Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Think I Found Out Where Most Of That Ignis Buff Went To.

Aspari

Step 1: Play Nekros and equip the Ignis.

Step 2: Find an Ancient.

Step 3: Soul Punch them.

Step 4: Fire while they're ragdolled.

If you do it right they will die about a second after you shoot them with the Ignis. So far the only Ancients it won't kill almost instantly is level 100+ Ancient. This is done with an unmodded Ignis by the way. Also works with the Kestrel but not as reliable.

ragdolled enemies take x2 dmg as far as I know, also in the ragdolled state the ignis deals dmg to all bodyparts (head, body, upper leg, lower leg, arms) and therefore you end up doing x10 dmg

edit: but not sure if it's rly super accurate

edit2: oh forgot that infested have a weakness to fire x2 right? then your dmg is x20 :D

Edited by Seira-EGT-

It's a glitch. Any ragdolled enemy (not sure about bosses, if they can be ragdolled) is killed pretty much instantly with Ignis flames if they hit before it starts trying to get up.

Tried it against level 10 and level 70 Ancients. They died at about the same speed from my unpotato'd Ignis.

Maybe its related to the lag bug the Igins causes for some people. It being worked on as we speak, so maybe they already know about this particular issue as well.

I don't really see what lag has to do with it... I assume that the lag is caused by all the (possibly poorly-optimized) particle effects involving the flames and all the surfaces that are set on fire whenever you attack.

The ragdoll bug sounds a lot like a hitbox thing to me. i.e. a single flame will continue to hit the ragdolled enemy for every single step of the program until it dissipates, as opposed to a non-ragdolled enemy, which will become invulnerable to a particular "tick" of flame after being hit with it once (so it only gets damaged by the many flames that follow afterwards rather than being hit by 1 ammo a hundred times). I assume that this is the case, but I might be wrong.

Edited by SortaRandom

I don't really see what lag has to do with it... I assume that the lag is caused by all the (possibly poorly-optimized) particle effects involving the flames and all the surfaces that are set on fire whenever you attack.

The ragdoll bug sounds a lot like a hitbox thing to me. i.e. a single flame will continue to hit the ragdolled enemy for every single step of the program until it dissipates, as opposed to a non-ragdolled enemy, which will become invulnerable to a particular "tick" of flame after being hit with it once (so it only gets damaged by the many flames that follow afterwards rather than being hit by 1 ammo a hundred times). I assume that this is the case, but I might be wrong.

The lag bug is likely caused by a netcode stack overflow issue, which this behaviour could be attributed to as well. Also, I didn't say the cause of both issues is the same, but that they're likely looking at other known issues with the weapon when they are working on it.

ragdolled enemies take x2 dmg as far as I know, also in the ragdolled state the ignis deals dmg to all bodyparts (head, body, upper leg, lower leg, arms) and therefore you end up doing x10 dmg

edit: but not sure if it's rly super accurate

edit2: oh forgot that infested have a weakness to fire x2 right? then your dmg is x20 :D

Is that why Scorches just murder through my shields and health if I get knocked down near one?