Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Apollodorus Survival - The Beginners Death Trap?

Othergrunty

Dunno if it's just since the patch today, but i just tried Apollodorus in Mercury with my new Trinity and Hind and that level is insanely difficult for beginners.

I was in a team with 3 mastery 1 players, all with starting Frames and guns.

We barely sounded the alert when hordes and hordes of Grineer came at us. Now that's normaly not a bad thing in survival, lots of chances for air supply capsules, but that's with well equiped players.

This was with beginners and i didn't had a fully leveled Rhino, Nova or even Ember with me so i couldn't stop hordes by myself. I had a Trinity with barely 1 ability equiped (for the info i had 20 mod points with an Aura, but spend 5 and 9 on a Shield and Sprint mod).

So you have these guys with their slow Bratons, their weak Lato, their totaly worthless Skana, suddently facing off against hordes and hordes of enemies which to reliable kill in time require ammo piercing mods in their guns.

What makes the whole thing even more difficult is that instead of the Mercury set of enemies, Appolodorus has the full set of Grineer type enemies. Which right from the start includes Scorpions, but later throws in Napalm Troopers, Bombards, Torcher and Heavy Gunners.

We got so flodded with enemies in the very first corridor that i didn't even notice that we quickly ran out of air. So i charged ahead to activate the life support capsules, in order to help these guys win the mission and i had to see on the HUD how they constantly died, tried to revive each other and died again. So after 5 minutes i charged for the exist to at least make the mission a success for them and managed just in time to reach it before the air supply ran out completely.

I'm pretty sure by the end of the mission, each of these guys had no revives left, on the SINGLE frame they have, meaning that for the rest of the day (mind you right now that's only 40 minutes but still) they can't play anymore.

The sad part about all this is that the old Appollodorus capture mission had a high percantage chance of Corpus attacking the ship. Not only did that fit into the Capture subject being a Corpus (they try to get him back) but it also introduced new players to the faction they would encounter next.

Now however new players are presented by the entirety of the Grineer empire who introduce them to getting curb stomped.

Edited by Othergrunty

I think it's a good thing that it's some kind of a trap actually.

Apollodorus is an optional mission in terms of progression towards the next planet, so new players can just go right to Venus. However, if they want to test their power right off the bat, they can try survival. This can serve as a motivation of "okay I'll come back to this later when I'm stronger, just you wait!" very early in the game, so I personally think it's great.

Edited by Casardis

Apollodorus is an optional mission in terms of progression towards the next planet, so new players can just go right to Venus. However, if they want to test their power right off the bat, they can try survival. This can serve as a motivation of "okay I'll come back to this later when I'm stronger, just you wait!" very early in the game, so I personally think it's great.

Yeah it makes sense.

Apollodorus is optinal? Damn, i thought it was the last on the path. It's been a long time since i unlocked my way through the solar map. But yeah, setting another mission between Vor and Venus doesn't make sense.

Nevermind then, i guess you are right and it's a good test for beginners if it's not mandatory.

Still the old capture mission had it's charm.

Edited by Othergrunty

Apollodorus is optinal? Damn, i thought it was the last on the path. It's been a long time since i unlocked my way through the solar map. But yeah, setting another mission between Vor and Venus doesn't make sense.

Nevermind then, i guess you are right and it's a good test for beginners if it's not mandatory.

Still the old capture mission had it's charm.

It's possible that they changed the placement ever since the time you last checked that path.

As for Capture, it's one of the first missions in Mercury now, since they removed Raid (I was afraid at first that they would put Survival where Raid was).

It's possible that they changed the placement ever since the time you last checked that path.

As for Capture, it's one of the first missions in Mercury now, since they removed Raid (I was afraid at first that they would put Survival where Raid was).

Does it also have a high percentage of having Corpus invade? Because that's what i actualy meant with charm.