Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heavy blade base dmg are lower than they should be

Dragazer

Looking at the stats changes, it seems that heavy blades got the short end of the stick.

Gram Prime

Damage increased from 180 to 300. 1.66x increase

Galatine Prime

Damage increased from 165 to 280. 1.69x increase 

Paracesis 

Damage increased from 144 to 222. 1.54x increase

These dmg buffs were supposed to compensate for the loss of combo multiplier affecting normal attacks. Considering before, how easy it was to build up to a 3x or even 4x dmg multiplier, this is a massive nerf. 

To make matters even worse, it seems that the Cleaving Whirlwind stance has taken quite the nerf as well. The broken bull combo (the spinning one) has lost its 400% bonus dmg on each hit while still making your frame stagger itself.

In comparison, Orthos Prime, went from 64 to 234 dmg, a 3.6x dmg increase. Its new buffs to crit, status and also having a much faster stance and attack speed completely blows the Gram Prime out of the water.

MR12 Orthos P. vs MR14 Gram P. btw

As it stands right now, a lot of the other weapon classes completely dominate over heavy blades due to getting proper dmg compensation for the loss of combo counter.

Edited by Dragazer
  • Like 1

you forgot to mention that Galatine and Paracesis got buffed too in terms of status chance and galatine got some more crit too. So there's that.

Heavy Blades especially Gram Prime are still heckin' bonkers. It was only logical to remove the hilarious bonus damage on broken bull anyways imo

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Airikr said:

you forgot to mention that Galatine and Paracesis got buffed too in terms of status chance and galatine got some more crit too. So there's that.

Heavy Blades especially Gram Prime are still heckin' bonkers. It was only logical to remove the hilarious bonus damage on broken bull anyways imo

Those buffs pale in comparison to losing half your base dmg. 

Lol no, I literally just showed you the math. If you struggle to understand the basic issue, go test the reaper or orthos p and then compare it to gram p. Those weapons got proper compensation for their loss of combo counter. Those are MR10 and 12 weapons vs a MR14 weapon.

Edited by Dragazer
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dragazer said:

[...]

Wow, someone who can read and understand numbers. Such people are in short supply on these forums.

Still, there is something you don't understand: This is obviously intentional. You don't increase numbers for most weapons by 300% yet for some by 60% by accident.

The funny part is, if you add everything up (Blood Rush, Condition Overload, Broken Bull, Heavy Blades) your weapon might do less than 1% of the damage it did before.

Here. I'll throw some wood on the fire for ya.

Gram Prime @3.5x Combo 2 Active status effects
144,774 damage per hit 202,684 DPS

New Gram Prime @12x Combo 2 Active status effects
65,050 damage per hit 91,070 DPS

(202,684 - 91,070) / 202,684 = 55.07% decrease

Pretty Avg comparison. Not x4 combo or 5+ status effects. Very basic since the high end isn't even worth doing math.

Gram does half the damage it did even without all the bells n whistles.

My Riven which had +256% Damage, that stat alone made Gram do double it's original damage. Let alone Crit stats. I'd guess between Rivens, Stance modifiers, forced procs and the mod changes Melee does around 20% of it's original damage and obviously stances with heavy modifiers got an even shorter stick than the rest.

It's obvious they wanted to obliterate melee DPS while at the same time attack popular weapons and shuffle the Riven market for dat $$$.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

Wow, someone who can read and understand numbers. Such people are in short supply on these forums.

Still, there is something you don't understand: This is obviously intentional. You don't increase numbers for most weapons by 300% yet for some by 60% by accident.

The funny part is, if you add everything up (Blood Rush, Condition Overload, Broken Bull, Heavy Blades) your weapon might do less than 1% of the damage it did before.

I'd like to believe they just didn't calculate the numbers properly in their rush to get the update out b4 the end of October. Doesn't feel intentional that a MR14 weapon is getting outclassed hard by MR10 and 12 weapons.

20 hours ago, Xzorn said:

My Riven which had +256% Damage

I have a lot of rivens with + melee damage too. Shame they have been made useless by CO. Fewer with +crit, but also made useless by new BR. Luckily they have us farming kuva so i will have to revisit most/all of my melee rivens. Kind of a pain in the ass if im being honest. Although they may still come back and rebalance so I'll just sit on the kuva for now.

On 2019-11-04 at 3:11 PM, Dragazer said:

As it stands right now, a lot of the other weapon classes completely dominate over heavy blades due to getting proper dmg compensation for the loss of combo counter.

Not 100% true, the far bigger issue of heavy blades is that it got the biggest stance nerfs. Cleaving in terms of no longer having high modifiers, especially on a more mobile attack chain and much more importantly Tempo Royale having its smoothness and player control gutted, butchered, shot behind the shed and restiched wih everything in the wrong places to the point that Rending Crane does both the jobs they did better now.

Rest of the DPS differences can actually be mostly attributed to BR and CO calculation place nerfs (no longer mutiplying total crit/working as true steel and working as base damage mod instead of total damage mod respectively). And its not like there wasnt going to be a damage gap squish with a total weapon rebalance pass. Same thing happened with guns.

Tho along HB stances being gutted someone also gutted the only feature of whips.