Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Drop Tables 2.0, The Killing Blow For Most Newbies.

Hayden11121

Well, you want some mods right?

TOO BAD!

Stalker and Vor are the only 2 enemies aside from defense rewards that drop Focus. Stalker no longer drops loot though.

Flechette? Only from Ancient Disruptors and Shield Lancers.

Redirection? Not until you get to kill an elite shield lancer or disruptor. Good luck poor Loki.

Did you want a Serration mod? Not until you get to level 30 areas or a survival where Scorpions appear.

Oh! Looking for Hornet Strike? Toxic Ancients.

Convulsion? Better loot those oh so "common" Fusion Drones from Fusion MOA's backs.

Pressure Point? Mine ospreys.

Those super rare sniper crewman you barely see? Well, for Incendiary Coat to drop, it's gotta be them. 

Point Strike or Gunslinger? Napalms... only.

Now... Digital Extremes. I have to ask in the most serious and passive way I can.

How are we, beta testers, supposed to test drop rates if we don't know what to look for? If it takes dataminers on Reddit to find these drop tables, don't you think it's time for some... Communication?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AgGZ9TLiwS5XdDN3WlZuYU5OYzV0LS04Uzd6N0FIYlE&f=true&noheader=true&gid=0

And really? Who thought it was a good idea to give Stalker and Vor ONLY the Focus mod? I realize you want players to get away from Xini, but for 90% of most grinding, it's still Xini.

You forgot to add that it's random chance to get the enemy to spawn, it's random chance to have it drop a mod, it's random chance for that mod to be the rarity you want and then it's random chance to be the mod you want and not a fusion core of same rarity.

Anyone that has stumbled onto this hell hole knows exactly what happens to give loot out to players.

RNG gods have been with each and all of us. It's just beating a dead horse by stating that.

Anyone that has stumbled onto this hell hole knows exactly what happens to give loot out to players.

RNG gods have been with each and all of us. It's just beating a dead horse by stating that.

DE loves rng and grind.

even though they say they are going to cut back on them, they keep putting more and more layers of rng/grind.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/113539-as-it-is-drop-20-sucks/

I mention this in my thread as well. As the General_Krull said you need to take into account the spawn rate of each enemy type as well. In a sense some rare mods are already rarer then others simply because those enemies don't spawn enough for you to have enough chances at that rare drop.

Until there's a better solution to this drop table (such as DE revising it), I have a little tip to give for those who didn't know about it yet

Apollodorus on Mercury has Heavy Gunners, Napalms AND Bombards, Scorpions (?), Shield Lancers, and so on.

E Gate - Venus against Corpus has Shockwave MOAs, Railgun, Fusion MOAs.

They are nice places to farm these enemies IMO, especially the Grineer since their tile set has better spawn rates (and the heavy units are weak on this level).

Until there's a better solution to this drop table (such as DE revising it), I have a little tip to give for those who didn't know about it yet

Apollodorus on Mercury has Heavy Gunners, Napalms AND Bombards, Scorpions (?), Shield Lancers, and so on.

E Gate - Venus against Corpus has Shockwave MOAs, Railgun, Fusion MOAs.

They are nice places to farm these enemies IMO, especially the Grineer since their tile set has better spawn rates (and the heavy units are weak on this level).

Too strong for beginners but otherwise true. 

Uh, Hayden, chargers also drop Convulsion. I've gotten them from Mercury, which is kinda funny....

They give you Pistol Fire&Lightning Damage on Mercury, but you gotta wait until near the end of Earth before you see any type of Rifle Damage, lol.

Except for Shotguns; Flechette can be found on Earth.

Agree 1000%. Took me more than a month to get Hornet Strike, nearly two weeks before I found Serration, and it was nearly a whole week of play before I got a single mod to increase the damage of my primary (Cryo Rounds). Having drops based off of the mob killed doesn't work when neccessary mods drop off of rare foes.

I was referring in general, not just for beginners (even though the topic is concerning them). XD

I suppose a beginner could get carried through Apollodorus, but....

1). What's the fun in doing 1-9% of the total damage done?

2). They die in 1-2 hits after a certain point from anything high level and the person doing the carrying might get overrun while trying to manage O2 and revive their dead weight constantly

3). It is a really bad thing, to assume that every newbie has people willing to carry them.

4). The high-geared player could instead carry them through Saturn/Uranus missions instead and get them some plastids and nano spores instead of doing survival.

Edited by Xylia

Another reason why I don't like Mod Drop 2.0:

Some bosses have unique drops, like Captain Vor and Focus.

I still need Focus.

So guess what? I have to go back and farm Captain freaking Vor.

I have a Miter and Twin Gremlins, already farmed that. Did he drop Focus all of those times I farmed him? Of course not!

I have his Seer pistol already. I did this before Drop 2.0.

Now I have to go back and.....farm him........again........ because he has a mod that is exclusive to him (and of course Stalker, but lol good luck running into Stalker). Not to mention I killed Stalker a few days ago........and got nothing. No mod, no BP, nothing.

It ain't like we didn't have to farm bosses already......now we have to farm them for even more crap.

Yay, so fun, killing Lv5 grineer that drop Ferrite, P.Bundles, and Morphics which I have tons of already, getting mods I have tons of, hoping 1 specific mod will drop. That is somehow better than "Go farm grineer of any level"?

Now it is "Go kill Captain Vor a million times".

Or I could do Xini, but I find that my Friend who claims he's got a whole row of Focus mods.... I've never, ever, ever, ever seen one from Xini.

Edited by Xylia

Xylia, to help you out, Focus has an aprox 2.57% drop chance from Xini.

Basically, you're going to be there a while.

So you either grind Xini until your eyeballs bleed out, or you grind Captain Vor until the end of your days....

For a mod that is arguably 100% essential (it provides such an important, crucial buff to nearly ALL warframes).

.......nice.

So you either grind Xini until your eyeballs bleed out, or you grind Captain Vor until the end of your days....

For a mod that is arguably 100% essential (it provides such an important, crucial buff to nearly ALL warframes).

.......nice.

I agree. And honestly, it pisses me off to no end. And many others.

But being sarcastic with me doesn't help. I am only trying to steer you in the right direction.

I agree. And honestly, it &!$$es me off to no end. And many others.

But being sarcastic with me doesn't help. I am only trying to steer you in the right direction.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not being sarcastic at you, I'm more being sarcastic at DE for making it this way.

I appreciate your efforts and sentiment; my apologies if you thought the snideness was directed at you. It was not.

I suppose a beginner could get carried through Apollodorus, but....

1). What's the fun in doing 1-9% of the total damage done?

2). They die in 1-2 hits after a certain point from anything high level and the person doing the carrying might get overrun while trying to manage O2 and revive their dead weight constantly

3). It is a really bad thing, to assume that every newbie has people willing to carry them.

4). The high-geared player could instead carry them through Saturn/Uranus missions instead and get them some plastids and nano spores instead of doing survival.

Don't ask me. Like I was saying, I pointed those stuff out for everyone, including the more veteran players who may not know of those spawns.

Also, I don't like Drop Table 2.0 very much either.

.......nice.

The firestorm mod drops from toxic ancients so you could hit 2 stones with 1 bird.

Edited by General_Krull