Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Old Blood: Hotfix 26.0.4 + 26.0.4.1

[DE]Megan

I think converted liches should be more stronger. Mine spawns, does almost no damage to enemies that I can two shot with my secondary and after a minute just goes away.  From what I tested, weakest enemies do more damage against each other that kuva liches. Which makes converting them completly usless as I can just spawn specter every mission who do much more. Kuva liches can be compared (in terms of damage) to lvl 3 clem specter against lvl 95 elite lancer.

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Stockpiled Kuva Weapons: Receiving a better duplicate Kuva weapon after you’ve put work/Forma into an existing one can feel rather disappointing. With that in mind, we’re working on a “duplicate consumption” mechanic where you can combine 2 of the same Kuva weapons, thus transferring its buffs while preserving your Forma and Exilus investment, ergo relieving you of your inner turmoil. 
  • Larvling Lich creation will be truly opt-in. Some people want to see the world drown in Kuva and others just want to live a Lich free life! For those that don’t want to be hounded by a Kuva Lich, we’re changing the way Larvlings are killed in order to attain a Kuva Lich. Larvlings will have the same pre death setup as Thralls, except the Mercy action is only available to the player who damaged them last. At that point you either walk up and press X to initiate the Mercy (required for Kuva Lich creation), or just walk away and leave them to eventually die on their own after 15 seconds, thus opting out of Kuva Lich creation.

This is nice. It addresses the 2 things that were worrying me about this update. However, I feel like this is an easy way out that still dodges the core issue. Farming overall still takes ages and you not only can get a bad duplicate roll, you can't even aim for that one specific gun you'd like to receive now.

I still disagree with the need to keep % bonuses random but this addition would allow for a less painful way out for people who want to invest even if the initial roll they got is bad. However, I think that making the values fixed and allowing for more different bonuses would be better overall. I also said somewhere else that in my opinion It would be much better to allow players to pick a weapon that they want to farm rather than allow to pick an element. Not every weapon will benefit from the same element and right now getting the best element a certain weapon is still like finding a needle in a stack of hay and the new fusion system won't help with this at all. 

An issue that desperately needs to be addressed is getting stuck on objects. Way too many times this patch I have been CC'd into a door or a rock or *anything* and then been stuck on it, unable to move off it. Swapping to operator doesn't fix it, bullet jumping doesn't fix it, sometimes even /unstuck doesn't fix it.

4 minutes ago, ADirtyMonk said:

Should work like Ivara. Tap to cast, hold to swap not tap to swap, hold to cast.

This must be an optional setting, because I only recently got Ivara and definitely have to hold to cast ability 1. Hold to cast does make some sense; drawing the bow for the shot.

1 minute ago, MaillerPhong said:

We do still need some way to deal with people who refuse to kill their lich, possibly with the lich leaving and/or auto killing its creator after a certain amount of time.

A comment on another thread said if you died or entered bleedout by a means other than your Lich it'd cause them to de-spawn. Tested twice and determined it does NOT work (unsurprisingly).

Murmurs are still extremely tedious and long to unlock.

Nodes are still not shared with others stuff, specially fissures.

There is still no reliable way to hunt for a specific kuva lich weapons. It gets very annoying when the same weapon repeats 3 times.

Grineer tilesets have lightning problems all over the place, one room dark the next one sun-burst bright

EDIT: It looks like it takes even longer to get murmurs now. Wasn't it supposed to be easier?

can you do something to escape the lich if we don´t need to fight him (weapons are already required) cus that will save for me like 150 missions -_- and it dosen´t make any since to do the lich when I get the same weapon that I already have except to rid out of him 

please Guys FIND A WAY OUT

still waiting to get my block combos replaced with the hold and pause combos till then no melee as i cant use the block combos efficiently  making a waste of time for me (this really sucks piz fix or add a on off for the combos what ever works just anything but block combos) side note with the block angle being a think it is a super nerf as were surrounded most times making it more of a danger then a helpful tool ether revert or give us some %block lest enough to make it worth using 

28 minutes ago, buSoreZ said:

ahh good Logic. So by Rebuilding my Build i dont need to use Melee at all for a Longer Blade Duration? Interesting.

I dont use Melee at all because Melee is just total S#&$ in this Game.

But i know why ppl are hating the Zenistar Change and i totally can understand that.

Do you have space on your build for Corrupted Charge? It alone gives 30s duration to the disc without any meleeing needed.

1 hour ago, Sniga said:

Also, is there anything you can do about lazy people ignoring their Lich, thus preventing others from getting theirs?

Just allow multiple liches to be active simultaneously. It would be kind of fun to see your squad up against 2, 3 or even 4 liches as the same time.

Cool to see some of these changes and fixes.

Would we be able to see finishers changed back to melee or atleast an option to do it? It's basically so clunky as it is that you need to go out of your way just to make it work (just like mercy-kills on non-thralls; not worth the extra time).

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

The Old Blood: Hotfix 26.0.4

Kuva Lich Phase 2 Changes & Fixes:
With 5 days of feedback under our belts, we have a substantial number of changes to the Kuva Lich system rolling out today. There will be more to come this week that are a bit more developer intensive. 

• Mercying a Thrall now has a 5% chance to drop 500 Kuva or a Requiem Relic, adding another reward vector in the steps that are required to Vanquish/Convert a Kuva Lich. Requiem Relics play a very key part in the Kuva Lich system, and our goal with this change is to conjoin the Thrall hunt on (what is currently) normal mission modes with your eventual Requiem Relic hunt.

Bad idea to put it on THRALLS. Both over-reward players trivilializing the rewards that SHOULD be meaninful, and stimulates competition in co-op squads, making everyone run to kill steal the mercy strike. 
If you put those rewards on KUVA LICHES themselves that would solve both the need of a secondary source and the annoying players that refuse to execute their liches, because if they do that they forfeit the relic and Requiem Mods.

Archived