Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Liches: Thoughts and Opinions

StarMoral

Hey Y'all!

Oh dear Lotus these darned liches have caused so much drama. But, Im gonna gove my opinion on it anyway!

Okay, starting off, I want to say that Murmurs being party shared is fantastic. The pace is still slow, but it's fun going through missions with a purpose other than "Just to play it". How people already have 7 liches defeated, onto their 8th, is beyond me, but as long as they don't intrude on my gameplay, Im cool. 

One thing tho... I was told that the game supposedly matches you with similar lich levels... This couldnt be further from the truth. My lich is on level 2 (level 50-60 enemies) right now (mainly because I panicked the first time I downed him and went for the execution with NO MODS) and I am regularly getting matched with liches reaching level 5 (Level 90-100). I get people may be testing which requiem mod order would work, but something tells me most of the level 5s are from pure brute forcing of mods.

My lich has a pretty funny personality and I'll probably Convert him since he has an Ogris, and I dont feel like killing myself with the weapon more than the Lich killed me. I also feel that the Kuba weapons are being a little overhyped with how much people talk about them. Yeah I want a Dubba Stubba too, but are you really gonna use that Magnetic-based Seer regularly? I highly doubt it. Just... Chill. Ya don't need everything they have to offer right now.

Also it's hilarious that they steal random resources you collect during missions. Yeah some are important, but nine times out of ten it's: Oh no. My 26 Salvage. Whatever will I do now?

Overall, the Liches seem to be a pretty good addition that adds a lot of dimension to the game. Good work, DE!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, StarMoral said:

One thing tho... I was told that the game supposedly matches you with similar lich levels... This couldnt be further from the truth. My lich is on level 2 (level 50-60 enemies) right now (mainly because I panicked the first time I downed him and went for the execution with NO MODS) and I am regularly getting matched with liches reaching level 5 (Level 90-100). I get people may be testing which requiem mod order would work, but something tells me most of the level 5s are from pure brute forcing of mods.

My lich has a pretty funny personality and I'll probably Convert him since he has an Ogris, and I dont feel like killing myself with the weapon more than the Lich killed me. I also feel that the Kuba weapons are being a little overhyped with how much people talk about them. Yeah I want a Dubba Stubba too, but are you really gonna use that Magnetic-based Seer regularly? I highly doubt it. Just... Chill. Ya don't need everything they have to offer right now.

It might just be a problem of player availability that you're getting matched upwards. From what I can guess, many people are unaware that you don't have to poke the lich each time he spawns and would make the same mistake you initially did, resulting in unnecessary level jumps. It should hopefully die down overtime as people plan their Lich engagements more carefully after this initial burst is over.

As for the stats, the element bonus is based on the frame you use so they are interesting in the aspect of being able to essentially pick a base elemental mod which can be used to compound into a secondary element without using 2 slots (or 1 compound + 1 base for the extra utility). With a lot of luck, a good combination of element and weapon could save your an extra slot while playing into the strength of the weapon e.g. Cold Ogris will both knockdown and slow for extra CC.

Honestly, I'm enjoying the system as well and I would likely continue fighting them even after getting the weapons I want when I can afford the time to. My only gripe is the hassle of getitng new mods once my stockpile runs out. Spending some number of hours for a chance to get back the one mod I'm missing is not a very enjoyable concept.

Edited by RX-3DR
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RX-3DR said:

I did see Rob (GayGuyPlays) do a rundown of the Ephemera the Lich's can give, and he mentioned Oberon gave the Toxin ephemera (why he doesnt give the Radiation Ephemera is beyind me)

BUT that must tie in with the weapons too because I used Oberon for this Lich, and his Ogris was Toxin based.

I'm gonna have to see what would benefit Dubba Stubba and use that frame until I get one haha

5 hours ago, StarMoral said:

I did see Rob (GayGuyPlays) do a rundown of the Ephemera the Lich's can give, and he mentioned Oberon gave the Toxin ephemera (why he doesnt give the Radiation Ephemera is beyind me)

BUT that must tie in with the weapons too because I used Oberon for this Lich, and his Ogris was Toxin based.

I'm gonna have to see what would benefit Dubba Stubba and use that frame until I get one haha

Yeah, the families are pretty strange, did you know that Atlas, punchy-punch rock-boi Atlas, is, I kid you not, in the TOXIN progenitor family, there is a Impact family which can give you a FLOATING ROCK EPHEMERA, but no Atlas is in toxin, I mean at least toxin liches use their own version of hallowed ground. I can only imagine that there are names for each family that would clear this up but I'm still super confused.

• Like 1