Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Text cursor now misaligned in chat when set to small font.

rainy

• CPU: AMD FX 8350
  • GPU: Nvidia 780ti
  • Chat Text Size: Small
  • Chat Scale: 100
  • Custom menu scale: 70

Steps to reproduce:

1. Go to Options -> Chat
  2. Set Chat Text Size to Small
  3. Type small text in your small chat

A gif example of my issue: https://i.imgur.com/hfjn11Y.gifv

In the example, I type out words and create a space after every word, but visually the cursor is directly at the end of the word, but that's not where it should be. Digitally, it is a whole space ahead. I shuffle the cursor around and make a backspace, but a letter in front of the cursor gets deleted, not behind due to this offset position. This has been throwing me off.

Had a friend confirm the issue on small font, but appears fine on medium or larger size.

If I can provide any more information or diagnostics about my system, feel free to contact me.

*PUSH THIS*

Same problem here! Super anoying and vexing. It is probably a bun on side of DE.

This needs to be fixed please 🙂

Edit: If you read this please try it and report tell us your setup and if you have the same error.

Edited by PiXtain

Yes, I find it very annoying, the cursor is offset about 2 pixels to the left, sitting inside a "text symbol" rather than where the symbol ends, making it difficult to edit text as you "Assume" the cursor is sitting at the letter, but you end up deleting the space between the words.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...