Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orthos Prime Vs Galatine?

MrSuperAwesome

Question

11 answers to this question

If you're interested in the straight numbers, I did some calculations https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/113838-to-people-saying-the-galatine-is-op/?p=1321699/'>over here (GottFaust has the unmodded numbers here). The AOE range is still up for debate though.

My personal opinion: I'm more attracted to the greatsword, regardless of bigger numbers. Plus I'm a little burnt out on Void at the moment (I just need one more Orthos Prime blade, but eeeeeeeuuuugh. Maybe later.).

If you're interested in the straight numbers, I did some calculations over here (GottFaust has the unmodded numbers here). The AOE range is still up for debate though.

My personal opinion: I'm more attracted to the greatsword, regardless of bigger numbers. Plus I'm a little burnt out on Void at the moment (I just need one more Orthos Prime blade, but eeeeeeeuuuugh. Maybe later.).

I never liked Orthos to begin with so Galatine is my obvious choice.

Galatine beats Orthos Prime in both Damage Per Charge (at least 200% of every other melee in the game) and Charge DPS (~13% better than Orthos Prime). If you're looking for a charge-built weapon, then Galatine is the best in the game, hands down. The only things that Orthos Prime beat Galatine at are:

-Normal Attack DPS (although both are useless once your enemies reach about level 20. Plus, Galatine is faster and has a high vertical reach on its second swing, making it better for applying Freeze and other elementals to enemies and swatting low-flying Ospreys down)

-Range (although Galatine's range is still nothing to sniff at. Plus, you can run around while charging Galatine, allowing for easy positioning to hit the maximum number of targets, especially with a Reach mod.)

Edited by SortaRandom

Of course if you can one shot something with the Orthos Prime the Galatine is so much worse.

So lessers up to ~80 (iirc, been a while since I used heavy melee) are gonna be cleared far faster with the Orthos Prime than the Galatine, only gonna make a difference against heavies.

Most important thing about Orthos Prime over any other melee weapons.

It's range with a max reach you can kite Ancients with it. 

And that includes Toxic ancients.

Galatine doesn't seem so, in fact the hit box is smaller than the weapon look itself.

Galatine however replaces the Gram nearly completely since the DPS gulf is too big.

Edited by fatpig84