Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Old Blood: Hotfix 26.0.4 + 26.0.4.1

[DE]Megan

Should play test instead of knee jerk reactions. 

The requiem mod drops along with 500 kuva gave thralls a satisfying reward that wasnt in the realm of being an exploit. 

Reverting back to the overly saturated rng mess is a mistake 

6 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed being able to spawn more Thralls than intended per mission.

You mean you nerfed the Liches ability to convert thralls. Let's look at something here, shall we. 100% murmur bar + 100% murmur bar + 100% murmur bar = 300%. 60% murmur bar + 60% murmur bar + 140% murmur bar = 260%. That's a negligible decrease "hidden" with math.  And I wont be surprised in the slightest if the overall spawn rate of thralls is much less now too.

6 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

by roughly 10x more than a Thrall on average.

We'll see about that. I've got time-to-kill recorded for my liches. Obviously I'm not about to list them here. It's probably going to take longer to to kill than it did before, and there's still no way to get rid of duplicate weapons or not burn mod charges on a lich you don't care about. And farming those relics still sucks. The "rewards" they have are a joke. More Kuva when it's already a Kuva missions. Riven slivers, so you can get one extra riven a week, even though you'll never pick that if any Requiem Mod is on the reward screen. Those weapon exilus adapters are a joke. They're not supposed to be used for DPS increases, yet shotgun fall off, de-nerfing the Catchmoon, is their primary use, while you cant slot reload speed because that'd be too strong. Get rid of those god-awful relics entirely and just have the mods drop off the siphons. And speaking of siphons and floods, the Floods are still bugged.

The Kuva Weapon carry over is very nice, but there just has to be something to offset that, doesn't there?
:facepalm:

Edit: Okay, I have no problem admitting when I was wrong. Or sort of wrong. Everything kind of offset the changes back into themselves. It's about the same over all unless you guess lucky, though you do save a bit of time thanks to murmurs carrying over. The first two murmurs obviously fill up faster, the third one's a bit of a slog since it's more than twice the first two, but the bonus shanking murmurs help with that. Thankfully the process at least feels better overall. The reduced total thralls per level is annoying, but you aren't wasting thralls anymore with the carry over, and that's probably the biggest improvement. It was really annoying having to watch the bar sitting at the top of the screen maxed out while murmur mooks kept spawning, so thank god that's no longer an issue. Now if the relics get changed to not feel awful with those rewards, that'll be some very nice and very needed overall QoL improvements to the whole Lich System.

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed Thralls dropping Requiem Mods instead of the intended Requiem Relics on Mercy (added to Thrall droptable in Hotfix 26.0.4). We’ve also removed the 500 Kuva from the Thrall droptable. With less rewards to pick from means a better shot at that Requiem Relic!

Okay, but... Can you guys please consider making murmur farming more integrated into the regular warframe gameplay loop? Ie Kuva/fissures/sortie/arb? You've now reverted to having the same problem the original system had, you're doing vanilla missions ad nauseum for.... not a whole lot.

hace 2 horas, [DE]Megan dijo:
  • Fixed Thralls dropping Requiem Mods instead of the intended Requiem Relics on Mercy (added to Thrall droptable in Hotfix 26.0.4). We’ve also removed the 500 Kuva from the Thrall droptable. With less rewards to pick from means a better shot at that Requiem Relic!
    • Players who received Requiem Mods or Kuva while the Thrall drop was incorrect will get to keep them. Santa came early!

This "bug" really made the farming more enjoyable, it's just a 5% drop chance, isn't like we were drowning in kuva and requie mods per mission.

Fixed Thralls dropping Requiem Mods instead of the intended Requiem Relics on Mercy (added to Thrall droptable in Hotfix 26.0.4). We’ve also removed the 500 Kuva from the Thrall droptable. With less rewards to pick from means a better shot at that Requiem Relic!

• Players who received Requiem Mods or Kuva while the Thrall drop was incorrect will get to keep them. Santa came early!

I knew Scott couldn't let kuva farming get any less tedious and grindy.

4 minutes ago, WildBot said:

So my problem is still not fixed..... None of my known requiem mods are correct or my kuva lich is glitched... De pls fix this!

Looks like you are playing Old Alpha ;)

Thank kuva I need first grind more void traces before I do the next Lich.

17 minutes ago, Acersecomic said:

They are UTILITY nontheless.

I mean, wtf are we supposed to do with all but 2 exilus mods? Hm?
Sometimes "literal this or that" has to bend, otherwise everything breaks, like fun or features for example.

mods that increase DPS are not utility and THAT is why they arent exilus. the drift mods should also be removed from exilus but its to late. there are quite a few mods usable in that slot like weapon class mods, recoil, aiming etc. you just want more power. stop being silly.

DE you really messed up with this update, the entire kuva lich system is completely disjointed and actively contradicts itself. No one wants to grind endless amount of siphons to grind an endless amount of relics which give you mods to grind an endless amount of Thralls until you finally kill the lich with the right mods, only to use up three charges on those mods, in which you have to restart the whole cycle from scratch. 

I'm not saying grind is a necessarily bad thing, but either restrict it to one layer of grind or don't bother. This entire system is ridiculous, not to mention the rewards for the grind are garbage reskins of weapons I've already used for a long time with no real benefits other than a little extra elemental damage, those same weapons I have to forma FIVE (5) times just to get the mastery for. Completely and utterly ridiculous. If you wanted to build a system to hold us over until Empyrean releases, maybe you should have focused more on something fun rather than tedious. Just my two cents. 

Thralls dropping kuva was really enjoyable and gave me a reason to interact with liches without feeling like my time was being wasted. Eventually, I'm going to have all the weapons, and "good enough" rolls on the ones I like, or at least I'll at some point give up on the RNG of trying to get anywhere near 80% bonus damage. Then I'll have no reason to ever touch them anymore, since they won't give kuva. Even if my weapon was a lower-percentage duplicate (which I have right now on only my 4th lich), I was still earning kuva during the process of getting rid of the "miss" and it made it feel like suddenly it wasn't frustrating, wasted time anymore. Now, we're back to the bad feels. Unless the duplicate kuva weapons can have their bonus % somehow combined (like maybe half the listed percentage gets added to your existing weapon's bonus percentage, up to the cap) which I highly doubt will be the case, this puts kuva liches back into the "suffer 1-3 hours at a (wasted) time cleaning up after a bad RNG roll increasingly more often as you progress until your kuva weapons are 'good enough' or you give up" territory. I strongly recommend tuning the kuva back to an acceptable amount, whatever that's deemed to be, and putting them back. The ability to play high-level content and farm kuva at the same time, while long-chasing illusive high-percent kuva weapon rolls AND playing any assortment of mission types was briefly BRIEFLY one of the most attractive game design loops I've seen in Warframe in the two years I've been playing. 500 seemed generous, I'll admit. Maybe 400? 300? 250? Whatever the 'right' value is, I'd take it. I just can't understand why this was rolled back so insanely fast.

Edit: Dropping kuva also benefits players who join their friends to HELP kill a kuva lich, even if they're not participating in the system. Having it not be a strictly closed loop may be a good thing for the game in general and player coop.

DE, please make a public statement and ask or push for a consensus from your player base because the new melee system has reduced a lot of people's favourite weapons to being near useless or not worth the effort to use, the new lich system atrociously grindy and as I just killed my first lich, I found that the mods have charges. There's too much damned grind! I know WF is 120% grind but good god this is beyond acceptable. At least with the previous update those mods dropped from the lieutenants which would have lightened the sting of the mods having finite charges but changing it back to relics is just bitter and evil. Also, the new melee system is garbage.

Why I'm not a fan? I spent crap-loads of hours working on my weapons, Crap-loads of resources on forma/rivens. My favourite melee weapon has lost around 30% of it's range and the new crit multiplication system has reduced my weapon's damage output significantly. Before I could start throwing out red-crits within two to four hits, now, I have to hand out 180+ hits to start seeing red crits. It's not fun or pleasant to look at something you've put a lot of time and effort into honing to be the most optimised weapon possible suddenly get torn to shred because of an update.

To add to this, I'm still pissed at DE's attitude about nerfing Catchmoon. I don't use it. I prefer the Tombfinger to be honest but the way they decided to bring in Pablo and his crap spiel was akin to telling the player to shut up and accept their nerf because he was "a cute child" once. Firstly, if fifty people are using the gun because it's the best gun to use, that doesn't excuse them to nerf it into the ground. They'd be better off buffing other secondaries or making them worth the effort to use. This isn't a PVP game. It's a PVE game. When people whinge and moan about how they shouldn't mind their favourite weapons getting nerfed into the ground, they're essentially pissing on those that liked those weapons. I don't moan at you for enjoying your favourite weapons or even care if they're OP or not.

DE are messing up here. I've been asking every cell I've played with tonight what they're thinking and I've had exactly eight against forty-eight people (Yes, I did count) who liked and disliked the new system respectively. This is a big change to way WF plays and it's a massive change to the melee aspect which is a core component of the game.If DE are serious about producing a game the fans enjoy, okay, have the update available but within a month of the update, they should put out a message to the players and ask if they want to keep the old melee system or if they want to keep the new one.

To the people who think this is good, I don't care. If you disagree with me, I doubly don't care.You're welcome to enjoy the new system and I won't begrudge you enjoying it but just because you're enjoying it, doesn't mean those that don't enjoy it should shut up or not voice their disappointment.

Just now, Caliboom said:

Can we please just have kuva drops back, they gave us a reason to kill the thralls, they made the grind more enjoyable because you actually got rewarded for it.

Kuva can be gained from so many places now. The Requiem mods should be dropping from the Thralls; as it is, the majority of people will never pick any non-Requiem mod reward from the Kuva Relic because kuva, rivens, _amber stars ffs_ and even the exilus weapon adapter, can all be gained from other sources.

hace 2 horas, -Onyx-Zodiac dijo:

Stockpiled Kuva Weapons: Receiving a better duplicate Kuva weapon after you’ve put work/Forma into an existing one can feel rather disappointing. With that in mind, we’re working on a “duplicate consumption” mechanic where you can combine 2 of the same Kuva weapons, thus transferring its buffs while preserving your Forma and Exilus investment, ergo relieving you of your inner turmoil. 

is this some kind out of season Joke? 
Duplicate Kuva Weapons shouldn't be a thing in the First Place. 

^This

Archived