Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reworking The Void

SethA007

How many of you think that the whole Void thing is a little "eh" or "meh" or you have an indecisive opinion about using it? Many, many times have I seen that the Void can having those "eh" moments. Have you ever thought, "Void Keys have too much level variation?" I have. I honestly think that the Corrupted have way too much level variation. I also believe that sometimes, they can be insane, and just a pain to do. There are also so many things you can obtain in a Void run, but the chances are too spread out to get what you want. However, do not fret. I have thought of a way to solve this. Continue reading to find out. ;)

First of all, to fix the level variation, have multiple Tiers of Void Keys. Instead of just the three that we already have, we could have around seven. Maybe instead of seven, ten. Now, I know what you're thinking, "Tier X Void Key? Oh my gosh, you're insane!" No. A Tier X Void Key would be equal to a Tier IX Key (If there was one, basically just a wee bit tougher than a Tier III.) Tier I Keys would be fighting enemies with levels around 5 to 10. Then the enemies in each higher Tier Key would have their levels increased by 10 levels. So that means a Tier II Void Key would have enemies with levels 15-20, Tier III would be 25-30, and so on. That would solve the level variation. Again, this is so you aren't being maimed by 40 enemies with level 60, and then three heavies walk in with level 105.

Second of all, I believe that the enemies shouldn't come out in such large quantities. Even in lower Tier Void Runs, I have encountered groups of enemies containing 40+ entities. That really puts a strain on my computer! Especially when they're all crammed into a tiny hallway, packed in so tight that sardines feel like they have the universe to themselves. On several occasions have I found so many enemies crammed into a hallway that I couldn't walk through; I had to walk on their heads! I was glad I had my Nova, though. A simple Molecular Prime and a few shots into the crowd clear up the problem, but the lag it created was immense. There was so much lag, even before the explosions, that I had around 6 or 7 frames just from the sheer number of enemies. Again, I don't think enemies should come at you in small armies. They should come at you in squads, maybe clusters of 4-12, not everyone and their mom coming at you at once. Seriously, we don't need a Corrupted version of China in the Void. That's too many entities.

Finally, I strongly suggest taking up the multiple Tiers idea, and for this reason: With each Tier, you could have more valuable items/blueprints crammed into them, thus relieving each Key of each Tier of its hefty load of items to dispense. I have been trying to farm Frost Prime parts for a very long time, as well as Paris Prime. I keep getting anything BUT those parts. If you had say, Frost Prime parts in Tier X Survivals, along with Mag Prime parts, and say a Forma (Not a BP, just a Forma), you'd have balanced the Prime Warframe issues, and given a bit of a better chance to get a Forma, not just a blueprint. Say, you could get a few rare mods from doing Tier I Keys, but not really and Prime items, or Forma or anything like that. This is just an idea, but hopefully you take into consideration how unbalanced Void drops are. This will hopefully fix the issue.

As a recap, we need to fix several things wrong with the Void. First, we need to fix the fact that Void Missions have way too much level variation, making slaying the enemies a pain without being maimed first. Second, we need to change how many enemies fight you at once, as having to fight China with only four Space Ninjas is very hard. Finally, we need to rebalance the Void drops system, otherwise people will be very frustrated when trying to obtain a specific item when all they get is a bunch of things they already have. Now, as you can see, there are a lot of things wrong with the Void, and there are a lot of ways to fix it. These, however, seem to be the best fix in my mind, maybe in your mind as well. I honestly hope that some of you reading this take into consideration the points that I have brought up. Take into account your own experiences, and please, tell me below if you agree with these ideas on how to fix the Void. Thank you.

-SethA007

P.S. If any of you DEs are reading this, let me know! I would love to know what you think of this!! :)

I feel slightly disturbed by "China and Mom" remarks...

To be Honest I don't think that's good idea.

10 tier of keys for clearing polluted drop table?

dat will just make farming keys even more polutted.

Reducing the number of enemies in void? Void is not meant to solo. Only place where there might be too many hostiles at time is defense... But then...

That's the point.

Edited by PiotrGracz

I feel slightly disturbed by "China and Mom" remarks...

To be Honest I don't think that's good idea.

10 tier of keys for clearing polluted drop table?

dat will just make farming keys even more polutted.

Reducing the number of enemies in void? Void is not meant to solo. Only place where there might be too many hostiles at time is defense... But then...

That's the point.

First, don't be disturbed. I was using that metaphor to show just how many enemies there can be. Second, if there are drops, and each can only drop from a specific Tier, then it clears up and un-pollutes the entire raffle basket of drops. It's like going to the lottery. Ohhh, "You get X" Well I didn't want X, I didn't need X, I wanted Y!" This is very frustrating, and if not for you, then for the rest of the people having issues with this. How will it make farming keys even more polluted? I understand that there are now 10 Tiers, yes, and there is a lesser chance of getting each Key. However, if you think about it, at this very moment, I have so many more Tier III Keys than I do of Tier I. And I hoard them, I don't use my Keys unless I'm with my clan mates. So this will also balance the rarity of Keys. Fine, if you don't want the Void to be desolate, how about a multiplicative increase in enemies for every Tenno in the session (One Tenno = 1x Enemies (Maybe 60 on an exterminate) Two Tenno = 2x Enemies (120 enemies) and so on). Also, how is that the point of the Void? The Void is supposed to be challenging, yes, however, it shouldn't be so challenging that it's almost impossible.

First, don't be disturbed. I was using that metaphor to show just how many enemies there can be. Second, if there are drops, and each can only drop from a specific Tier, then it clears up and un-pollutes the entire raffle basket of drops. It's like going to the lottery. Ohhh, "You get X" Well I didn't want X, I didn't need X, I wanted Y!" This is very frustrating, and if not for you, then for the rest of the people having issues with this. How will it make farming keys even more polluted? I understand that there are now 10 Tiers, yes, and there is a lesser chance of getting each Key. However, if you think about it, at this very moment, I have so many more Tier III Keys than I do of Tier I. And I hoard them, I don't use my Keys unless I'm with my clan mates. So this will also balance the rarity of Keys. Fine, if you don't want the Void to be desolate, how about a multiplicative increase in enemies for every Tenno in the session (One Tenno = 1x Enemies (Maybe 60 on an exterminate) Two Tenno = 2x Enemies (120 enemies) and so on). Also, how is that the point of the Void? The Void is supposed to be challenging, yes, however, it shouldn't be so challenging that it's almost impossible.

and if each tier would give certain part. people would stop running tiers they already have parts for.

and hunt only for keys they want.

More mission keys=more mess to get a team.

More mess to get a team, decent host and ability to invite yours friends and clannmates due to strict nat n S#&$? 

more problems.

Im still not convinced.

Edited by PiotrGracz

and if each tier would give certain part. people would stop running tiers they already have parts for.

and hunt only for keys they want.

More mission keys=more mess to get a team.

More mess to get a team, decent host and ability to invite yours friends and clannmates due to strict nat n S#&$? 

more problems.

Im still not convinced.

That's fine. I tried, I really did, but you're failing to see the point of this post. I brought up several points involving how much the Void needs to be improved. Please, read it again, and come back to me. How will it be more of a mess? If you really want, you could have Tier X Keys drop rarer parts more often (Say Prime Warframe Parts) and Forma, whilst having other drops drop less frequently, but still drop. Therefore, you could go to Tier I and have an easy mission, but have a much lower chance of getting what you want (if it's rather rare). In lower missions, rare items and more powerful items could have a drop rate of say, maybe 1.25%? Then the more common and less powerful items such mods could drop much more frequently, maybe at a rate of 35%? So, doing a Tier I would give you a mod pretty much any time. Also consider the fact that there are different types of missions for each Tier (Survival, Defense, Mobile Defense, Exterminate, Capture). So, each type of mission could have higher drop rates for certain items. Say, Tier X Survival could have a much higher drop rate for Mag Prime parts than Frost Prime parts, but a Tier X Mobile Defense could drop Frost Prime parts more frequently than Mag Prime (however, they can still drop in both). Consider, that this would make it much easier for gathering the things you want when you have the Keys, but it would also make it more difficult to obtain each key. Currently, there are 18 types of Keys (Three Tiers multiplied by the number of types of missions) giving you approximately a 5.56% chance to obtain a certain Key. However, with the Tiers ranging from I to X, there would be 60 Types of keys, giving you approximately a 2% chance to get any one Key (really a 1⅔% chance). So, how exactly will this cause the players to only farm specific Tiers? It'd be more of specific missions, which is even harder to do. I'm necessarily not saying that things should be easier, nor am I saying that they should be harder. However, I would love for you to think about this.

I still cannot fathom how DE has failed to understand the basic math of their own percentile drop system. You can only cram so much stuff in it without diluting it to a point it's nigh useless.

More mods are being added to the game, nightmare mode and all? Cool but too bad that you have to grind more and more to get a particular one, because chanses approach or go under the 1% mark.

The login reward is another perfect example, it's actually better if you don't log in the game for days in a row so you maintain higher chanses at the basic rewards (plat discounts, etc), instead of getting the lottery flooded by useless junk (yay for that Vauban/Banshee/Glaive BP you've already built).

Edited by NIL0S

I still cannot fathom how DE has failed to understand the basic math of their own percentile drop system. You can only cram so much stuff in it without diluting it to a point it's nigh useless.

More mods are being added to the game, nightmare mode and all? Cool but too bad that you have to grind more and more to get a particular one, because chanses approach or go under the 1% mark.

The login reward is another perfect example, it's actually better if you don't log in the game for days in a row so you maintain higher chanses at the basic rewards (plat discounts, etc), instead of getting the lottery flooded by useless junk (yay for that Vauban/Banshee/Glaive BP you've already built).

This is exactly my point with the drop rates. I know I'm mostly focusing on drop rates, but the enemy level variation and enemy population needs to be toned down a bit, too. But I'm glad to know I'm not alone when I bring this up. Sometimes, the RNG Gods are angry and hate everyone, while other times they hate a group of people, and love the other group, if you know what I mean. :3