[DE]Megan

The Old Blood: Hotfix 26.0.4 + 26.0.4.1

Mods dropping on thralls would entice people to participate more, too bad it was patched out.  

I have mixed emotions toward the 140% murmur for the last mod. Brute forcing the last requiem mod doesn’t matter until you meet a lvl 140 scorch turning you into a slag puddle.

Also, Kuva Karak needs some buff. 

Sometimes the mission type displayed for lich controlled nodes does not match the actual mission type upon entry.

Edited by Victor-Wind
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, LoyalFangs said:

Then your post was not well written, wouldn't you agree? One thing is to say "Where I live it's common to have that as a standard"

The way you put it (in more than one post) says like that was an universal rule. Let's not forget that this is a game where a clearly male looking frame can flaunt 4 shades of pink, use an animation where you send kisses to everyone and slap a butterfly syandana on his back, go dance in Fortuna 69 and call it a day.

You know what's worse on your post? Dreads are not even gender related. Honestly, do you know anything about dreads?

Fair point. Sorry for upsetting so many people. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the changes!
However, I need to point out that the mods that benefit the combo counter don't work when you're not the host.  I'm a huge fan of the new Corrupt Charge, it's really fun, but it shouldn't require me to host in order to properly use the mod.

9 minutes ago, Victor-Wind said:

Mods dropping on thralls would entice people to participate more, too bad it was patched out.  

Having the mods (and even Kuva) drop directly from the Thralls is a terrible idea. Because it would effectively invalidate the Requiem Relics entirely.

It would be a disaster if people had no reason to run these new Kuva fissures barely a week after they were released. Plus it gives people a reason to run Siphons/Floods again.

Edited by Ace-Bounty-Hunter

vor 10 Stunden schrieb -Onyx-Zodiac:

should be like that, that we don't get duplicates until we have EVERY weapon atleast once. 

also for stalker drops, prime sets.. wait just give us everything first try 😙

I hope you remove boost pad from vauban and actually give it a good replacement... it doesn't fix the troll problem and it is only a roll further from the next function instead of helping in any way.

Hotfix 26.0.4.1 gave me back the error that my resolution automatically goes down when i log in. The previous update fixed that. 

I still think there really need to be priority on addressing major concerns over the melee system.

1) Glaives and gunblades can no longer be directly thrown/fired.  You must first swap to melee weapon by either holding to enter "full melee" mod or slash at the the air in front of you (which traps you in a self-rooting animation, I might point out) in order to be allowed to use the throw/fire mode because it is now forced onto Heavy Attack.  Throwing and firing these weapons should work according to old charge attack mechanics, and instead they should receive a REAL Heavy Attack on the heavy attack key in melee mode.  The same goes for Wolf Sledge and Zenistar.

2) Finishers on a separate key from melee attacks now results in a massive roadblock for new players learning mechanics for the first time.  Previously, new players gradually learned how to deliberately open enemies to finishers because they would be using melee attacks and then find themselves doing a very high-damage custom animation onto staggered, blinded, or sleeping enemies.  This taught those players to create these openings for that special attack.  Now, players must know in advance just to be able to do a finisher.  Moreover, even for veterans this change sucks because it kills the flow of finisher-heavy warframes like Valkyr (when played as intended rather than a boring steroid-bot) and Gara.  These warframes have just become less fun to play in general because of this change even after learning and adapting to it.

Additionally, DE needs to VERY STRONGLY reconsider their balancing around Forma consumption.  As an MR27 player that had every single mastery point available to non-founders earned before this update (not a flex, but an indication of the fact I am not in the slightest allergic to the grinding in this game) I find the amount of Forma we are expected to use with this update to be downright insulting.  Let's summarize the two big Forma sinks:

1) Kuva weapons follow Paracesis leveling mechanics.  I found Paracesis to be disgusting to start out with - taxing you 5 Forma just to eke out the last 10 levels of mastery points.  However, I never complained because it was a unique story item and I felt that gave it permission to involve a unique high-grind mechanic to put a focus on it.  The fact this is now a standard leveling system for a wide swath of weapons is positively ridiculous.

2) Weapon exilus adapters require one Forma to craft.  Then you have to apply one Forma to the weapon to reduce the drain of existing mods to fit on your exilus.  But your work isn't done yet!  DE was kind enough to pre-polarize the exilus slots to the most inconvenient polarity for the vast majority of weapons.  Take a look if you don't believe me.  You can silence your silent Dread!  You can add projectile speed to your hitscan weapon!  But add flight speed to a bow, or reduce recoil on a gun?  Pay up one more Forma to fix the exilus polarity.  That's a total of three Forma (more if you are unlucky on drain) for the majority of weapons on which you want to use the exilus slot.

This update is by far the grindiest I have seen released since Plains of Eidolon on its initial release, and the grind was nerf-batted almost overnight because everyone retaliated so angrily.  Old Blood looks like it will stand in this state and that concerns me.  Yes, you can buy your way out of Forma debt with platinum instead of having to farm thousands of Sentient cores (Remember when a Flawless Core traded for 120 - yes that is the correct number of 0's - Quills standing?... because I do) with no way other than farming... but do we really want Warframe to become the sort of game that demands sinking premium currency for a consumable?  Inventory slots always seemed fair, but I don't like this new direction.

Edited by Maganar
Removed an extra word
  • Like 2

There's an issue with Titania's Deluxe skin. When in razorwing mode, the energy color on the back wings stays the original bright blue instead of the chosen energy color. It only happens in razorwing mode, the second I switch back to normal size the color matches appropriately. 

11 hours ago, fabien21920 said:

Can kuva larvelings spawn on Sedna and invaded sectors on Corpus planets now ? I played 5 hours to get a lich from Sedna, but nothing spawed even if the Kuva Guardians were speaking 😕

Great work tho 😄

Try equipping a Requiem mod on your Parazon. After I did that the first mission spawned one.

the “guaranteed” requiem relic drop from kuva floods are still not 100% guaranteed. Please fix.

Funny enough, I’ve had more luck with the regular kuva siphon missions.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Larvling Lich creation will be truly opt-in. Some people want to see the world drown in Kuva and others just want to live a Lich free life! For those that don’t want to be hounded by a Kuva Lich, we’re changing the way Larvlings are killed in order to attain a Kuva Lich. Larvlings will have the same pre death setup as Thralls, except the Mercy action is only available to the player who damaged them last. At that point you either walk up and press X to initiate the Mercy (required for Kuva Lich creation), or just walk away and leave them to eventually die on their own after 15 seconds, thus opting out of Kuva Lich creation..

I was doing a solo capture mission on Cassini and a Larvling spawned, but it automatically died and created a lich without me having a chance to mercy it.

Is this a bug? I was actively searching for a larvling this time, but if I accidentally killed a larvling in the future and spawned a full lich without wanting to, it would be pretty frustrating.

OK, Thank you so very much for all the changes and fixes made so far especially regarding the kuva lich(s) however I still REALLY want to see the acceltra respect positive flight speed modifiers.

8 hours ago, Arniox said:

It probably is intentional. Stop asking this. It makes sense that only females have dreads. 

Lol my friend has dreads and he is male. In fact i've seen males having dreads more often than females.

Also i had long curly hair when i was in my teens and i'm also male.

Idk what kind of backwards logic you follow but you need to get real.

Especially since there are quite few games with character creators that include long / short hair and dreads / afros for both genders.

Edited by Lythael

Still having this issue where I can be attacking my Lich. I have the winning combo on my requiems and have my friend with me to help damage him because my Lich is at 106 or so...but if my friend gets downed, my Lich decides, "Hey, I'mma dip outta here" and goes invul then I have to start the hunt for him all over again on a different mission node. Got him down to 3/4 of the way dead, my Lich goes after my friend, knocks him down via finisher move and then poof - It's bye-bye Larigg until another time. This has to be a bug, because it also happens to my friend. I get downed and his Lich disappears as if he's gotten knocked down and is bleeding out. I'm not going to attempt to kill my Lich until there is a fix of some kind. 
Here's an image of my Lich if that helps? 
unknown.png

We've also run into Lichs' that are not ours. 
example: Agor Rok shows up on the right side of the screen, no image, nothing. Our Lichs' are Larigg Fevitt (mine) and Cugah Mok (my friend's). We know ours very well. I've even gone as far as calling mine Radical Larri because he's that annoying. 
Image for the second issue here. 
unknown.png

Are you kidding me DE, i shot a larvling did not mercy kill btw and it just instantly died and created a lich. Great because i really wanted one of your grindwalls to tax my rewards after missions. Really just so great. it really pisses me off when I'm just trying to lvl a weapon stealthing adaro and literally everytime i go there a stupid larvling spawns. Like did you not think maybe a specific kuva node would have sufficed? Nope just any grineer mission 20+. I can see none of you anticipated that some of us would not want to grind your terrible "content". SO THX DE

9 minutes ago, Hellfire009 said:

Are you kidding me DE, i shot a larvling did not mercy kill btw and it just instantly died and created a lich. Great because i really wanted one of your grindwalls to tax my rewards after missions. Really just so great. it really pisses me off when I'm just trying to lvl a weapon stealthing adaro and literally everytime i go there a stupid larvling spawns. Like did you not think maybe a specific kuva node would have sufficed? Nope just any grineer mission 20+. I can see none of you anticipated that some of us would not want to grind your terrible "content". SO THX DE

This is where reading comes in handy. The opt-in part of the post here is an announcement of a feature to come, not part of the actual patch.

@[DE]Megan @[DE]Rebecca etc, please stop putting announcements in patchnotes. Maybe just add a link to an actual announcement post instead so it's clear to people that not everything is actually in the game already.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed Warframe’s appearing backwards when viewing a Moustache diorama in the Market.

I thought the Warframes were shy. Now they don't.

How about we fix the inability to buy the freakin vaska starter kit? I dont wanna do the work to get it, this is why I sell stuff for plat in the first place!

13 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

The Old Blood: Hotfix 26.0.4

It’s been 5 days since the launch of Old Blood and we’ve got our hands full with some great player feedback so far! As of yesterday afternoon 15,000+ Kuva Lich’s have been Converted and 85,000+ have been Vanquished; you’ve been putting in that work! To keep everyone in the loop, we’re working on some bigger picture mechanics for the Kuva Lich system coming soon:

• Stockpiled Kuva Weapons: Receiving a better duplicate Kuva weapon after you’ve put work/Forma into an existing one can feel rather disappointing. With that in mind, we’re working on a “duplicate consumption” mechanic where you can combine 2 of the same Kuva weapons, thus transferring its buffs while preserving your Forma, Exilus, Potato, and Lens investment, ergo relieving you of your inner turmoil. 
    • An example for further clarification: everything you've done on Kuva Seer A will stay (Forma, Potato, Lens, Mod Configs, Appearance Configs, etc) when Kuva Seer B is consumed. The buff from Kuva Seer B will be passed onto Kuva Seer A, and Kuva Seer B will cease to exist in your Inventory.
  • Larvling Lich creation will be truly opt-in. Some people want to see the world drown in Kuva and others just want to live a Lich free life! For those that don’t want to be hounded by a Kuva Lich, we’re changing the way Larvlings are killed in order to attain a Kuva Lich. Larvlings will have the same pre death setup as Thralls, except the Mercy action is only available to the player who damaged them last. At that point you either walk up and press X to initiate the Mercy (required for Kuva Lich creation), or just walk away and leave them to eventually die on their own after 15 seconds, thus opting out of Kuva Lich creation.

Stay tuned!

Melee Phase 2 Changes & Fixes:
We have some cherry-picked fixes for Melee today while we review the larger feedback picture. 

• Fixed having to toggle Sprint every time you Melee. As reported here:
  • Fixed Sigma & Octantis and Cobra & Crane not consuming the Melee Combo Counter on Heavy Attack.
  • Fixed the Parry Mod counter functionality not working properly. Also removed the ‘Channeling’ requirement.

Kuva Lich Phase 2 Changes & Fixes:
With 5 days of feedback under our belts, we have a substantial number of changes to the Kuva Lich system rolling out today. There will be more to come this week that are a bit more developer intensive. 

• Mercying a Thrall now has a 5% chance to drop a Requiem Relic, adding another reward vector in the steps that are required to Vanquish/Convert a Kuva Lich. Requiem Relics play a very key part in the Kuva Lich system, and our goal with this change is to conjoin the Thrall hunt on (what is currently) normal mission modes with your eventual Requiem Relic hunt.
  • Increased the drop chance of each Requiem Relic in Kuva Siphon missions from 30% to 50%.
  • Tweaked the Requiem Murmur discovery requirements for each hint to reduce initial ramp-up:
    • Instead of each Murmur requiring the same amount of Hints, the first and second Murmur require 60% of what they used to, with the last Murmur requiring 140%.
  • Excess Murmur progress now carries over to the next Murmur to allow for faster Murmur discovery.
  • Known Requiems that you discover from using your Parazon on your Kuva Lich are now immediately visible on the UI as a permanent known Requiem.
  • Requiem Mods and Relics can no longer be Taxed by your Lich.
  • Ingame Murmur popups now show progress, in the form of a progress bar, from your previous Murmur discovery. This progress bar will not be displayed if you’ve solved all the Murmur hints.
  • Testing a Requiem on a Lich now advances Murmur progress by roughly 10x more than a Thrall on average
  • A transmission will now play when a Kuva Larvling fails to spawn.
  • Tweaked Murmur display in Lich screen to be clearer.
  • Added vocals for Kuva Larvlings as they wait on the ground for that sweet Parazon.
  • Added a number next to Lich attempt history so you can tell the order. 
  • Updated Lich name text to make certain letters more distinguishable.
  • Lich’s rank will now update immediately from a failed attempt, so you can see the new rank right away during a mission.
  • Alerts and Kuva missions now include a ‘Reward Already Received’ entry if you replay one you’ve already completed.
  • Removed unintended sounds from Kuva Ephemeras.
  • Kuva Tonkor reload speed decreased from 1.7 to 1.5 seconds.
  • Fixed End of Mission screen not showing all recovered Kuva Lich items (Ephemera, Kuva Weapon Blueprint, etc). Each case we looked into “The Lich didn’t return my (X)” showed that items were returned in all cases, just the UI was bugged. 
  • Fixed Nekros' Shadows of the Dead being able to spawn as Kuva Thralls.
  • Fixed Liches in Codex using current Lich’s name in subtitles, and other inconsistencies.
  • Fixed Kuva Larvling spawning in mission where everyone in the squad already has a Lich.
  • Fixed Kuva Larvling transmission appearing before the Larvling has spawned. 
  • Fixed incorrect transmission playing at Kuva Larvling spawn.
  • Fixed Excavation Power Cell Carriers and Capture Targets spawning as Thralls, rendering the mission uncompletable.
  • Fixed Sensor Regulars in Grineer Spy missions and deployed Latchers being able to spawn as Kuva Thralls.
  • Fixed Lich weapons showing unicode immediately after being claimed.
  • Fixed Thrall music potentially playing at the same time as Kuva Lich music.
  • Fixed missing Lich portrait and transmission in several situations. 
  • Fixed Kuva lich being affected by Out of Sight Mod.
  • Fixed vanquished Liches coming to assist.
  • Fixed being able to spawn more Thralls than intended per mission.
  • Fixed Requiem mods showing [PH] text when Trading.
  • Fixed an issue where Liches would stop playing their finisher animation immediately after starting it.

Optimizations:

• Fixed a crash when selecting a loadout if your loadout name contains HTML characters such as "<" in the name.
  • Fixed a loss of functionality when petting a mature Kubrow.
  • Fixed a Client crash related to performing a finisher on a Kuva Thrall/Lich.
  • Fixed loss of functionality if an enemy attempts to activate an alarm on a previously hacked panel. 
  • Fixed a crash related to ragdolls.
  • Fixed cases of a game hang on the End of Mission screen if you were retrieving your stolen items from your Kuva Lich, causing you to relog to escape the screen.
  • Fixed massive hitch when the Lich shows up to assist.
  • Fixed script error when the game checked if an ally Lich should spawn. 
  • Fixed script error if the Kuva Lich takes an invalid item. 
  • Fixed script error that could occur at End of Mission due to the Lich Tax. 
  • Fixed script error that could occur when exiting hacking. 
  • Fixed script error that could occur when initiating a hack in high-level missions. 
  • Fixed script error in squad UI when loading into a mission.
  • Fixed script error when using mouse wheel to scroll through loadout.

Parazon Mod Changes & Fixes:

• Untraceable will now refresh it’s 18 second invisibility buff if it activates while already active (ie hacking another terminal within the 18 second window). 
  • Increased the Runtime Sprint Speed buff from 50% to 75%, and the Duration from 10 seconds to 15 seconds.
  • Increased the Hit and Run duration from a 12 second to a 15 second Parkour speed boost on Mercy.
  • Live Wire now only Shocks enemies who are aware/alerted within 24 meters, thus not ruining your stealth gameplay.
  • Fixed Untraceable invisibility buff triggering when you fail and abort a Corpus hack panel.

Vauban Changes:

• Hot off the feedback train with more to come as we dive deeper:
  • Increased the casting speed of Vauban’s Tesla Nervos’ and Orbital Strike.

Changes:

• Removed the [PH] Orbiter Scene from the Captura Scene screen. It will return at a more appropriate date 😉  
  • Nyx’s Psychic Bolts infested movement speed debuff is now affected by Power Strength.
  • Grendel’s missions now start with a HUD call out for ‘No Mods Mode’.
  • Removed some scratches and grime on the Kuva Lich Armor metallics to allow a more consistent material for Accessories.

Fixes:

• Fixed the Operator not being able to Void Blast in mid-air.
  • Fixed ability to equip certain Fur Patterns on Vasca Kavat hybrids (Infected Kavat bred with a normal Kavat) that result in broken textures. This follows suit with the pure Vasca Kavat. 
  • Fixes towards cases where Grendel would swallow his allies. Sometimes you just get real hungry ya know...
  • Fixed another case of NPCs aiming at targets they can't see.
  • Fixed Titania Empress Skin not using the correct wing mesh during Razorwing and missing the flapping animation.
  • Fixed NPCs getting stuck and not animating on emplacements (Turrets, etc).
  • Fixed Exilus UI prompt showing ‘weapon’ text when installing on a Warframe. 
  • Fixed excessive Syandana clipping on Grendel. 
  • Fixed Exilus Weapon Adapter not being Chat linkable.
  • Fixed not being able to move Vasca Floof after placing in your Orbiter.
  • Fixed Legendary Core inbox message not being sent to accounts that are MR3. 
  • Fixed Oxium Osprey lens flares showing when swallowed by Grendel.
  • Fixed Magnetic proc sounds being audible mission-wide.

The Old Blood: Hotfix 26.0.4.1

Fixes:

• Fixed Thralls dropping Requiem Mods instead of the intended Requiem Relics on Mercy (added to Thrall droptable in Hotfix 26.0.4). We’ve also removed the 500 Kuva from the Thrall droptable. With less rewards to pick from means a better shot at that Requiem Relic!
    • Players who received Requiem Mods or Kuva while the Thrall drop was incorrect will get to keep them. Santa came early!
  • Fixed Thrall drops being Taxed by the Kuva Lich.
  • Fixed the Vasca Kavat Starter Kit not displaying how many Vasca Imprints you already own.
  • Fixed UI overlapping when opening a Chat link while in the Relic Refinement screen.
  • Fixed Warframe’s appearing backwards when viewing a Moustache diorama in the Market.
  • Fixed a loss of functionality in the End Of Mission screen due to invalid items trying to be Taxed by the Kuva Lich.

Appreciate the update you've made to the kuva lich update, it improves gaming experience compare to first day after the update, but still, the duplicated weapon from kuva lich is still a problem imo, i feel that it's just waste of mods and relics+traces to hunt a lich with wep you already owned, and so, i have few of my opinions to share and do hope they're listened

1. Player should be granted the opportunity whether they can keep up on hunting the lich or give up if the weapon is owned already, if it is impossible to cancel the hunt without costing anything, is it possible to make an option of "hiring mercenary" to finish up the lich by paying 125k credits or some resources?

2. Kuva lich weapon should not be duplicated, each new lich should be having a new weapon which player doesn't own it, only duplication occurs when a player has finished the collection of kuva weapons

3. Thralls hunting should be reduced more imo, currently its 20 thralls lower compare than before, but i still wish to have lower thralls, imo, 25 thralls per requiem reveal is ideal and acceptable

4. Kuva lich should be having a separate section in alert section, under the arbitration once a player has spawned a lich, thus no need to farm the controlled node to lure it out