Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Old Blood: Hotfix 26.0.4 + 26.0.4.1

[DE]Megan

26 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Fixed Thralls dropping Requiem Mods instead of the intended Requiem Relics on Mercy (added to Thrall droptable in Hotfix 26.0.4). We’ve also removed the 500 Kuva from the Thrall droptable. With less rewards to pick from means a better shot at that Requiem Relic!

When you do something right but instead you start thinking:

2DI3AYq.jpg

Just now, ShadowExodus said:

Prime/Vanda/Waith doesn't have rng stats tho. Whats the point in building another one?

Not about building another (oops, should've been more specific I guess), but rather leaving vanilla being a completely useless waste of time other than MR fodder or just leaving behind the resources you spent on it because a slightly better version of the same gun came out (optional, sure, but are those upgrades if you don't actually upgrade but rather treat the upgrade as a separate entity?). The game already has no shortage of places to spend forma (this update alone introduced more than 1 way of spending them, Kuva weapons aren't the only forma sink in Old Blood), perhaps it's time to allow people to work on their favourite weapons early in the game rather than putting them aside until the better variant comes out of the vault/Baro rotation or they can afford it (or just stop preying on people that spend forma on a weapon to only then be surprised a few days later that an announced variant comes out, that doesn't happen often but when it does it does hurt).

2 hours ago, -Onyx-Zodiac said:

Stockpiled Kuva Weapons: Receiving a better duplicate Kuva weapon after you’ve put work/Forma into an existing one can feel rather disappointing. With that in mind, we’re working on a “duplicate consumption” mechanic where you can combine 2 of the same Kuva weapons, thus transferring its buffs while preserving your Forma and Exilus investment, ergo relieving you of your inner turmoil. 

is this some kind out of season Joke? 
Duplicate Kuva Weapons shouldn't be a thing in the First Place. 

They have to be, otherwise once you've killed (currently) thirteen Liches, you're not going to be getting any reward. And what if you decided you wanted a different element on your Kohm than what you have already? With no duplicates, you're out of luck.

2 minutes ago, LoopStricken said:

They have to be, otherwise once you've killed (currently) thirteen Liches, you're not going to be getting any reward. And what if you decided you wanted a different element on your Kohm than what you have already? With no duplicates, you're out of luck.

And let's not forget the overall elemental bonus provided by the weapon as well. It can range between 15% and 80%, according to the wiki. What if you got a 36% toxic Kuva Kohm, but wanted to strive for a 50% or even 80%? Without duplicate drops, achieving this will be much more difficult.

4 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

mods that increase DPS are not utility and THAT is why they arent exilus. the drift mods should also be removed from exilus but its to late. there are quite a few mods usable in that slot like weapon class mods, recoil, aiming etc. you just want more power. stop being silly.

Excepting outliers like Tigris and Exergis, magazine capacity and reload mods would hardly be a major DPS boost on anything, would they?

The real reason people want them, I suspect, has a whole lot more to do with wanting to use weapons like Cyanex without having to nuke their DPS just so they can fire their guns without having to spend 2-3 seconds reloading every 2-3 seconds.

1 minute ago, DeDraKun said:

so... is there still no way to get rid of my lich in a mission when I know I can't kill him and don't want to level him up and stop squadmates getting mad at me for blocking their liches?

They level up on their own, so you're extremely unlikely to be killing a Lich before it's max rank regardless of if you fail at killing it a few times or not. Just bite the bullet and stab the fool.

2 minutes ago, Nasheim said:

Excepting outliers like Tigris and Exergis, magazine capacity and reload mods would hardly be a major DPS boost on anything, would they?

The real reason people want them, I suspect, has a whole lot more to do with wanting to use weapons like Cyanex without having to nuke their DPS just so they can fire their guns without having to spend 2-3 seconds reloading every 2-3 seconds.

using a reload or magazine mod does not nuke your DPS. and adding an extra shot to exergis is a sharp increase in DPS because its 1 extra shot you can fire before you have to reload.

Thank you. This fixes a LOT of the problems and has almost certainly saved warframe for me. making the larvlings an intentional opt-in and not a "whoopsie, now you have a lich" kind of deal.

Not sure if this was fixed though. Make it so if you're doing missions like adaro or telesto, or really any other mission where larvlings can spawn.. please make it so they don't alert or semi-alert the enemies.
If i'm in a hurry and i need to level a weapon quickly, i'll take my sleepy-equinox in and just level that weapon really fast. And it's really hard to do that with a bunch of stuff alerted. I don't like leveling anything this way since it's stressful. But again, if i'm in a hurry, this is the fastest way.

3 minutes ago, DeDraKun said:

so... is there still no way to get rid of my lich in a mission when I know I can't kill him and don't want to level him up and stop squadmates getting mad at me for blocking their liches?

Just stab anyway him to get 10x murmurs and unlock extra planetary nodes (so you don't have to play the bad mission choices)

It's win/win now.

Just now, Nox_Terminus said:

The Kuva Quartakk is fine. You can begin in Hipfire and then aim with the fire button held to get aimed full auto. Did you even test it?

The problem is I can't use the original fire mode of the weapon without aim and I think it's not fine. After using the original quartakk for hundreds of hours I was hyped about the kuva version of it. But it looks like the kuva quartakk got the shame trash mechanic what the quatz had. An annoying mechanic. And no it does not make the weapon more part of the flow of the game. It's not world-changing if we could just push a button to change fire mode, isn't it? I mean I don't wanna be rude but it's just a copy-paste mechanic with the same problems what the quatz had. The  Quartakk is called Quartakk for a reason: Because it's a four-shot burst rifle, not a magically fire mode changer. 😉

2 minutes ago, DeDraKun said:

Yeah, you attempt the kill anyway and stop being a wuss. That's how you keep people from getting mad. If you know you can't kill, then why are you running a lich mission in the first place?

Thank you for organizing such a disappointment for the community. Bravo

Introducing 500 Kuva into the drop list with  Thrall was a great solution. This diversified the mission farming of Thrall hunt. But you just took it and removed the dainty, returning back to the tedious farm. Great!

Give kuva back.
the naked gun facepalm GIF

Archived