Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Old Blood: Hotfix 26.0.4 + 26.0.4.1

[DE]Megan

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

• Fixed Thralls dropping Requiem Mods instead of the intended Requiem Relics on Mercy (added to Thrall droptable in Hotfix 26.0.4). We’ve also removed the 500 Kuva from the Thrall droptable. With less rewards to pick from means a better shot at that Requiem Relic!

43 minutes ago, XzWasPzX said:

Existing errors of invulnerable liches and combinations of requiem mods that also do not work make the mode unplayable.. I mean.... fix that at least, and then u can fix the kuva drop if it was not intended. Priorities DE, priorities...

Just this. Please.

1 hour ago, kaelvamp said:

Here is my personal feedback for the update.

About Kuva Weapons.
1 - Keep the option to combine kuva weapons but with each combination the % random bonus should increace like 10% at MINIMUM (given the effort to get that thing)
In adition if the other weapon have another element it shoud carry to the "mixed" weapon (with the max of 2 extra elements of course). 
2 - Give also the Option to convert the weapon into 20k+ Kuva, dont keep less than 20k because the time and effort is almost if not more than doing nightwave and buying the 20k.
3- Give the Option to RECHARGE requiem mods with kuva, OR if not, Just Convert them INTO KUVA after they are done and with no charge. (after all you used them to kill a KUVA infused Enemy).

Review better the things Liches can and Can't steal. its a mess right now.

Make it so Liches have a 10% INCREASE on ALL the resources that He stole From You. that makes it a "investment" of sorts when he steals things from you, you guys can make the excuse that " he's in control of that region and farms resources for himself too" IDK. so there is more reason to kill those liches.

Give 2 minutes for people IN PUBLIC MISSIONS ONLY to kill their liches, of not killed they Insta Kill you and level up one time.

about the murmur situation on farm. its just too much of a grind. its mindless finishers to get a little bit of nothing on kill the liches, make some High Value Targets on each mission a Mini boss that you have to kill in order to get like 20% of a Murmur completion. and make it so this mini boss can have a 50% chance to spawn on every lich mission. now imagine a Lich and a Mini Boss in the same place the crazyness that would be.

i think that's what i have to say now. ty for your time.

Agreeable.

Fixed Thralls dropping Requiem Mods instead of the intended Requiem Relics on Mercy (added to Thrall droptable in Hotfix 26.0.4). We’ve also removed the 500 Kuva from the Thrall droptable. With less rewards to pick from means a better shot at that Requiem Relic

First things first. Can't let people just skip all this content, right?

Is Vasca kavat lure still broken? Nothing about it in patch notes

3 minutes ago, BokuNoNico said:

The fact that we HAVE to spend a ridiculous amount of time for a lich whose weapon you already own is just really sad and bad game design. there should be a way to "rerolling" the lich or at least the weapon.

I've hit 5 times with the same weapon consecutively. I wholeheartedly agree with this and they should definitely do something about it. Either rerolling the lich/ or trading liches/weapons. It's kinda just ridiculous imo.

35 minutes ago, Xrasegot said:

The problem is I can't use the original fire mode of the weapon without aim and I think it's not fine. After using the original quartakk for hundreds of hours I was hyped about the kuva version of it. But it looks like the kuva quartakk got the shame trash mechanic what the quatz had. An annoying mechanic. And no it does not make the weapon more part of the flow of the game. It's not world-changing if we could just push a button to change fire mode, isn't it? I mean I don't wanna be rude but it's just a copy-paste mechanic with the same problems what the quatz had. The  Quartakk is called Quartakk for a reason: Because it's a four-shot burst rifle, not a magically fire mode changer. 😉

Well to quote what someone told me about the Opticor Vandal when I criticized it not being just an upgrade but a switch up of the original.

'You can just use the original if you like it that much.'

Opticor was all about a singular massive hit to an enemy. Opticor Vandal is more about spamming shots, it doesn't even have an alt-fire that deals the damage the original had. On paper its a better weapon, but it doesn't feel the same.

I can understand you wanting to be able to swap modes, but if DE weren't keen on changing the Opticor Vandal, they're not keen on changing Kuva Weapons. Good luck I suppose, either way the weapon performs excellently.

Stockpiled Kuva Weapons: Receiving a better duplicate Kuva weapon after you’ve put work/Forma into an existing one can feel rather disappointing. With that in mind, we’re working on a “duplicate consumption” mechanic where you can combine 2 of the same Kuva weapons, thus transferring its buffs while preserving your Forma and Exilus investment, ergo relieving you of your inner turmoil. 

There is still the issue of getting consecutive of the same weapon. The bigger turmoil is that we have 3 of the same weapon, and there is nothing that we can do with them besides have it in our foundry. It is not ideal honestly so I thought I would bring it up.

1 minute ago, Kuro_the_umbreon said:

Fix the performance issues plz, my RTX 2070 super was running the game just fine on all ultra before this update, now its lagging out, you guys need to do something to optimise the new particles and re-optimise all the maps this is pretty much unplayable now.

Strange, I'm also on a 2070 Super and I've been seeing hitching and a bit of crashing recently even with the latest drivers.

Mercying a Thrall now has a 5% chance to drop 500 Kuva or a Requiem Relic, adding another reward vector in the steps that are required to Vanquish/Convert a Kuva Lich. Requiem Relics play a very key part in the Kuva Lich system, and our goal with this change is to conjoin the Thrall hunt on (what is currently) normal mission modes with your eventual Requiem Relic hunt.

Yaaaay alternate paaaaaths.

I would have personally liked to keep the Kuva drops, maybe with the Relics just as a separate loot table roll (so you can get Kuva + Relic, just Kuva, or just a Relic), or just with an increased drop chance to compensate. But, it's an alternate path either way and Relics have Kuva drops in them too, so it's...fine.

Testing a Requiem on a Lich now advances Murmur progress by roughly 10x more than a Thrall on average

This is a good incentive, but doesn't fit with a good feel. It's committing suicide to figure something out via proverbial trial and error. And the whole thing about Liches (in typical RPG lore especially) isn't that they just wreck your stuff if you try to kill them, it's that you kill their corporeal form and they don't stay dead. It'd be far more effective if we just "killed" the Lich if we knocked them down and tried to Parazon them, thus going through the usual checks, but they revived, increased level, and teleported away. Fits with the theme, keeps empowerment in the player, and the mechanics are pretty much identical - barring wasting a revive if you're doing it solo, which again, empowering the player.

As a consolation, the finishers they use could be tied to command-grab-like attacks they can do if players get into melee range. More engaging if the Liches actually move at a decent rate, too. This way, you can keep the cinematics (maybe with a tiny addition to lead into them) and even level them up likewise if you really want to up the difficulty a bit. I would, however, suggest they not be instant kills: turn off Warframe buffs and abilities, drain their shields, and take them to 1%HP, sure. Make them almost dead. It's just more engaging to come out of a cinematic thinking "oh crud, I'm almost dead", compared to "oh well, I'll revive". You panic in the first one, shrug or rage at the second. You keep control in the players' hands in the first one, take much of it away in the second.

In short: the current way we throw revives at a Lich to figure out how to kill it isn't a whole lot of fun. I understand changing things up quite that much in one day isn't easy to do, but I would like that to be the direction.

Larvling Lich creation will be truly opt-in. Some people want to see the world drown in Kuva and others just want to live a Lich free life! For those that don’t want to be hounded by a Kuva Lich, we’re changing the way Larvlings are killed in order to attain a Kuva Lich. Larvlings will have the same pre death setup as Thralls, except the Mercy action is only available to the player who damaged them last. At that point you either walk up and press X to initiate the Mercy (required for Kuva Lich creation), or just walk away and leave them to eventually die on their own after 15 seconds, thus opting out of Kuva Lich creation.

I don't know why this wasn't included as part of this fix. I can see it being a bit technical to drop in one day, so maybe that. But even assuming that, I'm not sure why this wasn't included from the onset. The entire system, especially with their ability to steal rewards, is extremely invasive. Of course players are going to want to opt out of that. But this is in the context of a hoard killer where we just lost spin-to-win metas, which were meta because of their ability to clear rooms. The measurement is in clearing rooms, guys! It's not even "how fast can you kill things", it's "how fast can you room clear"! Were you anticipating people to run an Exterminate mission with a sniper rifle and pick off every target so they don't accidentally kill their Lich and trigger that extremely invasive, reward-stealing system? Spoiler alert: Sniper rifles have Punch Through, so that could still happen!

Apologies for my exasperation, but come on...

---

As an aside: is it perhaps possible to get ideas of the overarching directions these hotfixes are going? I see a bunch of changes, and I have thoughts regarding those changes, but it'd be nice to know if I'm asking to push things in a direction they're already intended on going and it's just time that's the limiting factor.

F*cked Thralls dropping Requiem Mods instead of the intended Requiem Relics on Mercy (added to Thrall droptable in Hotfix 26.0.4). We’ve also removed the 500 Kuva from the Thrall droptable. With less rewards to pick from means a better shot at getting nothing!

LMFTFY.

Seriously, the Thralls directly dropping mods and even Kuva as a secondary reward was a great idea. Actually makes it worth my time a little more to hunt them, plus it gives me a secondary track to get the Requiem Mods without grinding my bollocks off to get the relics, the traces and the disappointment.

Why do you insist on fixing something up in a worse way?

Question: just like how Mortal Kombat has Fatalities and Brutalities can we have weapon melee finishers and Parazon finishers where the Parazon is used on special/thrall units like Exiumes and heavies. And treat those units as "walking Perks" via the Parazon. Meanwhile melee finishers kill units quickly even with stun abilities.

Optional:Furthermore when no melee is equipped (Excluding Garuda) Parazon becomes main melee weapon.

Ehh doesn't change that Requiem mods run out of power, doesn't change that Kuva wepaons are lackluster reward for the grind that are liches, and don't even reduce this grind in any significant messure... no i'm not goign to get any lich till this system remains a gindy and unrewarding chore instead of real nad fun challange it supposed to be

Archived