Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember Changes

kubbi

Every since they changed overheat Ember has fallen in the same useleless caterogy as Volt does...(needs work too btw)

I understand though she was meant to be an offensive frame and not a tank. But overheat was the only thing keeping her alive. She only has 10 armour for Pete's sake. So here's a couple of suggestions.

-Raise armour to 150 like Frost and Rhino and here's why. None of Embers abilties cover her from harm. Her abilities mostly damage enemies enough when she is close and that usually is a death sentence. Nova and Nyx also have 10 armour but their abilities actually make up for it. Nova's molecular prime nukes everyone in the room before they can hit her. Nyx's chaos keeps the enemies off of her. Ember only had overheat's damage reduction to save her but now she's got nothing.

-Increase the range of her abilities. Its nice that overheat does more damage now but she still needs to get close to her enemies with her minuscule armour. World on fire has a greater range but  its not enough to kill everyone fast enough to get the mobs off her back.

-Give her some new abilities. I have no idea's for it but you gotta admit all of her abilites are so similar, there's barely any diversion.

Opinions?

Range perhaps but only by 10%-15% or so, and hell no to 150 armour, that is stupid.

Why is it stupid? She has nothing to protect herself with. At least it would allow her to get close without dying the next few seconds later with the use of her abilities.

I am sorry but I don't agree with this at all.  Her overheat gives her with mods nearly or over 50% dmg reduction.  That is insane considering no one other than Rhino has a skill that reduces all incoming dmg.  While I agree her skills should be reworked her Overheat is fine where it is.  And giving her 150 armor is just ridiculous.  Saryn has it because she was designed to be a hack and slash and shooter not just a nukem and run.  If you dont' like the changes to Ember maybe you are running the wrong mods or maybe you need to change frames and play a different one.  Just my opinion!

I am sorry but I don't agree with this at all.  Her overheat gives her with mods nearly or over 50% dmg reduction.  That is insane considering no one other than Rhino has a skill that reduces all incoming dmg.  While I agree her skills should be reworked her Overheat is fine where it is.  And giving her 150 armor is just ridiculous.  Saryn has it because she was designed to be a hack and slash and shooter not just a nukem and run.  If you dont' like the changes to Ember maybe you are running the wrong mods or maybe you need to change frames and play a different one.  Just my opinion!

Saryn has 100 armour.

At some point when enemies deal 200+ damage per bullet, 50% isn't nearly as useful as the original 91% (though that was rather broken).

The thing people are complaining about is that the niche that Ember had (using Overheat so she could go up in the enemy's face and destroy them) has been significantly weakened.

This was the way most people played Ember. And since it has been drastically altered, people are complaining.

Yes thank you for the correction on Saryn Magemeat.  And I agree that most people are rather upset that they now have to play a frame differently than they got used too.  However, considering that there are NUMEROUS threads started about fixing Ember DE has clearly stated multiple times even in the last live stream that they are not going to change it.  She was never designed to be a mage tank which is what she was.  I do agree however that her dmg falls off drastically in late game play but hopefully that will be better once dmg and armor 2.0 come out.  The ppl that like to play her are just gonna have to wait it out.  There are lots of other frames with great gameplay to try out.  I can understand having a underpowered frame being your favorite and feeling like you got the shaft but honestly if your frame isn't that strong bring better weapons it makes up for it. Either that or stop crying and complaining in Forums until new stuff hits and your frame is broken beyond belief.  Hate me Love me I don't care.  :)

Why is it stupid? She has nothing to protect herself with. At least it would allow her to get close without dying the next few seconds later with the use of her abilities.

Because Ember definitely looks like a tank like Rhino and Frost do doesn't she?

More armour is not the answer for ember. Maybe slightly higher shield capacity.

Edited by Jussler

Yes thank you for the correction on Saryn Magemeat.  And I agree that most people are rather upset that they now have to play a frame differently than they got used too.  However, considering that there are NUMEROUS threads started about fixing Ember DE has clearly stated multiple times even in the last live stream that they are not going to change it.  She was never designed to be a mage tank which is what she was.  I do agree however that her dmg falls off drastically in late game play but hopefully that will be better once dmg and armor 2.0 come out.  The ppl that like to play her are just gonna have to wait it out.  There are lots of other frames with great gameplay to try out.  I can understand having a underpowered frame being your favorite and feeling like you got the shaft but honestly if your frame isn't that strong bring better weapons it makes up for it. Either that or stop crying and complaining in Forums until new stuff hits and your frame is broken beyond belief.  Hate me Love me I don't care.  :)

Where and how did it sound like I'm crying/complaining? I'm just trying to put out some suggestions so that Ember is more balanced and playable.

Yes there are lots of "better warframes". Which is the problem. They supposed to be balanced hence this thread putting out some suggestions.

Because Ember definitely looks like a tank like Rhino and Frost do doesn't she?

More armour is not the answer for ember. Maybe slightly higher shield capacity.

What does "looking tanky" have to do with it? I don't want her armour raised because she looks tanky. I was throwing the suggestion out because she's squishy and not because of the tanky look. Okay maybe armoud raise is a bad idea but yeah. Higher shields would help too.

actually, ember's durability is roughly the same as saryn's. (ember has better shields, saryn has better health)

she's a bit over-dependant on overheat for it (and thus, in turn, overdependant on heavy modding), but she's still tougher than a majority of the warframes. shifting some of her durability from overheat to her bases could be good for her, but them you'd have the forumites crying about overheat getting nerfed again >.>

on better range: overheat could definitely use it, more range actually hurts fireblast (because it makes it harder to land the ring on stuff). the other two have alright ranges as they are - they're just not useful powers.

on new abilities: turn fireaball into a ranged aoe nuke+knockdown and WoF into a massive speed boost that leaves a trail of fire behind her (get rid of that awkward cast animation too). that'd give each a niche that might make them worth slotting.

snipped for being a long text

Sad but true. If you go take a look at Ember's feedback thread you can see 2 pages of players happy for the change and other 38 of players who hate this change.

I liked Ember how she was but oh well... another bad choice from DE...

Right now I just look around the forums to see feedback and patch notes threads.

Where did I say that? I don't remember writing that anywhere. Don't change my lines pls

-Raise armour to 150

-Increase the range of her abilities.

Every since they changed overheat Ember has fallen in the same useleless caterogy as Volt does...

Oh really?

He is right, she needs a buff but that much armor is insane.

Edited by RahuStalker