Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Host Quit mission when their Lich showed up

General_Durandal

The alternative being staying in mission and just constantly downing the Lich, which might or might not bug out missions. 

Had my Lich spawn right where an extractor should have shown up and instead of the extractor landing the game just ended up soft locking. To be fair I don't think they could handle it cause I loaded into them losing an extractor. In any case because my Lich was on the extractor spawn it just wouldn't spawn and because it wouldn't spawn the next extractor timer never started sooooo the whole mission was softlocked, assuming that when I left my Lich despawned and the extractor landed as normal? 

Cause at the time there was no way I was going to kill get downed by my Lich at that time because there was no point in expanding it's influence any farther or making it any more irritating at the time. 

So that's another thing that can apparently happen.....

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Oreades said:

The alternative being staying in mission and just constantly downing the Lich, which might or might not bug out missions. 

Had my Lich spawn right where an extractor should have shown up and instead of the extractor landing the game just ended up soft locking. To be fair I don't think they could handle it cause I loaded into them losing an extractor. In any case because my Lich was on the extractor spawn it just wouldn't spawn and because it wouldn't spawn the next extractor timer never started sooooo the whole mission was softlocked, assuming that when I left my Lich despawned and the extractor landed as normal? 

Cause at the time there was no way I was going to kill get downed by my Lich at that time because there was no point in expanding it's influence any farther or making it any more irritating at the time. 

So that's another thing that can apparently happen.....

If you get downed while the lich invades (finishing is a big nono in pubs apparently) he will go home just like stalker. He won't gain a level nor will his influence spread.
A squadmate or sentinel can bring you back up without problems.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

I had someone disconnect during the kill animation, rendering the Lich immortal.

Same, so when your Lich is level 5 and has all annoying abilities and just keeps on grabbing you and throwing you around like a doll.

2 hours ago, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

Nonetheless, I'm glad I mostly only play solo. Even more ways for hosts to screw over the team, yay.

Problem with lichs are not only the host can screw you. Anyone in the team that refuse to be defeated by the lich and just run from it block the rest of the team from having a chance of their lich to spawn if they wanna kill it.