Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Passive Traits For Primes

emulous

I know there are forums about passive traits for the different warframes. This isn't one of those, my point is to bring that idea to the game in a way that does not make the regular suits more powerful as is.

Since you can already achieve the goal of a prime suit by applying a forma to the regular suit, I would really like to see more use for the primes. The energy fill in the void is nice and all, but beyond that the prime suit is just cosmetic. I want to see some improvement from the original suits to the prime since they are more challenging to gain. I wouldn't mind if they became more expensive that way as well.

Prime suits currently cannot be purchased (excluding Excalibur through founders). I have gone through the game, gathered all the normal suits and maxed them out. Currently I really don't see a purpose in the prime suits since there is no real bonus to them. Cosmetic changes are great and all, but if we have to work for the suits then why not let them be a bit more special than their counterparts. Giving them a passive trait is the best way I can see that happening, otherwise you start getting into serious balance problems with the suits. It may not seem like much but simply adding more damage to a suit (or any other stat) would through off the fundamentals of the unit as opposed to the other frames.

Passives can be small things like ammo conversion for Mag, ice not effecting Frost's shield, and Excalibur turning damage into energy. All passives could simply be a counterpart to a mod being preset onto the frame itself. This way the mechanics for the suit could be achieved by any frame but at the cost of a slot.

Edited by emulous

but beyond that the prime suit is just cosmetic.

In live streams they were talking about they don't want the Primes to replace the normal gear, and just be better in every way. So far the Prime frames aren't really better in any way, aside from that extra polarity which could actually hamper you depending on how you build your frame.

Also seriously break your points up, having one giant block of text is no fun to read. ):

EDIT: I should point out having Primes just be better than the normal variant would make the normals pointless, and I doubt they'd give Primes any other buffs to make them truly better than the normal ones. Even though by lore that would make sense, original Orokin tech and all that. Although since they are harder to get to it would make sense, I can see why they don't want to do that.

EDIT: But in other games you don't see people complain when they hit max level that all their gear up to that point is worthless. Why do they do that here? Now that I think about it, BUFF PRIMES! :D Also just because a frame channels an element, doesn't make them immune to that element. You don't suddenly become immune to fire because you like lighting things on fire.

Edited by MA347612890GT4078579132R

I know there are forums about passive traits for the different warframes. This isn't one of those, my point is to bring that idea to the game in a way that does not make the regular suits more powerful as is.

Since you can already achieve the goal of a prime suit by applying a forma to the regular suit, I would really like to see more use for the primes. The energy fill in the void is nice and all, but beyond that the prime suit is just cosmetic. I want to see some improvement from the original suits to the prime since they are more challenging to gain. I wouldn't mind if they became more expensive that way as well.

Prime suits currently cannot be purchased (excluding Excalibur through founders). I have gone through the game, gathered all the normal suits and maxed them out. Currently I really don't see a purpose in the prime suits since there is no real bonus to them. Cosmetic changes are great and all, but if we have to work for the suits then why not let them be a bit more special than their counterparts.

Giving them a passive trait is the best way I can see that happening, otherwise you start getting into serious balance problems with the suits. It may not seem like much but simply adding more damage to a suit (or any other stat) would through off the fundamentals of the unit as opposed to the other frames.

Passives can be small things like ammo conversion for Mag, ice not effecting Frost's shield, and Excalibur turning damage into energy. All passives could simply be a counterpart to a mod being preset onto the frame itself. This way the mechanics for the suit could be achieved by any frame but at the cost of a slot.

To remedy the pain.

EDIT: But in other games you don't see people complain when they hit max level that all their gear up to that point is worthless. Why do they do that here? Now that I think about it, BUFF PRIMES! :D Also just because a frame channels an element, doesn't make them immune to that element. You don't suddenly become immune to fire because you like lighting things on fire.

Except that Ember creates a field of fire around her with 3 of her abilities and isn't hurt at all by it. Yeah, friendly Tenno aren't hurt, but neither are they hurt when you empty your Sobek into their face.