Dauggie

PC DRIVERS GETTING CRASHED! only specific to warframe

[sorry i kinda solved it, fix is below in comments. wanted to delete after fixing it but it already had replies so felt like leaving it]

Seriously this bug is nothing new, lot of people having it. when the game will crash to desktop and window will show a pop up "Driver has crashed and got restarted" using Nvidia GPU lastest driver. and this has been happening for 2+ months now and only happens to Warframe. settings don't help. it happens randomly as well, no specific mission or something. really screws up your mood to play TBh. like you are into long duration mission and this happens, you have to ALT+F4 there is no option to restore the game. you can hear it playing in background as minimized but you can't bring it back up. PLEASE look into this issue. makes you just stop playing the game, which i don't want to. also support ticket won't help since it's a General issue not specific to me

pc specs if it matters - AMD Fx6300 NO OC | GPU Nvidia GTX750ti 2gb | 8GB RAM [also more than enough space in HDD]

Edited by Dauggie
fixed it
  • Like 1

This isn't specific to Nvidia, either.

My Radeon VII graphics card with AMD Radeon graphics drivers all the way back from August and going forward are all doing the exact same thing as this.

I start the game > It runs for a few minutes > The screen goes black > the image returns > the Warframe window cannot be brought back up > The Radeon Control Panel is completely messed up as well.

This issue also affects my other games as well. After this crash, the performance in other games is completely tanked. That may be because the driver is messed up, but a PC restart fixes this.

However, this crash makes Warframe completely unplayable. The ONLY workaround I have found for this is to reinstall a graphics driver from MAY 2019, which is doable, but entirely unacceptable. This needs to be worked at, and since it's an issue for both Nvidia as well as AMD, I think the ball is in DE's court on this one.

jesus this appears to have been happening since the very beginning on all kinds of setups, same here, what works for me is using dx11 instead of dx10, but i get far better framerate on dx10 and its a pity because every frame counts with an old card like radeon 5650m

On 2019-11-03 at 5:08 AM, Dauggie said:

On 2019-11-07 at 11:23 PM, DarthSatoris said:

8 minutes ago, thespe said:

What are the OS you 3 are using?

the issue is that the gpu driver crashes, not related to the system. this issue has been there forever, just search a little bit
its extremely strange and it will never be fixed, but some things seem to work for some people

oh i solved this issue long time ago and i forgot how to do it. i wanted to delete this post but couldn't find where to delete it. the fix is simple, in your gpu control manager, in my case nvidia, there will be "power management" search the similar thing for AMD. and set it to max performance. what causes the crash is the manager limiting the power to gpu went it gets crazy or something, idk why it only target warframe. there had been few other mmorpg type games effected by it. hope this helps, if not. idk it fixed for me.

4 hours ago, thespe said:

the issue is that the gpu driver crashes, not related to the system. this issue has been there forever, just search a little bit
its extremely strange and it will never be fixed, but some things seem to work for some people

5 hours ago, thespe said:

jesus this appears to have been happening since the very beginning on all kinds of setups, same here, what works for me is using dx11 instead of dx10, but i get far better framerate on dx10 and its a pity because every frame counts with an old card like radeon 5650m