Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Iron Skin Colors

Llyssa

My typical warpaint across my frames is white with blue trims.

This works well on everything, so far... but presents a problem on rhino: I can't tell when iron skin is up or down, as it mainly colors your primary section white. Which, by my regular style, it already is. o.0

I noticed that the 4th tint color isn't used for anything on rhino.

So, one of 2 suggestions:

A: Have iron skin use the energy color more prominently. This would make it more obvious on light colored rhinos in most cases.

B: Have iron skin use the unused "Tint Color 4" to give it a unique user-defined look.

Thanks!

Just like mara here said, the 4th tint is used on the vanguard helmet trim near the mid-top. As for iron skin i use a white based rhino and i don't have trouble telling whether iron skin is up or not. Even if his skin was hard to see it's not that hard to press "2" once in awhile. You can also determine this by paying attention to your HUD, aka if your shields are being damaged then obviously iron skin is not activated.

It's... Shiny silver with a tile texture on it, and blobby lava-things of doom.. And if you get a shield/health hit notifier on your screen, it's time to Skin Up.

Please don't make Rhino's skin glow energy colour.. I like having blue energy, and I don't want a shiny blue Rhino.

I have to agree with Noogums on this one.  I tend to use a primary white with blue trim on most of my frames as well and while I hardly ever notice when Iron Skin falls off just by glancing at my Rhino it's super easy to tell when you start taking damage that IS needs to go back up.  And considering you can use IS at pretty much anytime aside from KD there's really no reason for you to take any health damage before being able to refresh it.

It's called Iron Skin, not Emerald Skin or Ruby Skin or Sapphire Skin or [insert Colored Rock/Mineral/Gem Here] Skin.

I have to agree with Noogums on this one.  I tend to use a primary white with blue trim on most of my frames as well and while I hardly ever notice when Iron Skin falls off just by glancing at my Rhino it's super easy to tell when you start taking damage that IS needs to go back up.  And considering you can use IS at pretty much anytime aside from KD there's really no reason for you to take any health damage before being able to refresh it.

It's called Iron Skin, not Emerald Skin or Ruby Skin or Sapphire Skin or [insert Colored Rock/Mineral/Gem Here] Skin.

Naturally occurring iron is black. That's why people who work with iron are called "black" smiths. <.<

Iron horse shoe: http://www.turkishgiftbazaar.com/images/homedecor3/horseshoe03.JPG

Edited by Llyssa

Naturally occurring iron is black. That's why people who work with iron are called "black" smiths. <.<

Iron horse shoe: http://www.turkishgiftbazaar.com/images/homedecor3/horseshoe03.JPG

Um...no it isn't.

Iron only turns black after being heated.  Natural iron ranges from gray to rust-red to orange-yellow, with gray being the most prevalent color.

Get your facts straight ;)

I hope they don't make IS reflect your energy colour. Too many things are affected by energy colour and don't work well because how the system works. It's already too much of a gimmick, don't make it worse. 

Edited by Naith

Um...no it isn't.

Iron only turns black after being heated.  Natural iron ranges from gray to rust-red to orange-yellow, with gray being the most prevalent color.

Get your facts straight ;)

I notice, of all the options you listed, "White" isn't one. *points*

Also, that being said, there are such things as tinctures and whatnot. Metal isn't particularly hard to color.

I'm on board with energy color being over-done in some cases, but one part of one alternate helmet shouldn't be too horrible to share the color of iron skin with, right? I just want to be able to quick reference without spamming a key I don't need to(especially when the "watch your shields" thing is kind of moot in a "this will kill you if you don't have IS up" scenario).