Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery rank 9

(PSN)zenflow7

At the risk of sounding like a whiner - Im going to be blunt. 

Screw this buggy pile of crap test. Im on attempt 6 now, and frankly - Im so aggrivated with the associated bugs Im about to quit thanks to it. Ive watched almost every video in existence on it, browsed the forums for hours, tried every method Ive found... 

Stage 1 & 2 are literally no issue in the slightest (save tonight, where I was seen through a pillar after executing the second enemy.) 

Stage 3 is impossible in the current state of the game. Ive been seen through pillars, around corners, from rediculously far away, and frankly Im over it. Im going to give it one last shot to see if the banshee/redeemer combo is still working - and if it doesn't, Im out. I -love- warframe, but the fact that I have been unable to progress past where I am because of bugs/24 hour wait time is honestly infuriating. Ive passed every other test on the first attempt, without even a slight issue. This test, however, is a freaking joke. 

Devs.... I strongly recommend FIXING THIS STUPID TEST if you'd ever like to expand your player base. Everything Ive read indicates this test was right around where it needed to be for difficulty before the stealth changes hit - now, its near impossible unless you utilize a bug to pass it. 

I just did mine on second try big top use the Skiajata (it makes you go invisible if you stealth attack) to stealth attack go behind them when they are not alerted and press x. It makes you go invisible for like 5 seconds and is super helpful. If you really want to cheese it use banshee with the redeemer and you basically have a gun. For me what I did for 3rd stage was jump to the right pillar hide at the corner until the left guard walked back stab him go to guard on raised platform stab him go to guard on other side stab him wait on raised platform until some are seperated stab one and use invis to get others (tip use cephalon simaris in any junction to attempt the test without actually using your attempt) To get the skiajata do the sacrifice quest which is important anyways. 

vor 8 Stunden schrieb (PS4)zenflow7:

At the risk of sounding like a whiner - Im going to be blunt. 

Screw this buggy pile of crap test. Im on attempt 6 now, and frankly - Im so aggrivated with the associated bugs Im about to quit thanks to it. Ive watched almost every video in existence on it, browsed the forums for hours, tried every method Ive found... 

Stage 1 & 2 are literally no issue in the slightest (save tonight, where I was seen through a pillar after executing the second enemy.) 

Stage 3 is impossible in the current state of the game. Ive been seen through pillars, around corners, from rediculously far away, and frankly Im over it. Im going to give it one last shot to see if the banshee/redeemer combo is still working - and if it doesn't, Im out. I -love- warframe, but the fact that I have been unable to progress past where I am because of bugs/24 hour wait time is honestly infuriating. Ive passed every other test on the first attempt, without even a slight issue. This test, however, is a freaking joke. 

Devs.... I strongly recommend FIXING THIS STUPID TEST if you'd ever like to expand your player base. Everything Ive read indicates this test was right around where it needed to be for difficulty before the stealth changes hit - now, its near impossible unless you utilize a bug to pass it. 

I don't think it's impossible...at least not on PC. Only a few days ago I made a video of me repeating it as a few people requested.

So this video was made shortly before the most recent mainline update. Perhaps it will help you?

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1132705-stealth-mastery-rank-bugged/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-11113024

Update: I did manage to finish, however - HAD to use Banshee/redeemer. 

I still stick by my original point, this test was stupidly hard due to buggy mechanics. -Major- roadblock for newer players, and completely unnessecary. 

Sure, if the AI behaved the same way every time (line of sight range/not seeing through pillars and walls) - it would be absolutely fine. But combine the ruthless amount of bugs, and the fact youve basically got to have either a certain frame or certain weapon... And the result is trash. Not even remotely enjoyable, trash. Been playing MMOs basically since the begining, ie EQ... SWG, WoW and everything since then. Never have I encountered such a game stopping buggy mission that went without being addressed. 

Sure, there were plenty of bugs in those games too - but very rarely did they halt your main line progression - and they never went more than a week or two without being patched. Guess thats the difference between a good game, and a great game. 

This test is most definitely possible on PS4 as I did it just the other day using Ivara/Skiajati (repeated test just to try it as I am MR20, and I failed first attempt). Yes it is a whole lot more difficult than it used to be due to some sort of increase in the detection range of enemies. The MR19 test IMO is even worse - it took me over a week to pass that one and I put that solely down to luck, rather than good management.

That said, this is foremost a stealth test. Yes, the enemies shouldn't be able to detect you from behind a pillar. They do however spot the fallen bodies of their comrades and that can be enough to trigger them. Yes in theory it should be able to be done using any frame/weapon combination, but part of the game is using each frame/weapon to its strength. And yes it is frustrating when you fail it over and over again (I nearly put my controller through my TV, so been there!), especially with the 24 hour delay between attempts. But no I don't believe the test is broken or buggy, just way more difficult than it should be at that level.

If someone hasn't done so already, it would probably be worth creating a megathread on this topic as there are heaps of posts regarding it and the difficulty may well need to be addressed.

• 4 weeks later...

I just passed this recently after 2 tries. Yes, it IS HARD...it is a mastery test after all. I realized I had a more “rush in and shoot everything” mindset which will cause you to fail it miserably especially in the third set. I used a chrome prime with the sword that makes you invisible for a few seconds after a stealth kill (can’t remember the name). I did practice a LOT for the test and the first try I got to the last two guys on the third section and one turned on me...that was it. Enemy sense was EXTREMELY helpful to see them and the direction they were looking. You have to watch the pattern for the third set. The first two you can bully your way through it but not the third part. I just wanted it done and at first kept failing it. You got to be patient and become a Tenno ninja lying it wait for the right moment. Since I am not aware of any time limit, slow down and watch them for the pattern.