Warframe Should Have Patron Style Subscriptions

Ok, so in the last update, they added all the requiem things to the market. You can skip the grind if you like, so this is the first time there giving you a 'pay-to-skip' option for played content that dose this without still needing to do things. You just get the mods. This is NOT the way I would like to see Warframe go, and so I am here to offer a way that will be optional, but still work and might even be better.

Warframe Should Have Patron Style Subscriptions.

Given the recent backlash with Fallout 76, this may not be the best way to go, but I think its worth thinking about. Unlike Fallout 76, Warframe is a free to play game. It has ways players can spend money on it, but for the most part, its a bit lackluster in choices on how to do so.

So, how would this work?

I was originally thinking a 5, 10 and 15, dollar Tier, but after seeing plat prices, I am not sure what the pricing would be for what I was thinking, so instead, I have just named them a bit. The question is, what would we, as players, think would be ok for each of theses tires for us to pay for them. I have a few base ideas, but am looking for others to add. Keep in mind that this would be a monthly sub.

NOTE: I will change these as feed back comes in, adding, removing or changing things. The Following is just a baseline to give you an idea of how it could go.

Tier One: Tenno

• 100 plat (per month)
  • Exclusive Glyiph To Show You Are Supporting Warframe
  • Times 2 Daily Login (apart from weapon and cosmetics you get though it)
  • 5 random relics of ANY class, even vaulted frames.(this would mean that UN-vultings could still happen though)
  • Addition 1: Access to all color pallets and non deluxe cosmetics for Warframes
  • Addition 2: Foundry Times Are Reduced By 15%

Tier Two: Prime

• 150 Plat (Per Month)
  • Exclusive Glyph To Show You Are Supporting Warframe
  • Times 2 Daily Login (apart from weapons and cosmetics you get though it)
  • 7 random relics of ANY class, even vaulted frames. (this would mean that UN-vultings could still happen though)
  • Addition 1: Access to all colour pallets and non deluxe cosmetics for Warframes, weapons and sentinel/pets
  • Addition 2: Foundry Times Are Reduced By 30%

Tier Three: Umbra

• 200 Plat (Per Month)
  • Exclusive Glyph To Show You Are Supporting Warframe
  • Times 2 Daily Login (apart from Weapons and cosmetics you get though it)
  • 10 random relics of ANY class, even vaulted frames. (this would mean that UN-vultings could still happen though)
  • Addition 1: Access to all colour pallets and cosmetics, both normal or deluxe, for Warframes, weapons and sentinel/pets
  • Addition 2: Foundry Times Are Reduced By 45%

Cosmetic only: FaishonFrame

• 200 Plat (per month)
  • Access to all colour pallets and cosmetics, both normal or deluxe, for Warframes, weapons and sentinel/pets
  • Access to almost every Glyph (Excludes Partner Glyphs)
  • Discount of 10% On All Tennogen Items (Not sure if this could actually be done, but its there)

Edited by TheJagji
Added rewards, Added Cosmetics only
6 minutes ago, TheJagji said:

this is the first time there giving you a 'pay-to-skip' option for played content.

Um...

You have an Excalibur Prime, yet you somehow think this is the first time they have done this?

Have you PLAYED this game at all in the last 6 years? Have you ever once looked at the in-game market? Have you... do you understand what it is you purchased when you bought Excalibur Prime?

• Like 13

While the idea of a patron is admirable in order to make DE more money and in turn may make the game more F2P friendly, Ive already seen people complaining about the Nitro Subscription gifts from Discord already. 

Im sure people will not handle a patron system well.

Edited by Nezha_Rose
2 minutes ago, -skimmer- said:

Pretty sure thats what Prime Access is already for.

Prime Access is a one off payment that happens every time a new Prime frame comes out. This would be cheaper than that (at least that's the idea), and be a monthly sub. I do get what your saying, and it would make a bit of a double up in a way.

1 minute ago, TARINunit9 said:

Um...

You have an Excalibur Prime, yet you somehow think this is the first time they have done this?

Have you PLAYED this game at all in the last 6 years? Have you ever once looked at the in-game market? Have you... do you understand what it is you purchased when you bought Excalibur Prime?

You could not get Exel Prime any other way, so you can't consider it a way to skip content.

Also, buying weapons or frames of the market, you still are required to level them up to 30 to get all the modding done as far as I am aware. If I am wrong, then cool. But yes, its the wrong thing to say given that your skipping boss farming and the like, I will edit that. lol

2 minutes ago, Nezha_Rose said:

While the idea of a patron is admirable in order to make DE more money and in turn may make the game more F2P friendly, Ive already seen people complaining about the Nitro Subscription gifts from Discord already. 

Im sure people will not handle a patron system well.

I think there mostly just pissed cos they need Nitro for it. If this was inbuilt in to Warframe, it might be different. I could be wrong tho. lol

Warframe has the single best and most fair monetization model in the history of gaming, there's no need to mess that up and ruin DEs reputation with stuff that is currently being torn to shreds by the gaming community after Fallout 76 spotlighted just how bad those kinds of subscriptions are. The only games that should ever have a subscription are MMORPGs.

• Like 3
Just now, TheJagji said:

Also, buying weapons or frames of the market, you still are required to level them up to 30 to get all the modding done as far as I am aware. If I am wrong, then cool.

OK there's our miscommunication. Sorry for talking down to you. They also sell XP boosters, letting you skip half the level-up grind if not all of it

2 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

OK there's our miscommunication. Sorry for talking down to you. They also sell XP boosters, letting you skip half the level-up grind if not all of it

Yeah, but you still need to play the game for it to be used, so its not as bad. 😛

Tier.

Tier.

Tier.

Anyway, no. The rewards are garbage, the pricing is horrendous, and springboarding off of Fallout First for a game mechanic is probably one of the dumbest ideas I've seen all year.

Also, try doing your research, this isn't the first pay-to-skip DE has added. We can already buy base relics from the market, and yknow, literally every frame and weapon. Yeah sure, the frames/weapons aren't maxed, but wow crazy, you can buy an affinity booster to again pay-to-skip all that farming time. Not only that, you're literally paying to skip the initial farming process, so that whole unleveled point is just trying to justify something that clearly wasn't thought out. I see that other guy said sorry for talking down to you, but this idea is so awful that it shouldn't be entertained in the slightest.

• Like 2
On 2019-11-04 at 3:38 AM, Fluffysbeans said:

Anyway, no. The rewards are garbage, the pricing is horrendous, and springboarding off of Fallout First for a game mechanic is probably one of the dumbest ideas I've seen all year.

Also, try doing your research, this isn't the first pay-to-skip DE has added. We can already buy base relics from the market, and yknow, literally every frame and weapon. Yeah sure, the frames/weapons aren't maxed, but wow crazy, you can buy an affinity booster to again pay-to-skip all that farming time. Not only that, you're literally paying to skip the initial farming process, so that whole unleveled point is just trying to justify something that clearly wasn't thought out. I see that other guy said sorry for talking down to you, but this idea is so awful that it shouldn't be entertained in the slightest.

Wow... So, heres the thing. As S#&$ as Fallout First is, in terms of pricing, its less than 10 a month. That's less than most MMOs with subs run you for, and all they do is let you play the game.

As for it being a dumb idea, that's fine you think that. But I think its an ok idea that would let DE not have to make everything in to something you can buy, as there would be a more stable and predictable stream of money for them coming in. Right now, there running off of one off payments, witch most likely go up and down based on the popularity of the given Prime they are bring out. And TBH, I am kind of surprised they have not tried something like this before.

Second, its not a game mechanic... Not sure what you think they are, but a sub fee is not one of them. So....

I clearly said skip CONTENT, not farm/grind. Getting relic packs means you still have to play to unlock them. Plus the content you do for them is also done for other things, so you are not actually skipping it. I clearly said skip CONTENT, not farm/grind. There is a difference between the two. In this case, the content being skipped is the Requiem unlock mission as you are able to buy the rewards outright. Sure, you don't need to get relics to get Prime frames is your buying the packs, but you still need them for Baro stuff, as not everything he sells you are able to trade.  

Also, if you bothered to READ my post, I said that I was thinking those prices, but then had seen the plat prices and just made them named. E.g. pricing could be anything. And, BTW, if you think the rewards are not good enough, THEN SUGGEST SOMETHING. I even said to do that in MY OP.

8 minutes ago, TheJagji said:

I clearly said skip CONTENT, not farm/grind.

Ok, then let me rephrase: 
You're literally paying to skip the initial content where you earn the frame, which often means skipping the CONTENT of an entire quest line. 

Please never go into game or business design.

Aside from the double daily tribute, which may or may not be worth anything, the reward tiers you're offering is of pretty bad value against the convenience of getting what you want, when you want. Warframe just doesn't really have that many systems that can be built to support a premium user function unless you shoehorn in a ton of exclusives that will really only penalize non-paying players. Usually, when we look at premium user function, it'll be tied to really big conveniences that do not carry over after it has expired, things like faster fast travel, bypassing queues and overflow, etc.

4 hours ago, TheJagji said:

Ok, so in the last update, they added all the requiem things to the market. You can skip the grind if you like, so this is the first time there giving you a 'pay-to-skip' option for played content that dose this without still needing to do things. You just get the mods. This is NOT the way I would like to see Warframe go, and so I am here to offer a way that will be optional, but still work and might even be better.

Given the recent backlash with Fallout 76, this may not be the best way to go, but I think its worth thinking about. Unlike Fallout 76, Warframe is a free to play game. It has ways players can spend money on it, but for the most part, its a bit lackluster in choices on how to do so.

So, how would this work?

I was originally thinking a 5, 10 and 15, dollar Tier, but after seeing plat prices, I am not sure what the pricing would be for what I was thinking, so instead, I have just named them a bit. The question is, what would we, as players, think would be ok for each of theses tires for us to pay for them. I have a few base ideas, but am looking for others to add. Keep in mind that this would be a monthly sub.

NOTE: I will change these as feed back comes in, adding, removing or changing things. The Following is just a baseline to give you an idea of how it could go.

100 plat (per month)
Exclusive Glyiph To Show You Are Supporting Warframe
Times 2 Daily Login (apart from weapon and cosmetics you get though it)
5 random relics of ANY class, even vaulted frames.(this would mean that UN-vultings could still happen though)

150 Plat (Per Month)
Times 2 Daily Login (apart from weapons and cosmetics you get though it)
7 random relics of ANY class, even vaulted frames. (this would mean that UN-vultings could still happen though)

200 Plat (Per Month)
Times 2 Daily Login (apart from Weapons and cosmetics you get though it)
10 random relics of ANY class, even vaulted frames. (this would mean that UN-vultings could still happen though)

yes change it into any other korean p2w game, fantastic logic. you should work for blizzard here lol

• Like 1

I don't buy subscriptions, and I definitely wouldn't pay for this. 

The Tier rewards really don't seem to be worth it, but I think that's an issue with Warframe in general. Very few things in game are actually worth the pain of getting them. 

Of course, if you placed something in the tier list that was an absolute game changer... You can be certain, these forums would be saltier than the Dead Sea.

Imho the Armors+color pellet+requiem mods pack sold in the market are still very much similar to the other content in WF that are pay to skippable.

yes you’ll get the mod directly from the market, but you still have to figure out the sequences. So there is that process that must be done before those mods became truly useful.

5 hours ago, Ceryk said:

Warframe has the single best and most fair monetization model in the history of gaming

I mean, there are games that mostly just monetize cosmetics, so no, not really. Path of Exile is mostly cosmetics + stash space. If Warframe only sold cosmetics and slots, that would be the equivalent. Instead they sell that stuff + weapons, warframes, relics, credits, boosters, crafting mats, foundry rushing etc. 

We just overlook the massive number of pay to win accelerate systems in this game because it's extremely non competitive and nobody really notices or cares what other people are doing for the most part. 

------

As far as the idea in this thread, I'm not sure that's the way to do a premium sub. If they were to remove most/all pay to win accelerate mechanics from the game (making things more reasonable baseline like faster foundry crafting and better drops since boosters would be gone) in favor of primarily cosmetics + slots and offer a premium sub, I would say the sub tiers would be more along the lines of

tier 1: while subbed you have complete access to all color palettes, fur patterns and other non-deluxe cosmetics 

tier 2: you get all the stuff in T1 + access to all Deluxe cosmetics (edit: and they could throw the cosmetics you currently get from prime access into the deluxe cosmetic category as well)

and maybe if they could work it out logistically, a T3 where you also get access to all tennogen content and DE gives a portion of that monthly sub to the tennogen artists, distributed by some formula based on popularity and usage 

While you're subbed you just get access to all of it. If you unsub and your sub time is over, you lose access to anything you haven't bought outright. Each sub tier could also have a plat income also so you build up the ability to buy the things you like most outright if you ever unsub + for unlocking slots

I think that kind of system that is 90% about cosmetics is actually a lot better than what Warframe currently has. It would eliminate all pay for power/acceleration etc stuff almost entirely... except then of course there's stuff like trading for Rivens and what not... and I don't think you can shove that genie back in the bottle. Because of plat trading for things like rivens and arcanes, I'm not sure you could ever turn around and go in a cosmetic only monetization direction in practice unfortunately. 

Edited by Borg1611
7 hours ago, TheJagji said:

So, how would this work?

100 plat (per month)
Times 2 Daily Login (apart from weapon and cosmetics you get though it)
5 random relics of ANY class, even vaulted frames.(this would mean that UN-vultings could still happen though)

150 Plat (Per Month)
Times 2 Daily Login (apart from weapons and cosmetics you get though it)
7 random relics of ANY class, even vaulted frames. (this would mean that UN-vultings could still happen though)

200 Plat (Per Month)
Times 2 Daily Login (apart from Weapons and cosmetics you get though it)
10 random relics of ANY class, even vaulted frames. (this would mean that UN-vultings could still happen though)

No. Just, no.

(not to mention, the patreon rewards are horrible. I could understand if they were boosters, orokin catalysts/reactors, exilus adapters, legendary cores or stuff that helps the player along plats, relics, a glyph and doubled daily login rewards, but here is a no-no.)

• Like 1