Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Old Blood: Hotfix 26.0.4 + 26.0.4.1

[DE]Megan

18 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Stockpiled Kuva Weapons

what about names of these weapon fro kuva liches?

from 1 side it will be good to keep this our already formed etc as main kuva weapon

from other side we can get more interessing/funnier lich name for which we would want to switch while consuming this duplicate

so how about an option while consuming duplicate to keep old lich name on weapon or take new? 😆

19 hours ago, RyAn0099 said:

Unmodded nightmare mission when?

But we already have that, don't need to waste extra dev time. It's called unequip your mods and have "fun" challenges. You can do all the hard missions with your fellow masochist players and post a YT video about the challenge. 😀

19 часов назад, [DE]Megan сказал:
  • Mercying a Thrall now has a 5% chance to drop a Requiem Relic, adding another reward vector in the steps that are required to Vanquish/Convert a Kuva Lich. Requiem Relics play a very key part in the Kuva Lich system, and our goal with this change is to conjoin the Thrall hunt on (what is currently) normal mission modes with your eventual Requiem Relic hunt.
  • Increased the drop chance of each Requiem Relic in Kuva Siphon missions from 30% to 50%.

19 часов назад, [DE]Megan сказал:

Testing a Requiem on a Lich now advances Murmur progress by roughly 10x more than a Thrall on average

My prayers were heard!

Why do I have to endure the task that took three or four hours to complete, and the rewards after the end have been repeated. I have won four identical weapons in a row, and when I first acquired this weapon, the property was already the best. That is to say, all the time behind me is in vain, I think this will make people feel very depressed.

There's a glitch where after a host migration occurs the melee stance that is equipped does not register and a different stance would be used but combos cannot be seen. Also, kuva siphon do no spawn on the default mission paths in rescue and sabotage and i personally have found them stranded in unknown places like side rooms. Please fix all these its hard to play with a stance im not used to when host migrates.

Vauban realy feels great now ! He was my first main warframe and i was pretty sad that i couldnt use him anymore BUT NOW HE IS GREAT!

His 1st
I can not much complain about it, it does the job, it could maybe have a bit more rollers tho. Toss them and forget.

His 2nd:
"Sticky Mine" is fun and  strategically smart, you can even put them on other players, specters, dogs/cats etc. and so they become moving CC-options. Or you put on a surface which has damage like electrocuted water or spmithing like that and trag the enemy in.

"Nail AoE" is just additional damage, could be a bit stronger or just use slash-procs

"Speed Boost Pad" needs a bit more charges i have the feeling it runs out pretty quickly, would be great for defence the Interseption terminals tho. But all in all i would remove it and add a "small defence bubble" which has the space for one tenno(also spamable 4 times) so Vauban can stay at one point without getting damage and prepare the surrounding with traps or just shoot out.

"Damage boost" its a nice little damage buff and by alle the 4x4 options the amount of buff seems fair.

His 3rd: Alot of people wanted that Vauban can also deal some high damage and now we have it. I mean you can say that you could do the same damage with a gun but well i dont realy know to be honest how to handle it... I dont use it often to be honest for that reason ... on the other hand it is BIG AWESOME ORBITAL STRIKE (!!!) which scales damage. I would recomend that it should stay BUT it should get a greater range.

His 4th: 
Its the absolut winner of the whole rework, Bastille+Vortex works better then i imagined. The new big range of the Vortex was something i whished for long time. That the Bastille can strip armor over time is good and nessesary so it different itself from vortex and gives the player an additional tectical obtion. BUT imo everthing inside of the Bastille range should get armor striped iff CC´ed or not.

All in all i think the rework was a great success, you can bring Vauban to every mission and still be beneficial for the team. He is now a permanent caster and what i think is the best part about it, he can be used for tactical and creative warfare. A few things needs to be optimised but in his current state he is still realy fun and usefull.

So after playing Vauban's rework for the past week, I have some comments on his changes. This hotfix addresses his casting speed issues with Photon Strike so this is certainly a good start in making him viable, however it seems the community has some apprehensions about the effectiveness of his kit and for good reason. Being a defense warframe, his defense abilities suffer in actually protecting defense objectives and himself.

Bastille does a lot in regards to stripping armor and immobilizing many of those units all while giving everyone in the field a nice armor buff. However, Bastille does not do a good job at protecting objectives. In any mission that involves any faction other than infested, Bastille does almost nothing for protecting an object from damage. Bastille is supposed to be a suspension field. It should suspend enemy projectiles as well. This way, the enemy units that are either outside the field or inside the field, but not being affected by the ability, are protected against. This would make choosing Vauban to protect objectives, especially from corpus, actually viable. Another glaring issue with Bastille's suspension field and vortex is that there are times where the ability doesn't seem to work correctly. I've seen enemies drop out of suspension for seemingly no reason and those that enter the field while the maximum number of units are suspended do not become suspended after the currently suspended units are killed. When enough suspended enemy units are killed, any non-suspended enemy units should then be suspended until the maximum number of affected units is reached again (the suspension field has a maximum number of units that can be suspended at any given time which scales based off ability strength). With the vortex aspect, I've seen Ancient infested units, though not limited to them, be pulled into the vortex then immediately get out of it, making them mobile again for seemingly no reason. These issues make Vauban's main defensive ability very unreliable.

Vauban's Minelayer has issues as well. It seems to be universally agreed that the only viable part of this ability is Overdriver. Tether Coil does not do enough to be useful. Only a maximum of 2 units are affected by the ability at any point and the enemies cannot be chosen. What Tether Coil does is actually done much better by Vauban's Tesla Nervos. It's arguable that at the moment, Tesla Nervos is Vauban's best ability. Tether Coil needs to be replaced by something else that Vauban lacks in his kit. I will talk about what he lacks in his kit later. Just keep in mind that Tether Coil is the first of two abilities that should be replaced with new abilities.

The second ability that needs to be replaced is Flechette Orb. This has a similar issue as Tether Coil in that it doesn't do enough. The damage output of this ability lacks severely when scaling with enemies. Tesla Nervos does a much better job than Flechette Orb for what Flechette Orb does, aoe damage.

Both Tether Coil and Flechette Orb are redundant abilities that do not scale well at all.

Vector Pad is a fun ability that does have its place in my opinion. I've seen some of the community say that it is a useless gimmick, but I think the idea of it is really good and not too trolly compared to it's previous jump pad variation as you and your allies have to actually run in the same direction the Vector Pad points to. Against enemies, it can repel them which could be a viable ability except that the effective area of the ability is too small. This could be fixed by letting it be affected by ability range. Higher ability range would increase the size of the pad which would allow the ability to affect a larger area. If this change is made, Vector Pad would actually become a unique viable option for defense because it would deny enemies access to critical areas.

As replacements for Tether Coil and Flechette Orb, Vauban needs more sustainability. A simple healing mine would be a very good option to replace one of the abilities. Not only would it make Vauban more survivable, but it would also benefit the entire team. The second replacement ability is kind of up in the air in my opinion. An idea I've had comes from the fact that Vauban is supposed to be a warframe designed to fight the corpus. As he is now, none of his abilities reflect this aspect. A mine that deals with nullifier bubbles could be a viable option, though it is extremely situational so it would need a bit more available to it be more universally viable. I suggest that not only would it be capable of countering nullifier bubbles, but it could also deal aoe magnetic damage to help with handling enemies with large shields, especially against corpus.

This rework has made Vauban one of my favorite warframes to play right now because he is so unique. However, the way he is currently, he is not as viable as other defense warframes. I believe that these specific changes to his kit would round out his abilities enough to make him 100% viable.

22 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Larvling Lich creation will be truly opt-in. Some people want to see the world drown in Kuva and others just want to live a Lich free life! For those that don’t want to be hounded by a Kuva Lich, we’re changing the way Larvlings are killed in order to attain a Kuva Lich. Larvlings will have the same pre death setup as Thralls, except the Mercy action is only available to the player who damaged them last. At that point you either walk up and press X to initiate the Mercy (required for Kuva Lich creation), or just walk away and leave them to eventually die on their own after 15 seconds, thus opting out of Kuva Lich creation.

@[DE]Megan

Was this feature not implemented yet? I went to spawn a new lich (solo) and I could not see the option to mercy the larvling, so I figured this has not yet been implemented or it is buggy.

19 minutes ago, Dr.Membrane said:

Vauban realy feels great now ! He was my first main warframe and i was pretty sad that i couldnt use him anymore BUT NOW HE IS GREAT!

His 1st
I can not much complain about it, it does the job, it could maybe have a bit more rollers tho. Toss them and forget.

His 2nd:
"Sticky Mine" is fun and  strategically smart, you can even put them on other players, specters, dogs/cats etc. and so they become moving CC-options. Or you put on a surface which has damage like electrocuted water or spmithing like that and trag the enemy in.

"Nail AoE" is just additional damage, could be a bit stronger or just use slash-procs

"Speed Boost Pad" needs a bit more charges i have the feeling it runs out pretty quickly, would be great for defence the Interseption terminals tho. But all in all i would remove it and add a "small defence bubble" which has the space for one tenno(also spamable 4 times) so Vauban can stay at one point without getting damage and prepare the surrounding with traps or just shoot out.

"Damage boost" its a nice little damage buff and by alle the 4x4 options the amount of buff seems fair.

His 3rd: Alot of people wanted that Vauban can also deal some high damage and now we have it. I mean you can say that you could do the same damage with a gun but well i dont realy know to be honest how to handle it... I dont use it often to be honest for that reason ... on the other hand it is BIG AWESOME ORBITAL STRIKE (!!!) which scales damage. I would recomend that it should stay BUT it should get a greater range.

His 4th: 
Its the absolut winner of the whole rework, Bastille+Vortex works better then i imagined. The new big range of the Vortex was something i whished for long time. That the Bastille can strip armor over time is good and nessesary so it different itself from vortex and gives the player an additional tectical obtion. BUT imo everthing inside of the Bastille range should get armor striped iff CC´ed or not.

All in all i think the rework was a great success, you can bring Vauban to every mission and still be beneficial for the team. He is now a permanent caster and what i think is the best part about it, he can be used for tactical and creative warfare. A few things needs to be optimised but in his current state he is still realy fun and usefull.

I agree with you that he is more viable now, but I think he still lacks a bit. He has a hard time staying alive and protecting objectives. Other defense frames have abilities that directly protect them and a target from damage such as Frost's Snowglobe, Gara's Mass Vitrify, or Limbo's Cataclysm to name a few. Tether Coil and Flechette Orb do what Tesla Nervos already does better, cc and damage. I believe those two abilities need to be replaced with new abilities that round out his kit better to make him more survivable and unique. He is supposed to be a warframe designed to fight the corpus, but nothing in his kit reflects that.

15 minutes ago, Renzo said:

@[DE]Megan

Was this feature not implemented yet? I went to spawn a new lich (solo) and I could not see the option to mercy the larvling, so I figured this has not yet been implemented or it is buggy.

Note the "stay tuned" after this part to indicate that's just an announcement, not an actual part of this patch.

22 hours ago, -Onyx-Zodiac said:

Duplicate Kuva Weapons shouldn't be a thing in the First Place. 

Like duplicate AkLex Primes shouldn't be a thing, or duplicate mods... sorry, friend, but duplicate anything is here to stay. Either sell 'em or wait for the update to combine the extras into your first one.

19 hours ago, LoopStricken said:

Why should everyone else miss out on the murmur progress and possibly having their own lich spawn, just because you don't want to lose a bit of XP?

Why should I go against my own instincts and die in a video-game?  Everyone's still getting murmur progress from the thralls, and there's only a chance that another lich will appear - making that suicide not just boring (because the challenge vanishes) but foolish if there's no other spawn.  I don't ask it of anyone else, and I don't expect them to ask it of me.

I advise that you just bite the bullet, accept that not everyone's going to do what you want them to, and stop getting bent out of shape with desperation for points.

It's simply not enough, the road to 1 lich takes way too long due to those murmurs taking forever to get completed, getting all the weapons will take months and months of hard and tedious grind due to the RNG component to their weapon drop you might not get all of them for years or ever cause you'll get tired of grinding way before that much time goes by.. You should have made it well over 2x or 3x faster for 1 murmur to get done, not measly 40% faster.. You need to understand people have lives outside of your game, we can't spend 3 hours + on grinding 1 lich to get the same weapon as before aka NO REWARD..

Archived