Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Other players not engaging their lichs blocking other lich spawns

Ralyks

29 minutes ago, BaIthazar said:

Either stab your Lich or play solo

It's a public mission. Don't expect other people to play how you want. Maybe if you want to get your Lich, you should be the one to play solo.

Telling people not to play a mission because they're not doing what you want them to is silly. It's DE's problem for designing it this way.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

You shouldn't play random public matches, use the recruiting tab in chat  It is there for this very reason, People with no patience or tolerance for people doing stuff differently than how they expect them to.  The anger and rage in your typing tells me you would be much happier going that rout. Although if you would take the time to read the hotfix notes you would know that you can simply down that persons litch three times and it will leave

Edited by icodious

12 hours ago, (PS4)Dredgen__Totalus said:

I don't care if You DOn'T wANt To LEveL tHEm uP, other people are trying to take down their Lich. So if you aren't going to do anything about your Lich, don't do the missions. And yeah, I know there's an update coming, but it still annoys the hell out of me,

I don't care if you WAnT tO tAkE dOWn yOuR LIcH, I don't want them to level up.

12 hours ago, Kingsmount said:

To be fair to them,  DE did design the entire lich system around negative reinforcement / Positive Punishment.  Which is fun for nobody.  Even if you like the liches it's still a black mark and bad game design, you could enjoy it much more.

Who in their right mind thinks it's a fun and engaging idea to all but force the player to kill themeslves 5-10+ times,  the lich also on top of that growing in levels (and some people don't have meta frames, weapons, and mods to handle the high levels).

And all for practically nothing.  A metric chode-ton of effort just for a random weapon you still need a slot, potato, and 5 forma for,  that's probably not even worth the effort.  My current Lich has a fking Kraken with just a 28% bonus.  I'd rather pleasure myself with a cactus than grind this lich but I'm nearly forced to or I can't try again with a different lich + he'll never go away unless I do.

Imagine how rewarding the Lich system would feel if they multiplied all the stolen rewards by the level of the lich is at when you kill it.   

And now imagine the liches were actually liches and you can kill them with ANY 3 stab attempts, but they'll come back from death since you didn't have the right code,  due to being a lich as per what a lich is supposed to be- immortal, not unkillable.   

The rune system would feel a lot better,  fighting the liches would feel a lot better,   the whole thing wont feel like a waste of time.

The negative reinforcement issue is the problem I take most with the system overall.

The more you interact with the system the worse the experience you get.

Then there is the entire BS arguments that just won't stay dead over how the playerbase "should" deal with them, accusations of trolling from both sides, stab vs farm murmers, even after DE attempted to stop the problem with a 3 down system.

Really all the negativity behind the system shouldn't surprise anyone, when the game causes players to unironically demand that other players die for their benefit in a co-op game you know you've managed to bungle something up on the game design side.

• Like 1

On 2019-11-03 at 6:21 PM, Ralyks said:

Players ignoring their lichs and blocking spawns for the rest of the squad is a REALLY BAD PROBLEM RIGHT NOW. Its faster to farm murmurs in a squad so playing solo cripples your farm. Its now taking almost twice as long to complete a lich encounter because inconsiderate players ignore their lich preventing mine from spawning.

There needs to be a despawn timer, a vote to kick, a something. Because players are A******s.

I dont think that lich can block other lich spams. simply this is not case, I have seen 2 active liches at same time, and that "ignored" liches disappear after some time. when this happen next time I will take screenshot and post it here. this is not first time I have seen this so I can guarantee that "lich block" is not a rule set in stone.

also lishes tend to bug, like falling through floor, spam inside wall or marker go in circles around you etc. this mostly happen in jupiter and ceres. also if you "ignore" lich than he spams more thralls or what ever, one which you kill to find out mod you need.

I dont care if "it say otherwise on this and this on that tread", what I have experienced and seen about claimed lich block is not rule set in stone or what ever. multiple liches can be spamed In mission regardless of engaging it or not. period. also dont see reason to engage lich when I dont know which mods are needed for it. if I know at least 1 mod I will try, on 2nd mod I will try again.

surv missions are batter for spam, and cap, than def ones or md, intercept. I do preffer surv because you can w8 on extract and leave mission regardless of other players. maybe introducing "solo" extract would solved a problem. after competing mission go for extraction area and press x to leave.  

Edited by -HoB-AngelofRevenge

On 2019-11-27 at 3:22 PM, NinjaKitsune56 said:

Could be worse... initially you were stuck with it. If a Lich showed up, you had to either leg it for extraction, or hope the target would take the hit. Now, if you down it without using the Parazon three times, it'll run away and not level up.

that doesnt solve the issue of it stealing his resources and among those being credits indcluding from the Index. and he has no option to abort it because he triggered it on accidant. so his only option to get the resources back and stop the whole theft is to Grind hours on end to learn the 3 words you need. grind a few more hours for the relics, anouther hour or more trying to get the words and then anouther hour to find out the right word sequence just to kill it. and whos to say when emperyean comes out the extra step of needing a Railjack to get to it because it commandeered a Galleon. and we all know just how much of a time sink and resource sink that is currently, now add on during the process of building said railjack the Lich is stealing your resources the very resources you need to build the means to go kill it? 

their needs to be An abort option for liches with a 12-24 hour wait to generate a new one to prevent abuse, and the lich should only be able to be generated through the Kuva Fortress. that way its actually a voluntary action. and not something you end up doing by accidant. 

On 2019-11-30 at 1:33 AM, BaIthazar said:

I actually want MY Lich to show up so I can stab it.

But it won't as long as Mr Murmur collector over here has his Lich out.

Either stab your Lich or play solo

Nope your the one who needs to play solo. if you want to kill your lich, you can go solo and itl be guarenteed to be your lich that spawns. and the rest of us dont need to suffer and deal with a even more troublesome lich all for your Benefit. we are the one making a sacrifice while you dont. if you joined a lobby with me in it and my lich spawns and you started making demands for me to stab it. id simply tell you to get lost.

we have been saying this since page 1. if your intention to kill the lich your way better off going into a solo lobby. no sense joining a group and have a 1/4 chance for it to be your lich when in solo its 100% chance to be yours.