Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rage Mod "fixed" Into Uselessness.

Mak_Gohae

Step 1- Torid no longer poisons user.

Step 2-

• Rage mod no longer converts oxygen-depletion damage in Survival mode to energy and will not convert asphyxiation or vampire damage to energy

Step 3?- did they nerf the quick thinking combo? If not, its coming.

Result.

This mod's only use is for the extremely specific event where your shields are down and you have no energy to use on anything. Not saying this situation isnt possible but one should not let it reach that point. Hek, i wouldn't even do that on purpose to try to get energy. This takes it almost to the level of those Ice Shield /Electric/Fire resistance mods where there is absolutely no way of knowing if they will come into play. It's pretty close. 

So this is now a Mak_Gohae approved useless mod.

And when Mak_Gohae approves you know it means something.

This thread has been approved by the Mak_Gohae Committee.

Most likely. It would be much more useful if it just converted all damage into energy. Have it where it converts 5%/10%/15%/20% damage into energy, and double or even triple the amount if the damage is done to health.

Given that they lowered the occasions one can get energy from it i doubt they are going to give you more chances to get energy even if they lowered the amount gained.

If all you do is use rage mod in nightmare missions and missions that you choke to death for free energy, you're using it wrong.

Pair it with a high level vitality mod, and go into a mission that has AIs that cause elemental damage like fire, electric, and poison, same results, I use it on warframes that otherwise can't use energy siphon, or are open to attack when casting, I some times even use it in the void because the lasers causes around 100 or 200 damage. 

Q: does it work if you have iron skin up?

Also, this seems like it'd be great in infested areas, where you can rely on them to poison you, and the guys who DO poison you show up around the same time as guys who instantly remove all of your energy and shields at once.

It's less of a god mode mod, and more of a "way to survive the ancients" mod.

Edited by Llyssa

So this is now a Mak_Gohae approved useless mod.

And when Mak_Gohae approves you know it means something.

This thread has been approved by the Mak_Gohae Committee.

I dont know if we can trust this Mak_Gohae Committee guys,

Do we know if the the Mak_Gohae Committee is approved by Mak_Gohae?

If all you do is use rage mod in nightmare missions and missions that you choke to death for free energy, you're using it wrong.

Pair it with a high level vitality mod, and go into a mission that has AIs that cause elemental damage like fire, electric, and poison, same results, I use it on warframes that otherwise can't use energy siphon, or are open to attack when casting, I some times even use it in the void because the lasers causes around 100 or 200 damage. 

I didnt cover this thoroughly in the OP but one of the main things you should be actively doing is avoiding damage. Once i see something that will bypass shields the priority is to get away or take them down ASAP. Most other mods that are considered useless have a reasonable activation method while this mod doesn't. I am not saying this does not happen, of course, i am saying that for most of the game you are doing something that will stop the mod effect from working.

I didnt cover this thoroughly in the OP but one of the main things you should be actively doing is avoiding damage. Once i see something that will bypass shields the priority is to get away or take them down ASAP. Most other mods that are considered useless have a reasonable activation method while this mod doesn't. I am not saying this does not happen, of course, i am saying that for most of the game you are doing something that will stop the mod effect from working.

It's all how you play, and the frame. 

I'll also say this, Rage takes the edge off of stupid team mates who love walking in front of me when I have a rocket launcher.

Of course, if you have Trinity in your team you have a better chance with the mod but that just proves the point that the use of the mod has become even more limited.

I'll also say this, Rage takes the edge off of stupid team mates who love walking in front of me when I have a rocket launcher.

This  was part of my original use of the mod, the Torid. People running in front of my shooting and lag having the effect of the gas still happening while the visual effect was gone. And i have a whole build based on Torid poisoning where i didnt even have flow or streamline because i would just poison myself to get energy and heal back with Rejuv.

I have a really hard time seeing how "get damaged" is a style choice. If your strategy revolves around taking damage to use skills, you can't be doing high level missions where danger is real. Also, given that the max health is relatively the same within a range of maxed frames, there's a narrow window where you would be able to effectively control the amount of damage taken. It is based on health damage taken, so a heavily armored frame has higher survivability and could risk taking health damage for longer, but that falls off at higher levels.

I play a wide variety of frames and in most cases Rage is a "nice if I have extra room," but will always lose out to a Vigor or Redirection slot. There may be some even more niche conditions for use now, but taking away the ability to receive the benefit from the mod in the only real ways you can control the amount of damage taken is not helpful to the players.

"Getting damaged" as a playstyle:

Rage

Equilibrium

Vitality

Vigor

Rejuvenation

Constitution

Streamline

a melee weapon

and some area blast skills

Goal is to run in recklessly, chopping up everything by hand, and blasting away constantly as they recharge your energy at high speed. Would work better in a "no shields" nightmare deal.

Not that hard to imagine.

This mod's only use is for the extremely specific event where your shields are down and you have no energy to use on anything. Not saying this situation isnt possible but one should not let it reach that point. Hek, i wouldn't even do that on purpose to try to get energy.

I dont have Quick Thinking, but I use Rage in combination with Equilibrium mod in one configuration for my Rhino, without Redirection. In this way theres not many shields. I also combine it with Reflex Guard which gives automatic block to some attacks. In this way the frame is not entirely destroyed when surrounded by enemies, having a chance to evade while the energy recharges. After enemies are killed, blue balls of energy that drops from them will give health back. Another possible combination is the use of Rejuvenation Aura.

Edited by Wolfstorm18

"Getting damaged" as a playstyle:

Rage

Equilibrium

Vitality

Vigor

Rejuvenation

Constitution

Streamline

a melee weapon

and some area blast skills

Goal is to run in recklessly, chopping up everything by hand, and blasting away constantly as they recharge your energy at high speed. Would work better in a "no shields" nightmare deal.

Not that hard to imagine.

More or less this, I have a few frames that aren't really "tanks" but I do tend to play like they're tanks, but their health normally sits around 800+, so rage gives me enough energy for one maybe two good Ult attacks, and then more or less clears the room, and then I go back and deal with my fallen squad mates.

But I mostly do this kind of gameplay on lower missions where I'm grinding for resources, mostly in defence missions, but in higher levels where this kind of gameplay would be stupid, I tend to go with our rage, or stick to ranged killing, and us rage as a way to help defend myself if meet with a heavy, or something that'd eat my shields quickly.

Also, I was looking at the new mods, and I noticed this.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Quick_Thinking

"When combined with Rage and Energy Siphon, Quick Thinking can convert energy to health for your Warframe many times in a row. However, if there is any delay in receiving energy from these mods due to lag, you may still die."

I haven't found quick thinking yet, but I hazard a guess and say that using quick thinking along with rage means even if your health drops down to say 10 from an attack, you can duck, and your energy will heal you up enough to get you through the fight.

I also want to point out the comments above about how any gameplay in which one plays to take damage, is very hard to imagine. Those comments truly revealing to me how unimaginable you guys are, it's almost like you guys have no imagination.

Not trying to be rude or anything, but still there are ways for the rage mod to still work, without loss of health dealt by damage from choking or vampire.

I only put Rage on:

Rhino, because he was the frame I built to handle whatever Nightmare Mode threw my way

Trinity, because it makes sense for an emergency heal casting, and

nova, because the only other thing that worked in that V slot when I made the build was Continuity, which did ALMOST much nothing for her.

While I greatly enjoyed always being at max energy in vampire mode, the most important function was in no shield energy drain mode, to help me restore iron skin when it wears off. As long as that ability to do that isn't messed with, there will at least be ONE use for Rage.

What sucks is that it is 1 of the only 3 Warframe V mods and so stinking many Warframes come with V polarities.

So yay, now there's only 2 V mods, and not all warframes have a need for both Focus and Continuity (or at least it does so very little, that it is not worth the capacity points).

Ok someone explain to me why "Torid no longer poisons user" is a bad thing, isn't that preventing friendly fire or are the trolls just mad because they no longer can troll players with the poison cloud and team mates take damage?

Last I checked, Torid/Ogris only damaged YOURSELF, not your teammates.

Ok someone explain to me why "Torid no longer poisons user" is a bad thing, isn't that preventing friendly fire or are the trolls just mad because they no longer can troll players with the poison cloud and team mates take damage?

It only hurts the user, team mates are NOT affected.

Don't even talk about the Torid if you have not use it.

And it was integral to the Rage build.

O.o   First I don't have this mod, but it does sound useful.   

Second...   Using any type of combo that pretty much gives you infinite energy sounds like an exploit to me.   And rather glad they did this fix to it.

The torrid damaging the user sounds like a bug, and given the time to take ti fix it sounds like they had to code in a seperate sectoin for just the torrids pioson so it didn't effect the user.   Or just nobody reported it and DE found about it themselves.   

And if your are spamming your ult are you really playing the game right?    Only frame I spam the ult on is my Banshee and thats cause it staggers and pushes the enemies away, allowing my teammates to pick them off without getting shot at.   Plus I can get some kills too depending on the level of the area.   

Other wise, ults are crowd control, when swarmed by say like 20 guys at one time.   with Like half being elites/heavy units..  @_@....  

But still be creative in your builds, just don't go for max health, sheilds, etc.   Your a Ninja, if you need all that on every frame, but the tank one..  Then are you really a Ninja?