Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Holding the game/progress hostage

Redemption

Question

There needs to be a mechanic inserted that punishes players who ignore their lich in public missions. this happens 33% of the time. These players do not belong in public sessions imo they are ruining the game for others denying the rest of progress. I suggest murmur progress loss or maybe even the current items stolen to be permanently stolen. An incentive to face the lich at least. Right now it absolutely terrible in this concept. Something needs to change

How about liches simply chasing their actual targets? I mean, I leave them too and the fact that they don't follow me is disappointing.

I may or may not know that they're insecure af but come on: they have a whole squad

Edited by Asdryu
  • Like 1

I see only a few ways this might be resolved, One has been discussed above, pre-made groups that everyone knows what's going to happen. Another options is to actually give an increasingly better reward as the lichs rank up. Right now, ranking them up, only allows increase their area of influence, which means more nodes open up to spawning thralls, which is a little nice, but not really worth getting them to rank 5 over. Also, they could set up a time out mechanic where after X seconds where the target of the lich isn't engaging or heading towards their lich, they de-spawn and make some remarks as well as take an increased tax as a soft penalty for not taking them out that appearance.

I've been seeing and experiencing WAY more toxicity since the drop of Old Blood than I've ever seen in my 3+ years of playing and loving Warframe. Only had to ignore like maybe 2 people before, and since the patch, have already ignored an additional 3 people for this exact topic. Why should I let someone bully me into doing something I'm not ready for? I'm in that pub mission to spawn more thralls and to unlock murmurs... not to explicitly make attempts on my lich. I've run many missions where I'm ready to make an attempt on my lich, but they don't spawn. Do I get nasty about it, no. Do I blame someone else for the poor RNG, no. It's not their fault my lich didn't spawn before theirs. So when an few runs go by and I don't get my lich... I make a solo game to make an attempt, and even then RNG isn't always on my side to spawn him.

Personal suggestion here... if a lich spawns and it's not yours... may ASK what they are going to do? Example... I simply put in chat... kill or run? If they start engaging it or say kill, I assist. If run and we are next to it, usually will put it into a downed state to give room to run from it. I feel that's the polite course of action when in game. Do I sometimes get frustrated cause I'm ready for my lich, yes. But I will not blame another player for bad RNG.

If you're going to make a complaint about something, how about also thinking about how the root issue can be addressed as well instead of just playing the blame game and wanting to punish other players for not playing how you want them to in that moment.

• Like 1

On 2019-11-03 at 4:58 PM, ---Redemption--- said:

There needs to be a mechanic inserted that punishes players who ignore their lich in public missions.

Sooo the answer to the problem that was created when the developers decided "lets make a system that people hate so much they will stack overflow into loving it" .... is to slather it with more punishments so people will..... interact with it more...... 

That logic didn't work the first time why would it work the second or third or fourth? 

• Like 1