Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Something needs to be done about players who won't attack their lich

Troll_Logic

1 minute ago, AreeSoothsayer said:

Unless you find the right one through brute force then the whispers you slowly earned show the same one. <..< Irrrrrritating.

Well, when you continually refuse to fight the lich, that can happen.  There's only a few of them.  Who cares about raising his level?  It's not like he gets harder to kill.

Just now, Troll_Logic said:

Well, when you continually refuse to fight the lich, that can happen.  There's only a few of them.  Who cares about raising his level?  It's not like he gets harder to kill.

The hell...?

I've never run from my Lich. Not once. I'm talking about how the whispers tell you about a word you already figured out on your own instead of one of the 2 you haven't.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WNxMatthew said:

If I just so happen to get the first one correct. I am not gonna bother doing that its my preference.

Yes, it is.  You're the one complaining about it taking too long while you're also the one picking the longest process.  You do understand that yes?

2 minutes ago, Keiyadan said:

How about dont play in open groups then the choice is by yourself

You can make the same argument about people who don't want to attack them unless they have all the requiems. Both sides have valid reasons but the fact that the liches block other liches is obviously the problem.

• Like 1

Just now, WNxMatthew said:

You can make the same argument about people who don't want to attack them unless they have all the requiems. Both sides have valid reasons but the fact that the liches block other liches is obviously the problem.

Exactly.  That is the problem.

I don't really care how DE fixes it.  But it needs to be fixed.

1 minute ago, Troll_Logic said:

Yes, it is.  You're the one complaining about it taking too long while you're also the one picking the longest process.  You do understand that yes?

Yes, let me try all 336 possibilities. Assuming that your lich even shows up in every single lich mission on the map which they wont, I am pretty sure getting some of the mods is shorter than just brute forcing.

• Like 2

There needs to be some kind of "fend off" mechanic. You haven't killed him, you don't have the Requiem mods, but you can still win the fight temporarily without spending a revive.

Even Stalker has this mechanic; you can't kill him, but he flees at 10% health. Obviously Liches are destined for something more elaborate, but they shouldn't just sit in the mission indefinitely. And they should only cost you a revive if you either attempt a Parazon attack and fail, or attempt to fend them off and fail; you shouldn't fend them off by spending a revive

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WNxMatthew said:

Yes, let me try all 336 possibilities. Assuming that your lich even shows up in every single lich mission on the map which they wont, I am pretty sure getting some of the mods is shorter than just brute forcing.

If you free the Lich's territory, the Lich will grow Enraged and show up in every mission that is Lich territory. By by then, you'll already have at least 1 known Requiem because you'll have harvested all those murmurs freeing those nodes.

1 minute ago, nslay said:

If you free the Lich's territory, the Lich will grow Enraged and show up in every mission that is Lich territory. By by then, you'll already have at least 1 known Requiem because you'll have harvested all those murmurs freeing those nodes.

I have been in missions where my lich has their rage meter maxed and they didn't show their face. Its still time-based RNG like Vor in the void.

Edited by WNxMatthew
Add second statement.
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, WNxMatthew said:

I have been in missions where my lich has their rage meter maxed and they didn't show their face.

Are you playing nodes that are still under the Lich's control? Once you free a node, they won't show their face in that node again even if they still steal from you.

For me, they spawn every single mission (to a node owned by the Lich) when in Enraged state.

Edited by nslay

5 minutes ago, WNxMatthew said:

What are you talking about?

Just change the first one.  If it doesn't work, change the first one.  If it doesn't work, change the first one.  When it works, change the second one.  By then, the know requiem thingy should kick in.  That's 2.  Then change the third one.

Why in the world would you continually change all 336 possibilities?

3 minutes ago, Troll_Logic said:

What are you talking about?

Just change the first one.  If it doesn't work, change the first one.  If it doesn't work, change the first one.  When it works, change the second one.  By then, the know requiem thingy should kick in.  That's 2.  Then change the third one.

Why in the world would you continually change all 336 possibilities?

Worst case scenario my man. That is what I am going based off of. Obviously, if I were to try and brute force it and find the first one then I would keep it there. But I don't want to brute force it.

Edited by WNxMatthew
added quote

2 minutes ago, WNxMatthew said:

Worst case scenario my man. That is what I am going based off of. Obviously, if I were to try and brute force it and find the first one then I would keep it there. But I don't want to brute force it.

No, this is worst case.  Doing it slowest possible way then complaining about it being slow.

Do you understand what "brute forcing" means?  You speak like it's some time consuming energy sucking process that will make you hate the game.  It isn't.  It's common sense and it takes a hell of a lot less time than you're assuming and it's a whole lot easier and faster than what you are doing now.  Get that 336 number out of your mind.  It isn't that.

The second lich I happened to pick the second number by luck.

I have no idea what you have against logically going through the fastest method, but you really need to get the ideas that you are "brute forcing 336 combinations" and "the best way is to slog through enough murmurs to reveal to mods" out of your head.  Those ideas aren't your friends. 

vor 23 Minuten schrieb WNxMatthew:

your right i just mean if it goes on his nervs he can do things its not like he has to do it that way i mean clearly the others too but see if im bothered by something that i could make different why should i not do it and have my fun back games are about fun or?

Just now, Troll_Logic said:

No, this is worst case.  Doing it slowest possible way then complaining about it being slow.

Do you understand what "brute forcing" means?  You speak like it's some time consuming energy sucking process that will make you hate the game.  It isn't.  It's common sense and it takes a hell of a lot less time than you're assuming and it's a whole lot easier and faster than what you are doing now.  Get that 336 number out of your mind.  It isn't that.

The second lich I happened to pick the second number by luck.

I have no idea what you have against logically going through the fastest method, but you really need to get the ideas that you are "brute forcing 336 combinations" and "the best way is to slog through enough murmurs to reveal to mods" out of your head.  Those ideas aren't your friends. 

Dude, some people don't want to do it the way you do it. GET OVER IT. I am not in any rush to get a kuva lich death count like you seem to want. Anyways, you are getting stuck on a minor detail. A couple of responses ago we agreed on the overall solution being that it needs to be changed.

• Like 6

The complete non-interaction with the Lich until you have their Requiem is really bad design for many reasons. This whole thread shows just one of the many symptoms.

I have been suggesting this: If you try to mercy your Lich without the full Requiem, you have to complete a hacking style minigame. If you fail, he kills you and levels up like now. But if you succeed, he retreats and drops some of the loot he has stolen from you.

This would give you several reasons to actually try to fight him, instead of just ignoring him. You could get them to go away, so that they don't interfere with the mission, and your teammates can try to kill theirs. And, you could actually get some of your resources back without having to wait until the game lets yo finish them off. It would be much better than simply being a "revive tax" like they are now.

• Like 6

Couldn't there be some kind of mechanic to prevent your personal lich from spawning in a mission? It seems to me that would solve this problem, and also allow players that have no interest in the system to avoid it.

I certainly have next to no interest in this silly setup, especially after looking at some of the weapon drops...and I DEFINITELY do not like the idea of an NPC stealing things away from me that I cant pick up on the ground (im fine with a temporary disarm).

1 hour ago, WNxMatthew said:

Dude, some people don't want to do it the way you do it. GET OVER IT. I am not in any rush to get a kuva lich death count like you seem to want. Anyways, you are getting stuck on a minor detail. A couple of responses ago we agreed on the overall solution being that it needs to be changed.

I'm not saying you have to.  You don't want to "brute force 336 combinations" of mods and that's cool.  You do you.  I'm just pointing out that the process you're using is the much slower of the two while you're the one complaining about the speed.

1 hour ago, TARINunit9 said:

There needs to be some kind of "fend off" mechanic. You haven't killed him, you don't have the Requiem mods, but you can still win the fight temporarily without spending a revive.

What's the big deal about a revive?  Sure, if we were playing four years ago and there were four revives a day, maybe.  But there are four to six revives a mission.

2 minutes ago, Troll_Logic said:

What's the big deal about a revive?  Sure, if we were playing four years ago and there were four revives a day, maybe.  But there are four to six revives a mission.

Here's my problem with the whole Kuva Lich process I had posted previously in another topic.

10 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

I've killed numerous Thralls and assisted in killing Liches with absolutely nothing coming my way to help in with my own Lich progression.  Progression which still only at having 4 Requiem Relics, 1 Requiem mod, and no Lich.   I could live with this if it wasn't for the limited nature of the Requiem/Parazon mods.

I find it weird that i have participated in the progress of others from the very beginning and yet can't even progress for myself even a little bit while helping them.   

• Like 2