Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Other players not engaging their lichs blocking other lich spawns

Ralyks

16 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

So you want to tell people what they should do, but you don't want to be told what you should do?
Flawless mindset.

Pretty much yeah

I will actively ignore my Lich if I have no mods for it, I don't want him high level as it will only make the missions harder for others, if I do go on a non-solo mission, right? and me killing the thralls gives others the same thing I am getting, so they can get their mods too, right?.

It's a win-win. (And if I do have the mods for it and my Lich spawns I will kill him without hesitation)  

But no people get really salty, cuz they can't use their lich, boohoo, go solo if you want to kill your lich, but people like OP can't understand that I guess, cuz their too stubborn to realize its the games fault not players, and how dare it is "their issue or their fault"

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
  • Like 2

vor 10 Minuten schrieb Xpo.vos:

As for people who are on the final stretch of their lich? Get a dedicated squad. Just like Eidolon hunts. You wanna kill 5x3 Eidolons? Get a dedicated squad. You want to kill Liches? Get a dedicated squad. Stack the deck in your favour.

And leave me to not die to a backwards game mechanic.

the same could be said for those you want to ignore a kuva lich in a kuva lich mission. 

i would like to have have an actual feature that despawns liches that are ignored but until DE makes something like that we have towait and see.

vor 11 Minuten schrieb WhiteMarker:

So you want to tell people what they should do, but you don't want to be told what you should do?
Flawless mindset.

so you would rather ruin the fun and progress of others by going in a kuva lich mission and ignore your KUVA LICH. yeah that's way better.

4 minutes ago, Hiirios said:

so you would rather ruin the fun and progress of others by going in a kuva lich mission and ignore your KUVA LICH. yeah that's way better.

*kuva lich controlled missions with only real objective of mission objective itself

Also we have no problem doing pug since our progress won't get hindered in any way, so "same could be said" isn't true.

Edited by Test-995

Demanding that other people screw themselves over for your benefit is selfish and unreasonable. From level 50 to level 75 enemy EHP quadruples, from 75 to 100 it triples again. Stabbing the lich is only worthwhile for people who are able to kill level 100 mobs just as quickly as level 50 ones (i.e. by one-shotting them), a tiny minority of the player base. For everyone else, doing so slows murmur progress in the long term by making future thrall missions take much longer. That's to say nothing of the fact that keeping a lich alive allows it to convert normal enemies into thralls, effectively increasing the mission's thrall cap.

So quit being selfish and demanding that people slow down their own murmur farm to speed up yours. Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

Edited by SordidDreams
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hiirios said:

the same could be said for those you want to ignore a kuva lich in a kuva lich mission. 

i would like to have have an actual feature that despawns liches that are ignored but until DE makes something like that we have towait and see.

No. YOU want to do something very specific eg. kill YOUR lich. That's all on YOU. Which means YOU get a squad together.

5 minutes ago, Hiirios said:

I would rather not screw myself over so others can progress over my corpse. Because that is what you are asking of people. "Hi please kill yourself so I can benefit."

And as a side note: It's not a Kuva Lich mission, it's a mission where Thralls a guaranteed to spawn and a Lich might spawn. That's like calling every random mission a "Stalker Mission".

• Like 4

I never ignore my lich but I did have a mission yesterday where someone might have thought I was... They're not always easy to find they don't always have a marker on them and sometimes they can glitch your hud.  ...then them warping around in the eris tile set makes it difficult to find sometimes.

I just started to play the mission solo. I was wondering if public will give more murmurs(more enemies), but it doesn't.The progress is exactly the same in terms of time spent in the missions, because I can do them quicker and more effective solo, because there are no people all around the map, no revives, no waiting to extract for 5 min even when there are no murmurs spawning anymore. I'm sorry if it sounds harsh and inconsiderate (I'm not helping other tenno who maybe can't handle the missions), but it takes me almost twice as much time to to them public. Also I kill the lich solo, becase when I'm solo it has a better chance to spawn faster and to get it over with. 
I don't like to play solo, I enjoy the game because it's public. I enjoy helping some people or stumble upon a player's crazy build or fashion etc. but the grind for the murmurs is boring as it is and I don't want to spend more time than needed in these missions.

• Like 1

vor 24 Minuten schrieb Xpo.vos:

No. YOU want to do something very specific eg. kill YOUR lich. That's all on YOU. Which means YOU get a squad together.

I would rather not screw myself over so others can progress over my corpse. Because that is what you are asking of people. "Hi please kill yourself so I can benefit."

And as a side note: It's not a Kuva Lich mission, it's a mission where Thralls a guaranteed to spawn and a Lich might spawn. That's like calling every random mission a "Stalker Mission".

this can be turned around however much one like. either you die and the lich levels or therest of the group misses out on progress and possible kills/converts. and yes in this case i'm on my own side and side with my progress.

the system is S#&$ as it is now and we can only wait until DE "fixes" it.

54 minutes ago, ixidron92 said:

Then do not complain when other people do as they please and prevent you from finishing the mission unless you kill the lich.

Oh I won't. I will just leave the mission and search for a squad without entitled brats in it.

There is no reason to kill myself just cause someone else wants me to help to kill their lich.

• Like 2

vor 2 Minuten schrieb JackHargreav:

So you would make me kill myself just because I needed help with one or two missions.

tbh. yes.

the death not really a problem as the only thing that actually happens is that the lich levels up, which it will do anyway since you don't know the order of the 3 mods and you have to guess it. not to mention that it's not a bit problem when you runin a squad since you are most likely to breese through missions as a group.

AND it allows other people to spawn their lich which they could fight so you gain murmurs from it.

3 minutes ago, Hiirios said:

tbh. yes.

the death not really a problem as the only thing that actually happens is that the lich levels up, which it will do anyway since you don't know the order of the 3 mods and you have to guess it. not to mention that it's not a bit problem when you runin a squad since you are most likely to breese through missions as a group.

AND it allows other people to spawn their lich which they could fight so you gain murmurs from it.

What part of "quit being selfish" did you not understand? Honestly, some people...

• Like 1

vor 1 Minute schrieb SordidDreams:

What part of "quit being selfish" did you not understand? Honestly, some people...

maybe it's because that killing the lich or at least fighting him is good for the whole group. and when you talk about being selfish then at least try to see the point that some people activly hinder people from progressing with their kuva lich

2 minutes ago, ixidron92 said:

"Quit being selfish!" Said the man who's screwing over 3 other people for no particular reason.

I'll need you to produce an official certificate confirming that your lich is guaranteed to spawn after the previous one disappears before I take that seriously.

2 minutes ago, Hiirios said:

maybe it's because that killing the lich or at least fighting him is good for the whole group. and when you talk about being selfish then at least try to see the point that some people activly hinder people from progressing with their kuva lich

I already explained why it's only good for you, not for the person doing it. Do try to keep up. As for being unable to progress your own lich, that is easily solved by, you guessed it, playing solo.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

Alternatively, you could also not be selfish. Demanding everyone tolerate your lack of desire, or ability, to solo when you don't want to kill your Lich is just as selfish as anyone demanding the opposite.

Especially considering keeping your Lich at level one doesn't stop 100-160 Grineer from showing up unless you solo/host every time.

• Like 1

I made a reply in the DE:Danielle's feedback thread addressing this very issue...

The fact an active Kuva Lich prevents other group members Kuva Lich from spawning if the "owner" of the active Kuva Lich doesn't attempt to kill it (successful or otherwise) leaves room for players to grief one and another, intentionally or otherwise... This is a fault of the Lich system.

One also need to note, that because there is zero incentive to level your Kuva Lich as you don't get better rewards, all you do is make the content harder for yourself, there is no reason to kill it when a player isn't ready. If you fought a lvl 5 Lich on Lua surrounded by lvl 100 Sentents (solo due to people leaving) vs fighting a lvl 3 Lich with lvl 60~80 NPC, you'll notice a massive difference in effort level required to overcome these two situations, but regardless of the situation, the end result/reward is the same! Then why bother making the game harder for yourself?

Right now if you want to kill your Lich when you know the code and don't want to be hindered by other players, do it solo! If you do it in a group, then you are at the mercy of whoever's lich spawns first and whether that player wants to kill it or not... You can text, or shout all you want, but they could just easily ignore you (or may not even understand you)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, White_Matter said:

If they don't know the system then I don't see why they'd refrain from confronting their lich.

If they are doing so that is only because they are aware of the consequences and in that case they shouldn't have created one in the first place.

Eitherway there is no jusitification to selfishness, like I said playing solo is always an option.

Point to a an official source or something within the game that actually hints that the level increase will be far higher than level 20. Not even the starting level of the actual Lich is stated anywhere and those mobs are far beyond the level 20 mission requirement. It is kinda like people jumping into a PuG an eidolon run and expecting a prefect frame/amp/weapon setup from everyone.

I also have no reason to level up my lich even if I can take care of it effortlessly at max rank, because it is utterly and completely pointless to do so. And as the system is set up, it is more beneficial for everyone that is hunting murmurs to simply focus on thralls, since more thralls means a greater chance at relics, which means less time wasted on kuva siphons in order to get mods.

It isnt the players fault, neither of the two sides are to blame, it all falls on DE and no one else. The system is just poorly designed with too many loop holes, contradictions, odd interactions and so on. The system is fun and has great potential, but as it is now it punishes the gameplay of one of the two sides depending on what group you end up in and what approach to take. Neither of those approaches is the only correct one, both are just as viable and fully depends on playstyle and preference.

Currently with a few liches under my belt and more mods I do a mix of both. When I need to fill up on mods I ignore my lich, when I feel like trying a blind combo, I do just that. I wont get pissed if someone else doesnt kill their lich when I plan of doing some trial and error, I accept it and get some more relics (hopefully) in the process.

6 minutes ago, Yamazuki said:

Demanding everyone tolerate your lack of desire, or ability, to solo when you don't want to kill your Lich is just as selfish as anyone demanding the opposite.

No, because not killing the lich is a very minor hindrance to other people, whereas making future thrall missions ten times harder is a very significant hindrance to the player in question.

1 hour ago, zakaryx said:

Just do mobile D and pick up the datamass. Once the lich is dead plug it in. Simple.

Otherwise just go exploring.

That would get you reported on so many different levels because you are blocking the actual objective. Liches are a side dish and something no one should have to wait for. You are very likely to finish the mobdef long before all 4 liches have had a chance to spawn, so you are blocking the gameplay on the hopes of a maybe.

And I'm sure you are a double standards type of person who wouldnt give a rats ass about the other 3 liches if yours spawn first. At that point the sound of the bell would probably have a different tone since you got what you came for.

• Like 1

vor 5 Minuten schrieb SordidDreams:

I already explained why it's only good for you, not for the person doing it. Do try to keep up. As for being unable to progress your own lich, that is easily solved by, you guessed it, playing solo.

you talk as if it's guaranteed that you only run 60-80 mission when you run in public but that is not the case. looking to the fact that the lich will level up no matter what you do if you don't get the order of your 3 needed mods directly on the first try. but if you like to run easier content and not screwing other your teammates you could try to run solo instead.

Just now, Hiirios said:

you talk as if it's guaranteed that you only run 60-80 mission when you run in public but that is not the case. looking to the fact that the lich will level up no matter what you do if you don't get the order of your 3 needed mods directly on the first try. but if you like to run easier content and not screwing other your teammates you could try to run solo instead.

Sure the lich will level up eventually anyway, but there's no need to make it harder for yourself earlier than necessary. And hey, if you like to run hard content and kill the lich every time, you can try to run solo instead.

Just now, SordidDreams said:

No, because not killing the lich is a very minor hindrance to other people, whereas making future thrall missions ten times harder is a very significant hindrance to the player in question.

8 minutes ago, Yamazuki said:

Especially considering keeping your Lich at level one doesn't stop 100-160 Grineer from showing up unless you solo/host every time.

Just because you ignore it, doesn't change anything. If you didn't want to play against high level Grineer, you would just solo instead of risking joining an in progress mission with level 100+ enemies. I don't play solo, so I always just level up the Lich since more often than not I end up joining missions already at level 100 even if my Lich is 1.

• Like 1

vor 2 Minuten schrieb SordidDreams:

Sure the lich will level up eventually anyway, but there's no need to make it harder for yourself earlier than necessary. And hey, if you like to run hard content and kill the lich every time, you can try to run solo instead.

you actually only can be sure that the mission will be 60-80 if you solo since you are not always the host of the missions so the whole "easier/difficult" thing is just dumb. will you also leave the mission when you join and see that it's around level 100?