviving? Merry Christmas, here's a debuff.

😉

(Or we could just realize that there's not really a solution (that doesn't come with a bunch of downsides) to forcing team play on a player that may not want to be a team player.)

That idea would only be bad because you do not cause the fall of that teammate.

What if that teammate is afk? or suicidal? or is bugged completely and has to die.(That's one reason why many people should be against debuffs tbh, not the new players lol, but it can be solved by adding a function like /bugged then you die automatically, game checks if you are at max health and shields and if you are, then you will be resurrected in place. also gain 1 revive, still unsure why it's not a feature.)

Edited by elitharcos