Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The HUGE Zenistar nerf

Zelmen

4 hours ago, (PS4)mommamac1985 said:

All the resources used to make a good weapon including formas and Kuva for rivens was for nothing. Every time you release a frame or rework a frame you make rivens junk. 

Please tell me why I should continue to play this game and do all the grind to get the weapons and resources used to roll rivens and make good weapons. When you decide that what has been done was a total waist of time because now your going to nerf them.

So you’re saying the entire riven system is working as intended and precisely as expected?  Shocker!

”why you would continue to play the game” is because you’re having fun.  If you’re not having fun, you’re not gaming correctly.  This is your leisure time, not your job.  Do something you enjoy if it’s not this.

People 'play the game' as they see fit. This melee was not designed as an average weapon. Its utility, i.e., the disc made it what it was. Why otherwise would you use it? There are far better damage weapons out there. From what I can see, there is more criticism than praise regarding the change and the weapon has been nerfed because players use the disc. DE haven't covered themselves in glory and were dishonest about the possible nerf, fearing the backlash. We're stuck with this as DE have dug their heels in disregarding the concensus.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, (PS4)mommamac1985 said:

It’s not just the rivens. I have several weapons without rivens and the range on my melee weapons is almost nothing now and some of my primaries are crap. I’m about done playing this game.

Just relax and start playing with the new weapons and changes.  It's change and change is scary, but I'm finding it to be a HUGE improvement overall.

Sure, a couple of us had our personal favs get knocked down a peg (I'm not flowing around with Clashing Forest nearly as much now that Exodia Hunt builds are awesome, and Defiled Snapdragon is still a bit janky), but a whole bunch of our existing weapons got a whole lot better and WAY more fun.

il y a 43 minutes, peterc3 a dit :

DE isn't designing the game for endurance runs. This is not a problem.

Of course it is, changing one weapon's utility is not beneficial to everyone, so you're excluding players just because they like to stay more time in missions than you normaly do?

So its okay to you to exclude people just based on your playstyle?

What did they nerf?

I mean the Catchmoon was "nerfed" but supposedly works fine at close range.

Melee was "nerfed" but seems to be getting fixed and working better in terms of weapon variety.

Did Steve decide he hated the existence of a random weapon and set it to negative damage in a hotfix that I missed?

I just want to say that the new melee system is actually stupid. It's nerfs zenis duration to less than a quarter it used to be and it stacks off of combos? Also let's not forget the people who actually have combos builds but who will actually get rid of that combo multiplier just lift an enemy and make it unable to do anything when there's already frames that do that job? Who's going to want to get rid of a damage mulitplier just to make an enemy believe he can fly and touch the sky? In all honesty I believe this system should be removed. It ruins the flow that melees had by adding a button that shouldn't take responsibility for heavy attacks. I understand that you could probably set it back up how it used be, holding down one button it won't fix that it still ruins melees and combos by getting rid of damage and the ability to continue the multiplier. 

• Like 1

Oh look another person who only focuses on one thing. I bet you only read up to that and nothing else and are probably one of the people who was basically given that day 150 or whenever the first log-in weapon day was. If you actually cared to read I also said it just plain hurts melee and not to mention no ones going to use heavy anymore cause it gets rid of the damage multiplier you get after you get enough stacks on your combo. 

its clearly not a vet weapon. Why? cause weapons don't have tags, well only mastery requirement, but mastery doesn't determinate the experience of a player.

I do agree that the lifted status is crap, but the rest of the melee rework is actually good, and brings a lot of build diversity.

Alright how about we get to topic at hand but first vets are actually people who played the game and didn't just hop on to get catered by De like most of the newer players. So back to topic this new in my opinion sucks. I don't care if some comes here and reads it and gives me some actual feedback. Not like you or that first guy who only reads part of something and goes on about one thing they think someones wrong in. So please if you're not here to give some feed back on the new system besides saying it's good and the lifted sucks then you can just go back to region or whatever you do besides browse forums and only continue on something completely off topic. 

And one more thing....

Why is my fully ranked Primed Reach now only a +3??????

I get the whole Melee 3.0 revamp, but Zenistar's disc relies on a good reach...

So basically, with all the other Zenistar changes, DE is basically telling all users that if you rely on this weapon for CC (and for me, the key ingredient to most SOLO play and level furtherance), tough.... 

This is a complete outrage and I'm disgusted.  I have reached my breaking point with Warframe.

I have "skin" in this game.  I earned the Zenistar.  I've paid for platinum.  I've bought prime packages.  I've submitted BUG issues I've encountered.  I've tolerated game additions that can't be used (I'm SOLO ONLY; can't do ANYTHING with Conclave - no Lunaro, no mods, no additional experience, NOTHING).  I've tolerated poorly thought out UI changes that DON'T TAKE INTO ACCOUNT THE CONSOLE C-O-N-T-R-O-L-L-E-R USER THAT DOESN'T HAVE A KEYBOARD - shortsighted and just plain ignorant - fine motor control with the left stick without automatic object homing is just plain wrong - and NOT the ridiculous implementation through the "SLOW D-pad across the screen" you have now).  Heck, I've even offered my FREE assistance as a console troubleshooter for DE - not that you even responded, but still, the offer was made on MULTIPLE OCCASIONS.

Now, the one thing in the game that makes playing SOLO a L-I-T-T-L-E bit easier (CC for crying out loud, not an OVERPOWERED OR CHEATING WEAPON), DE makes this change to the Nth degree and really KILLS IT.

I WOULD HAVE BEEN HAPPIER IF YOU DELETED THE WEAPON FROM THE GAME, REFUNDED ALL MY PRIME MOD PURCHASES AND ENDO FOR RANK FOR THE ZENISTAR, AND EXPLAINED THAT IT COULDN'T FIT YOUR MELEE 3.0 MODEL.  I COULD HAVE ACCEPTED THAT.

The Zenistar did not need to be nerfed, it needed to be fixed (disc sometimes won't launch, AoE can't go around certain objects, etc.).  YOUR "FIX" PUSHED THIS WEAPON INTO OBLIVION.

For me, this kills my ability to play this game. 

Why my ire, you may ask?  It's simple, really.  I LOVED this game.  It WAS fun.  After all these changes in the last year or so (see above), however, DE, your changes are making life HARDER by making these obtuse, obsequious and downright ridiculous changes. 

Hey, we all make choices.  DE decided to make this change.  So Be It.  Hopefully, someone on the DE team who plays with the Zenistar will see the GLARING issues with these changes, wakes up their collective senses, escalates this to the right DE team to FIX it and revert these changes back to it's original DESIGN INTENT...NOT in a month, not in a year, not until the next "big" update, but as soon as physically possible.  It's just the RIGHT thing to do; also, an apology would hurt, ether.  When you piss people off, you need to explain and apologize, it's just that simple.

As I said, we all make choices.  After 3800+ hours of gameplay, if DE doesn't take these issues seriously and address them, from me and the countless negative feedback, then I make the choice to stop playing this game, PERIOD.

The Void Giveth and the Void Taketh Away, TENNO.

• Like 2