Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Lich mission difficulty

ZzVinniezZ

ok why it has to be 90-110 level along with enemies able to pin point accuracy and instant kill you? back then even kuva flood which is 80-90 is already hard enough to survived. After the introduction of Kuva Lich i realized how easily i'm to be killed by normal enemies because they are at level 90+. not to mention NOX glass cant be break despite my Tiberon prime with riven that deal massive damage back then. Having a squad is nice because we can kill enemies easily but 90% of the time i have to play solo because no one is on the same location and mission as i'm so at least can i get forgiving difficulty for playing Solo?

also anyone got a bug where you got instant kill by Thrall despite them not even attack you or anyone else?

• Like 8

I don't think there's a difficulty problem at all.

The matchmaking however, is what needs to be fixed.

It's a design problem in that you rely on random people having red mist on the exact same node as you.

That means you effectively can't do lich missions in a premade squad and it means public matchmaking is inconsistent by nature.

Lvl 1 liches need more nodes and lvl 5 liches need less, and there needs to be less than 100% of the starchart eligible to be lich nodes so that it becomes likely, or even better certain, that you can play in a premade squad.

• Like 4

Just don't kill the lich and the level of the missions won't rise (although the rank of the will rise when you finish all nodes of the 1st planet).

And when you know all 3 requiem mods you need, then you start testing combinaison cause you won't ned to bother with thralls and the other members will rush together on the thralls.

Also when a lich appear, it will also boost thralls spawn rate.

Basically: DON'T KILL THE LICHES.

ps: still can't do nothing about that limbo LEECH in defense missions though.

Lvl 100 may be difficult for the unprepared. 

If you cant handle it you are probably not ready for it. 

The thrall do seem to have some sort of additional damage resistance on top of status and cc immunity, making Crit weapons the most (the only?) viable solution. 

It is relatively harder to kill thrall due to this but it's manageable. 

• Like 1

The lich missions are designed to be hard and challenging. These missions are some of the most fun iv had doing regular star chart missions because I cant just turn my brain off and let the mission finish itself.

Like for the first time ever its actually possible to lose a mobile defense mission if you don't deal with enemies. Do you know how hard it is to lose a mobile defense mission? you have to put the key in and then run away from the terminal into another room, and even then there's only like 10 seconds left on the timer when they do manage to destroy it.

If anything these missions are a good litmus test for what players have been asking for since the begging of warframe, which is a difficulty option for missions. after farming these liches, and getting a taste for picking any kind of mission I want to do and have it start at level 100, I want to do the entire star chart over again starting from earth. But instead of level 1 enemies they're level 100, then Pluto and Sedna start at 130.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Jujuwa said:

Just don't kill the lich and the level of the missions won't rise (although the rank of the will rise when you finish all nodes of the 1st planet).

And when you know all 3 requiem mods you need, then you start testing combinaison cause you won't ned to bother with thralls and the other members will rush together on the thralls.

Also when a lich appear, it will also boost thralls spawn rate.

Basically: DON'T KILL THE LICHES.

ps: still can't do nothing about that limbo LEECH in defense missions though.

Disagree

Chances to have a correctly placed mod, without knowing the correct murmur are low, but they still exist

One lucky clanmate of mines had the correct combination without knowing a single murmur (yes that happened, even though there is a 0.29% probability, 1 out of 336 combos)

Also, because there's your lich wandering the map, other people's liches won't come out.

Rebecca wrote on her twitter account that for future fixes: discovering requiem mods through trying them on the lich, will add them to the known murmur, so basically you have a reason to at least try unknown mods on him/her

• Like 2

I've had no issue with difficulty when fighting Liches, and I haven't even really had to pay much attention either.  For context, I ramp mine up to lvl 5 asap because it's the most enjoyment I've had when playing normal missions in about 6 years.  I'm not even using weapons with rivens on them...  If DE added the ability for Liches to go beyond lvl 5 then I'd cheer them on.  I would love to have lvl 150+ enemies on regular missions.  At the end of the day I think people have just gotten complacent and having an objective that requires them fight higher level enemies over and over is the kick in the teeth this playerbase needs.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Steru said:

Rebecca wrote on her twitter account that for future fixes: discovering requiem mods through trying them on the lich, will add them to the known murmur, so basically you have a reason to at least try unknown mods on him/her

Thank god. I gave up on pub lich runs because so many people just ignored their lich while the rest of the squad spent 3 min keeping its health down, asking in squad chat

"whos lich is this you need to kill it"

"its not my lich"

"hey (player name) is this your lich?"

"yeah"

"you gonna try and kill it!?"

"no"

so infuriating. 

2 hours ago, ZzVinniezZ said:

well...level 90 Nox Thrall beg you differ, i cant break his glass to damage him and he instantly kill me 4 times making me fail the mission.

Considering that you can 1 shot Nox's up to level 300 or so with the right tools, I can't see it being a problem. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Steru said:

Disagree

Chances to have a correctly placed mod, without knowing the correct murmur are low, but they still exist

One lucky clanmate of mines had the correct combination without knowing a single murmur (yes that happened, even though there is a 0.29% probability, 1 out of 336 combos)

Also, because there's your lich wandering the map, other people's liches won't come out.

Nah there is none, because if you try, rage meter will goes down, and low meter = no lich spawn = super less thralls.

It's much faster to farm the murmur by keep liches alive, than killing them repeatedly and hope you get lucky.

• Like 2

Guys, i know mission is supposed to be difficult and challenging but being a Host enemies react much quicker than not being a host so the the chance of getting 1 hit by Aim bot Army is not fun either. there is no fun if you getting kill within 1 second notice, and i used Rhino for god sake i expected Iron skin to help me survived at least few seconds.

8 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Considering that you can 1 shot Nox's up to level 300 or so with the right tools, I can't see it being a problem. 

i tested Nox with level 120 in test room, easy to kill with my tiberon prime as i deal high damage to his glass but somehow [Lich name]'s Nox Thrall (level 90) able to absord all my whole magazine and his glass still not break yet as i deal only 90 damage to it while in test room i deal over 500 hundred damage.

Edited by ZzVinniezZ

Dude, I'm saying this with all the love in the world, but I'm constantly playing Lich missions solo on Rhino and there's just no way they oneshot you through Iron Skin unless you're doing something very, very wrong. Rhino is one of the toughest frames in the game, he also dishes out like crazy when you keep your roar up. 

I'll agree, though, that thralls can get incredibly annoying when they're immune to every status effect, ever.

1 hour ago, ZzVinniezZ said:

Guys, i know mission is supposed to be difficult and challenging but being a Host enemies react much quicker than not being a host so the the chance of getting 1 hit by Aim bot Army is not fun either. there is no fun if you getting kill within 1 second notice, and i used Rhino for god sake i expected Iron skin to help me survived at least few seconds.

i tested Nox with level 120 in test room, easy to kill with my tiberon prime as i deal high damage to his glass but somehow [Lich name]'s Nox Thrall (level 90) able to absord all my whole magazine and his glass still not break yet as i deal only 90 damage to it while in test room i deal over 500 hundred damage.

I mean you're only using a tiberon prime though. Try hitting it with a Rubico for example and see the difference. Breakpoints are always going to vary from weapon to weapon, it's just the conscious choice we make for using our  favourite loadout. It could be to do with their armour values differing.

Also Rhino isn't that great at absorbing damage, he's good as a newbie frame to avoid damage on early levels but in sortie level 3 and beyond he's far more effective as a CC and support frame, not a tank.

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

I mean you're only using a tiberon prime though. Try hitting it with a Rubico for example and see the difference. Breakpoints are always going to vary from weapon to weapon, it's just the conscious choice we make for using our  favourite loadout. It could be to do with their armour values differing.

Also Rhino isn't that great at absorbing damage, he's good as a newbie frame to avoid damage on early levels but in sortie level 3 and beyond he's far more effective as a CC and support frame, not a tank.

well i have to switch to Loki / ash for their invisibilities to avoid taking aim bot damage. 

still the enemies able to resist damage along with high armor value is abit too much. i can understand Eximus having those Elemental resist but giving to everyone is really a kill joy.

Just now, ZzVinniezZ said:

well i have to switch to Loki / ash for their invisibilities to avoid taking aim bot damage. 

still the enemies able to resist damage along with high armor value is abit too much. i can understand Eximus having those Elemental resist but giving to everyone is really a kill joy.

There are frames that can withstand their aimbot damage it just comes down to playstyle preference. I usually play Nova, Loki and Mesa so avoiding damage is just part of the game for me. But if you want to tank them then I suggest trying Chroma, Gara, Frost, Wukong etc as they all have great damage mitigation.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, ZzVinniezZ said:

well...level 90 Nox Thrall beg you differ, i cant break his glass to damage him and he instantly kill me 4 times making me fail the mission.

maybe you need to git gud? I was oneshotting them at lvl 110 with chakkhur while leveling it. granted it's a sniper, but they're killable.

It's IMPOSSIBLE to kill the lich solo if it reaches lvl 5.

WHY EVEN BUFF THE LICH 

9666687643689643 HP PER 1 BAR!!! 

And around 75 Gajillion Armor. You either have to play Inaros to not die but since they screwed melee up you can't be invincible anymore

Or you have to play Mesa without an, survivability. 

Game Uninstalled today. No fun at all. My planets are all red... 

• Like 1

il y a 52 minutes, MystikNeko a dit :

WHY EVEN BUFF THE LICH 

And around 75 Gajillion Armor. You either have to play Inaros to not die but since they screwed melee up you can't be invincible anymore

It's meant to be challenging, you are not prepared.

If you need help you still can go in PUB.

Edited by Alpha56

vor 3 Stunden schrieb MystikNeko:

WHY EVEN BUFF THE LICH 

I am not sure if that was sarcasm but I did it for both my lvl5 liches with my Atlas P. It took 1-2 ammo restores but going for elemental weakness was not that bad. 

In both cases did the lich focus on the rumblers. 

• Like 2

My current lich has a radiation Kuva Tonkor, he's only level 2 and he's one shotting my Nehza with a Warding Halo over 5k. He's managed to annoy me enough that I'm going to take great pleasure in finally wasting him. And I want that Tonkor.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Spawnbold said:

I can't kill that Lich, it oneshots even a 2/3 Umbral modded Inaros

you can try

Nyx with assimilate augment, he can't instakill you if you are in the bubble
Wukong you got 3 extra lives so the 1rst 1 is used when he instakill you when spawning
Atlas rumblers the Lich wrestle them so you can focus on him,
Use Zenurik Temporal Blast skill to slow him down and be safe avoiding the now predictable movements