Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

D.E. Need to stop pushing out half broken updates.

40PE

37 minutes ago, Test-995 said:

What's the problem, we are beta tester, we are debugger, reporting bugs are what DE need and expected from us right?

The problem is we can't stop complaining despite getting what we ask for. The community itself is broken, much more than Warframe. The game gets better over time but we've gotten worse, irresponsible and whiney.

Saying "it's the internet" is not an excuse. DE has given us a VERY rare opportunity to actively help grow and guide a video game...and our response to that opportunity is to do the typical "internet thing". It's unbelievably stupid.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, (PS4)GEN-Son_17 said:

The problem is we can't stop complaining despite getting what we ask for. The community itself is broken, much more than Warframe. The game gets better over time but we've gotten worse, irresponsible and whiney.

Saying "it's the internet" is not an excuse. DE has given us a VERY rare opportunity to actively help grow and guide a video game...and our response to that opportunity is to do the typical "internet thing". It's unbelievably stupid.

Hmm ok, but it's the internet.

11 minutes ago, mawdeeps said:

less likely i'd say as they can farm the frame and weapons efficiently

Well then I must be an outlier because I would rather be playing the frame and slapping my forma into it, than farming for it, whilst enjoying the new cosmetics, and giving my support to DE. I will farm said frame when my friends and clannies need it and can not afford to support DE.

1 minute ago, CuChulainnWD said:

Well then I must be an outlier because I would rather be playing the frame and slapping my forma into it, than farming for it, whilst enjoying the new cosmetics, and giving my support to DE. I will farm said frame when my friends and clannies need it and can not afford to support DE.

the vets in my clan tend to farm stuff like that ive bought the accesories once when they asked the community about it as a way of showing support 4 that decision. if i have spare cash i more likely to buy tenogen as a way to not only support DE but the artist as well

1 hour ago, 40PE said:

and then release on the beginning of the week, monday, latest tuesday!

Having the weekend for people to break it and just scream into the void because literally nobody is at work seems like a fantastic way to do this, personally.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ephemiel said:

Your Plat will be delivered shortly.

The mistake you made was thinking I expect anything, or have anything to gain from saying so.  This is what I believe.  DE is open with us, they're goddamn funny, and I haven't genuinely enjoyed a game like I've enjoyed Warframe before.

• Like 4

You guys ever heard of MVP? No, not "Most Valuable Player". In this case, it stands for "Minimum Viable Product", and its how basically the entire game industry operates these days. The idea is that you don't have to complete your software before you release it to the public. You just have to get it to a bare minimum, barely functional state, and let patches take care of the rest later. It lets you make money off of an unfinished product, and you even get to use your paying customers as beta testers.

Of course, there is the unspoken promise that your product actually will get finished at some point. But that, sadly, does not always happen. That is DE's real problem. They release their MVP, and then never quite get around to finishing it. They almost always get distracted by whatever other shiny new update they have in the works, and forget about the older stuff. And whenever they do actually finish something, its almost always way too late.

This is a big part of why this game feels like such a chaotic mess of unfinished ideas and mismatched systems.

Maybe if the playerbase weren't constantly breathing down the developers necks and learned a little patience, DE wouldn't be pressured to push stuff out before it's ready.

On 2019-11-05 at 5:47 PM, Ephemiel said:

Your Plat will be delivered shortly.

Right. Because anyone who says anything positive about DE are clearly a shill...

Give it a frickin' break.

Edited by Ace-Bounty-Hunter
  • Like 2

On 2019-11-05 at 3:31 PM, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

Players: We want update now! We know there'll be bugs, we'll deal with them until they're fixed

Also players: DE! BUGS!

^^THIS^^

Y'all beeched, kicked, cried, whined and screamed for new content to drop. Welp, you got it. Deal with it. Help them fix it and give them feedback.

Edited by Numerikuu
  • Like 4

On ‎2019‎-‎11‎-‎05 at 4:36 PM, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

The problem is people making topics in all caps because they encountered one bug 2h after opening the new update & people thinking bugs are not supposed to exist

You don't get it, sorry.

You cannot buy something, that probably will have flaws! Developer cannot have a goal that "Ok lets release, it WILL have bugs, we will fix it!".

Kuva Flood still not givint relics. Just happened with me this morning again. Every day there are some floods not giving relics. The problem with this is not really the bug, but that its in fact a new feature, and not working AND THEY DONT KNOW WTF is going on with the bug! What they do they create code that helps, but they prob don't know the exact issue, or else it would be straight away fixed. I really hope you understand this part.

Trying to find and create workaround in a code is a terrible logic!

BTW Vsync is broken too, its not driver issue, because both nvidia and amd guys posting it. The engine is bugged now, I cannot play without vsync on it looks terrible, feels terrible (but long story).

Coding is completely different thing than anything else in the world. Either you do it right or it will show drastically. Sure, its a game, sure its play to free. That is not an excuse!

On 2019-11-06 at 2:22 AM, pauli133 said:

This update has fewer breaking issues that most, as far as I can recall.

Its more i think that some people were too heavily attached to a thing that was changed hence "its broken" for them while the rest of the player-base manages to accept that change happens

1 hour ago, AzureTerra said:

Its more i think that some people were too heavily attached to a thing that was changed hence "its broken" for them while the rest of the player-base manages to accept that change happens

Realy?!!

From the top of my head that I've experienced:
-Melee turns off sprint [again] /yes got fixed
-No Requiem Relic from Kuva Flood (should be guaranteed, bugged, no fix yet)
-Hacking animation bugged, sometimes just doesn't play
-Graphical issue, big fps hit, lost 20-50fps, just played a mission on earth and I had 50fps. I NEVER EVER had 50fps constans (not fps spike) in a mission ever before in WF!
-Vsync bugged, starting up the game I got 60maxframe, instead of monitor's 100Hz. And the game is crazy choppy now withouth vsync on.

You maybe lucky or you don't notice the bugs but many of us do. That means U26 broke these things if they were not here before.

Releasing new content with critical bugs, and spending months to fix it while we would like to enjoy the content is terrible by design.

And seriously how come that some bugs we STRAIGHT AWAY experienced, and D.E. doesn't? Do they actually got some test environment? Do they have different test machines or they just testing them on their high-end developer machines that they work on day by day? The testing phase is lacking badly at D.E.

Edited by 40PE

On 2019-11-07 at 7:39 AM, Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

Right. Because anyone who says anything positive about DE are clearly a shill...

Give it a frickin' break.

Saying something positive, and going out and saying that DE has the highest standards of all game devs in the past twenty years are very different things.

Le 5/11/2019 à 16:15, 40PE a dit :

-Rushing an update its a D.E.-s Think / Or they are just late as they probably planned for release much much earlier.
-Trying to advertise weeks prior and then every second third day new ad for the upcoming update: Builds an unnecessary tension and stress for everyone.

But the worse is:
-Bringing out an update near the end of the week when for two days there are no support, no updates for bugs and issues, is just plain bad choice.

Please D.E. Stop this mess. This is not the first time it happened, and not even the second! You don't learn from your mistakes, yes these are BIG mistakes!

Kindly asking you stop this behavior, just stress test more, spend 1-2 more weeks fixing issues and then release on the beginning of the week, monday, latest tuesday!

Thanks and I hope everyone agrees. It just gives a bad wibe for the game, we get very frustrated (I know I got frustrated with the fps issue, and the no requiem relics in Kuva Flood). these are uncalled for, game breaking issues that should not be in the game anymore, after an update releases.

Please raise your standards D.E.!

Soooo easy to say right ?

How about the hundreds of morons that should start crying out content drought in a few days now ? Including the absolute worthless "partners"...

Now, you seem to have a functionnal brain, and I agree with you that they should not advertise it how they did, BUT :

Fps issues at launch => fix your computer

Missing req relic is a game breaking issue ? Oh please stop crying about such menial things already...

If there was some actually game breaking issues, I'd be somewhat fine with post, but there... That's a all lot of complaining for really not much. You say things like " just stress test more", sounds easy right ? I'm sure you know exactly how game development works right ? You wouldn't tell them how to do their job without having a good idea of your own right ? You wouldn't do that ?

Now, one thing I know, because many different devs from different studios have said the same thing : it takes a tiny bit longer to find bugs and test features with 20 devs than with 36 million registered losers...

What I dislike the most about this game is the animations.

Don't get me wrong, i'm in love with this game, but some of the animations feel unfinished. A good portion of lich finisher animations as an example. 

Sometimes animations just freeze on end (melee finishers, some lich finishers, used to be the case with some melee combos). Sometimes they are looking extremely robotic. 

And the sad part is that those animations are rarely fixed once they're out (maybe except melee combo ones, ty DE for making them quicker & more responsive).