Jump to content
Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

Unable to invite or join players/parties


Recommended Posts

So I have 650hrs in Warframe and I have never had any major (game-breaking) issues up until now. For the past 2 days, my matchmaking is seemingly not working at all.

When I send an invite, I immediately get a message saying: “Could not deliver invitation to ____.”

When (IF) I receive an invitation, I get a message saying: “Could not join ____ (host not found).

i want to make it clear that this is not an intermittent issue for me. This is occurring for every single attempt I’ve made to join or invite players. 

My network is 5ghz wireless at 450mbps With unlimited date. I’ve never had any issues with the internet and/or wireless network, whatsoever. I have an active Xbox Live Gold subscription as well.

Also, before you ask me, I’d like to preemptively answer the “Did you turn it off and back on again?” type questions now. So please read first.


I have tried changing the session in-game to and from public. Xbox profile is set to appear online. I restarted the game, Xbox, router and modem; respectively. I checked all of the settings on the network and they are all correct. I tried switching to my 2.4ghz network, to no avail.

The fact of the matter is that nothing has changed on my end. So what has changed with Warframe or Xbox? I have tried everything that I can think of and I have not found a solution anywhere.

All help would be greatly appreciated, Tenno.

 

 

Edited by (XB1)ZiostShadow
Font size edit
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got exact same problem now on PC. It was an issue for several years already especially for player in countries with net prohibitions. Personally I live in Russia. The only way to bypass this issue was VPNs services but now even this not working. And the root of the problem is UDP ports 4950 & 4955 (and other ones). And I think it's time for DE to make more reliable matchmaking system.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, (XB1)ZiostShadow said:

So I have 650hrs in Warframe and I have never had any major (game-breaking) issues up until now. For the past 2 days, my matchmaking is seemingly not working at all.

When I send an invite, I immediately get a message saying: “Could not deliver invitation to ____.”

When (IF) I receive an invitation, I get a message saying: “Could not join ____ (host not found).

i want to make it clear that this is not an intermittent issue for me. This is occurring for every single attempt I’ve made to join or invite players. 

My network is 5ghz wireless at 450mbps With unlimited date. I’ve never had any issues with the internet and/or wireless network, whatsoever. I have an active Xbox Live Gold subscription as well.

Also, before you ask me, I’d like to preemptively answer the “Did you turn it off and back on again?” type questions now. So please read first.


I have tried changing the session in-game to and from public. Xbox profile is set to appear online. I restarted the game, Xbox, router and modem; respectively. I checked all of the settings on the network and they are all correct. I tried switching to my 2.4ghz network, to no avail.

The fact of the matter is that nothing has changed on my end. So what has changed with Warframe or Xbox? I have tried everything that I can think of and I have not found a solution anywhere.

All help would be greatly appreciated, Tenno.

 

 

***RESOLVED***
 

I found the solution to this problem for Xbox.
 

Select ‘Warframe’ and press the start button>Manage game & add-ons>Saved data>Select ‘Reserved space’ and press the start button or press A>Clear reserved space.

You will get a warning message, but don’t worry. The problem will be resolved the next time you launch Warframe.


I hope this helps anyone out there having the same problem.

 

Cheers!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-11-04 at 5:25 PM, (XB1)ZiostShadow said:

***RESOLVED***
 

I found the solution to this problem for Xbox.
 

Select ‘Warframe’ and press the start button>Manage game & add-ons>Saved data>Select ‘Reserved space’ and press the start button or press A>Clear reserved space.

You will get a warning message, but don’t worry. The problem will be resolved the next time you launch Warframe.


I hope this helps anyone out there having the same problem.

 

Cheers!

Doesn’t seem to work for me. I’ve done it 3 different times just to be sure. And I’ve had my friend do it at the same time as well and we still can’t join eachother

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-11-07 at 7:55 PM, (XB1)UnTestedMight said:

Doesn’t seem to work for me. I’ve done it 3 different times just to be sure. And I’ve had my friend do it at the same time as well and we still can’t join eachother

Yeah.. It worked for me for a couple of days and then stopped working at all. Again. I submitted a ticket and I am awaiting a response now. I’ll update when I hear back or if anything changes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey all,

I am seeing more and more people having this same issue or a similar issue. I believe to have solved my issue. I will share the steps that I took, in the hopes that it will help you all. I am not an expert; so I will just give you the baby and not the nine months.

Note: Everything I will be suggesting is in your router settings unless otherwise specified.

>If you have IPv6, make sure it's enabled

>Set your Xbox IP address to a static IP 
>Set your IPv4 address to static
>Set you IPv4 DNS to 8.8.8.8 primary and     8.8.4.4 secondary (Google DNS)
>Open the following ports (for your Xbox) with the protocols listed: 88 UDP, 3074 UDP/TCP, 53 UDP/TCP, 80 TCP, 500 UDP, 3544 UDP and 4500 UDP

>Try setting your router firewall to a low setting or turning it off

>Reset your router/modem and Xbox

>Update your Xbox network settings with IPv4 DNS 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and use port 3074

I can't promise that any of this will fix your issues, but it worked for me. If you aren't sure how to do all of this, I would suggest asking someone who is familiar with networking. You can also ask here and I will try to help; but again, I'm no expert.

 


 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, (XB1)ZiostShadow said:

Hey all,


Wanted to say thanks for following up and keeping people updated with the fixes you've found along the way.
Wishing you the best of luck, hope it gets attention from DE if there's something they can do on their end to sort this.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Squad join and matchmaking still not working for me yet either. Tried just about everything from resetting Xbox to clearing cache, even uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Still no luck. Most of my friends are actually able to play just like normal though which is weird as I’ve been able to play with them all the time until the update.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 year later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...