Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gladiator Set Bonus No Longer Works At All

Avss

Edit: Ok didn't realize a few people have reported this. Leaving this thread up since it has the most testing done.

I tested this with and without bloodrush. I also tried testing this with mods on the warframe, on deconstructor, and on the weapon itself. Every single test resulted in the same outcome, crits stayed yellow, and did not increase at all even though combo meter was at 12x. I was wondering why things felt off. Details below:

I tested this with both Rhino (Frame A) without gladiator mods on frame or deconstructor. As well as Wukong (Frame B) with a up to 5 mod bonus (50% crit per combo multiplier). 

The weapon I tested was Gram Prime. How I modded it: Berserker, Fury, Quickening, Weeping Wounds, Relentless Combination, Drifting Contact. The last two mods I switched around depending on the test (with or without Bloodrush A/B, with or without Gladiator Rush)

Bloodrush A - 43.6% chance per combo meter

Rhino

Bloodrush A - 183% crit expected, result: same as expected, mostly orange, rest yellow WORKING
Bloodrush A + 10% gladiator set bonus - 218% crit expected, result: mostly orange, rest yellow, no red crits BUGGED
Bloodrush A + 20% gladiator set bonus - 253% crit expected, result: mostly orange, rest yellow, no red crits BUGGED

Wukong

Bloodrush A - 183% crit expected, result: same as expected, mostly orange, rest yellow WORKING
Bloodrush A + 10% gladiator set bonus - 218% crit expected, result: mostly orange, rest yellow, no red crits BUGGED
Bloodrush A + 20% gladiator set bonus - 253% crit expected, result: mostly orange, rest yellow, no red crits BUGGED
Bloodrush A + 50% gladiator set bonus - 361% crit expected, result: mostly orange, rest yellow, no red crits BUGGED

All of these tests yieled basically the same result. No red crits, despite 200%+ 300%+ crit from the crit calculation.

Of course using Bloodrush B would result in even higher expected crit.

At this point I took off Bloodrush and focused on only Gladiator set bonus to see if it even works.

Rhino

No bonuses - 32% crit expected, result: yellows and white hits
50% gladiator bonus - 208% crit expected, yellows and whites, no orange hits BUGGED

Bloodrush B - 243% crit expected, result: half red crits, rest orange crits, WORKING

And thus, I concluded that Bloodrush is working, but Gladiator Set bonus is BUGGED.

1. It doesn't work even if used on frame only
2. It doesn't work used on melee weapon only
3. It doesn't work used on deconstructor only
4. It doesn't work in any combination of the above 3
5. It doesn't work at 10%, 20% or 50%.

So if you suddenly felt that your gladiator melee build that you put a ton of work into isn't doing what it used to but your exalted weapon or melee weapon didn't get touched damage wise...this is why.

Edit: So it has come to my intention some people are passing this off as "not a bug" and that DE intentionally "fixed" this build. I would like to point out that actually USING mods on your FRAME and WEAPON also result in NO BENEFIT from the SET BONUS for said WEAPON or EXALTED WEAPON. It simply doesn't work period for the set bonus. You still get the mod bonus like +6s from Gladiator Rush though. 

Edit: Some people have argued that this isn't a big investment. Some of the gladiator builds that are used for endgame require FOUR different items that need formaing; FRAME, WEAPON, SENTINEL, SENTINEL WEAPON. It can easily take more than 10 forma to get this build where it needs to be, or much more depending on what you're trying to accomplish.

Edited by Avss