Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Guessing the Requiem mods in correct order

ZzVinniezZ

look DE, we know you wanted us to play more of your content but the amount of time for us to get all 3 requiem mods revealed from getting MURMUR is already long and you forced us to play the guessing game that require to guess 9 times? (worst case). why not just give us the correct order in the first place for all the trouble we've been through? i don't like this system at all now and i don't like to play Warframe anymore if this system is still a thing.

p/s: i'm not a fan of RNG layers on another layers, it even more kill joy than it should

Edited by ZzVinniezZ
  • Like 6

30 minutes ago, ResidentOrb21 said:

It's alot more then 9 ways to mod. Theres like what 8 parazon mods? you need 3 to complete a full one. They gotta be in the same order. 

well i nailed down and revealed all 3...but it a mess so i have to get 9 cases of guessing for it.

1 hour ago, ZzVinniezZ said:

look DE, we know you wanted us to play more of your content but the amount of time for us to get all 3 requiem mods revealed from getting MURMUR is already long and you forced us to play the guessing game that require to guess 9 times? (worst case). why not just give us the correct order in the first place for all the trouble we've been through? i don't like this system at all now and i don't like to play Warframe anymore if this system is still a thing.

Its not 9, its 4 at most, with the 4th one being 100%

If you have 3 mods revealed that means any of them could be the first, so at worst its 3 attempts there

In the third attempt you had a 50/50 shot at the right order, Since you got the first right, the correct order falls between 2 mods with just 2 possibilities between them.

If that fails, you just swap out the 2 mods and you'll succeed in the 4th attempt.

5 minutes ago, Vaeldious said:

and 5 attempts max if you know all 3 (3+2+0). 

You sure its not 4?

Worst case scenario on the third attempt you bypass the first mod and it tells you if you had the second one wrong

If its wrong all you do is swap mod 2 with 3 and the 4th attempt is guaranteed to be a win

Edited by Madway7
  • Like 1

Just now, Madway7 said:

You sure its not 4?

Assuming players are adding one mod at a time to their Paragon, since theres still a bunch of players that don't have all the Murmurs yet (ie, going into a mission with only 1 equipped), hence *WORST* case scenario. 

12 minutes ago, Vaeldious said:

Its actually 21 attempts max if you don't know any of the Murmurs (8+7+6), and 6 attempts max if you know all 3 (3+2+1). 

Well it's 4 if you know all 3, third attempt and second attempt of first/second is guaranteed to be success.

Edit; oof

Edited by Test-995
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Vaeldious said:

Its actually 21 attempts max if you don't know any of the Murmurs (8+7+6), and 6 attempts max if you know all 3 (3+2+1). 

Technically 7+6+5 for 18 and a final kill attempt and 2+1+0 for 3 + 1 respectively. On the first slot, if you have tried 7 other words, it would immediately narrow it down to the 8th word being correct, meaning you are now looking for the 2nd word.

It's not 21 but 19 isn't great either.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, ZzVinniezZ said:

but in the end guessing when we already known all 3 is still annoying and flaw on DE case. we worked hard on getting information and we still have to guess it?

How else are you going to add more grind? 

A proper interactive mechanism that isn't RNG based such as riddle statements found in kuva spy missions or rescue missions hinting on the description of the mods and their order? (eg: x will always succeed y but will never be next to z,  kinda riddle puzzles) 

Please that would be "too much work not worth the effort" in DE lingo. 

RNG is a lot easier. 

/s

3 hours ago, Madway7 said:

You sure its not 4?

If you know the correct mods, the worst case is it takes 5 attempts counting the successful one. 3 to determine what the first one is, and 2 more to determine the order of the two remainders.

2 hours ago, Corvid said:

If you know the correct mods, the worst case is it takes 5 attempts counting the successful one. 3 to determine what the first one is, and 2 more to determine the order of the two remainders.

It is 4 attempts. Example:

1. vome/ris/netra - wrong first slot

2. netra/ris/vome - wrong first slot, since both vome and netra were used, that means ris is first

3. ris/netra/vome - wrong 2nd slot, so that means vome has to be 2nd and netra has to be 3rd

4. ris/vome/netra - all correct

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Corvid said:

No, the worst case is 4. (2 + 2 + 0)

Think about it, once you have failed twice on the first slot, you KNOW what the first slot is. This means on your third test the first slot will always pass so it is actually the first test for the second slot. If that fails, it tells you the answer to the second slot (since there were only 2 choices), which makes the only mod remaining the correct third slot. So the 4th attempt should always be correct. The only way it would take more than 4 tries is if you don't pay attention or forget to move the mods on a failure.

7 minutes ago, SailingSilky said:

It is 4 attempts. Example:

1. vome/ris/netra - wrong first slot

2. netra/ris/vome - wrong first slot, since both vome and netra were used, that means ris is first

3. ris/netra/vome - wrong 2nd slot, so that means vome has to be 2nd and netra has to be 3rd

4. ris/vome/netra - all correct

We were apparently typing at the same time, but I like your example better than my explanation.

6 hours ago, Vaeldious said:

You only have to do 7 of the eight to know which is correct, 6 of the 7, and 5 of the 6, or 7,6,5= 18 if you always guess wrong. You add one last run with correct final mod for 19 max attempts. 

If you know the three mods because of murmurs it's 2 runs to know first slot 1 run to know second 3rd run is done. max 4 attempts on lich

7 hours ago, Vaeldious said:

Assuming players are adding one mod at a time to their Paragon, since theres still a bunch of players that don't have all the Murmurs yet (ie, going into a mission with only 1 equipped), hence *WORST* case scenario. 

But if you know all the mods needed beforehand, why would you not get all of them?

4 hours ago, Corvid said:

So in this scenario I'm assuming the players knows all 3 of the mods they need, just not the right order.

If this is the case the player should slot in all the 3 mods, since some combination of the 3 has to be the correct answer.

If you fail the first 2 attempts and go for the third, the second one has to be revealed, IF correct, you've won by a 50/50 chance

If not, then you just swap out the second and third mod for a guaranteed win.

As I replied to the other person, I don't see a point in using all the murmur clues if you don't have all the mods beforehand since you know you'll need them all to beat the lich.

the math of 3 + 2 + 0 assumes you didn't slot in the second mod on the third attempt, since the second answer has to be revealed by then.

8 hours ago, Vaeldious said:

This is wrong. If you know all 3, but not the order, it takes 2 attempts to find the first slot, and then 1 attempt for the second slot, and then the last one is a given. 

7 hours ago, ZzVinniezZ said:

well i nailed down and revealed all 3...but it a mess so i have to get 9 cases of guessing for it.

9? How is that possible if you have all 3 revealed?

4 is the max possible

Its either;

A B C, of which B and C are irrelevant 

B C A, again C and A are irrelevant

C A B again A and B are irrelevant, 

Once slot 1 is correct. If B was wrong then swap slot 2 and slot 3 and you have the answer. If you have all 3 revealed, logically 4 is your worst case. 

If you dont have All 3 revealed. Then it varies.

If you have 2 revealed. Then its 7 options 

If you have 1 revealed. Then its a lot worse

11 hours ago, ZzVinniezZ said:

p/s: i'm not a fan of RNG layers on another layers, it even more kill joy than it should

Don't forget requiems are consumable and usually rare drops from their exclusive relics which are only guaranteed to drop from floods which means a waste of void traces, looks like DE really wants to try monetizing their "one time" relic bundle among other things.

I dislike the fact that if you guess wrong, you die. Deaths mean so little in Warframe but it still gets on my nerves. There are many ways this could have been handled, such as the lich killing you if you use the wrong words, but running away, without killing you, if you use the right words in the wrong order, or do something like take all the players energy etc.

If they wanted to add a grindy mechanic to make players play more, add a Kuva room/lab to the clan dojo, let clan members help out, do a research into it. If DE still wanted RNG to play a part make it reveal a random clan member's word pattern, as long as they donated to the research.

I love this update but it feels like they missed the mark on a few important things.

• Like 1

When you guess order wrong, does it co some a charge?  

For brute force (max 21 combos if really unlucky guesser) on 8 mods in random order / selection, will it consume a charge when I guess wrong?  

If I get order right on one but not other two, does it continue to eat a charge each time I guess with mod in right order?