Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Old Blood: Hotfix 26.0.4 + 26.0.4.1

[DE]Megan

3 hours ago, angetrox said:

@[DE]Megan I don't know what's going on ... I can't create my lich 

I had this issue post hotfix hotbreak. Didn't matter what or where I went in solo, no flickers = no larvling trigger all day.

I ended up biting the bullet and going into a pub squad, asking them to let me have the damn thing because I couldn't just go get my own in solo due to the bug. Good luck.

So, the hotfix is providing an absolute minimum of fix.  It's appreciated...

The grind for murmurs is pretty much what is the only main problem I have left, outside of the Grendel missions which have absolutely no replay value.

I'm still sad.  At this point though the sadness isn't laced with anger and the knowledge that you don't do any QA, so much as the frustration that you pushed this out stillborn.  The grind is definitely not something acceptable for a casual player, and the stupid scaling at level 5 means you can't fight them anywhere.  If the lich spawns in a closed room they'll ignore stuns, run up to you, and steal half to 2/3rds of your health with a single attack.

Regarding the participation....less than 0.1% of players have the achievement for killing a lich.  Let's assume that only 30% of people with the game play, and round up generously.  That's less than 3 people in a thousand which have killed a lich.  Once you pare out the people who are exclusively grinding the content, and thus have multiple liches under their belt, those participation numbers are frighteningly low.  

Offering my perspective;

1. The grind for murmurs to be forced to trial and error your way to killing the lich is a miserable slog.  Remove one or the other.
  2. The 5% drop rate for requiem relics is still a bad joke, with the kuva drop being removed it's a little less terrifying.  If you want this to be viable crank it up to a 10% relic rate and 1% requiem mod.  This, combined with lower murmur requirements period, would make it a grind that would feel more than insulting.
  3. Make the lich more than a cheap meat slab.  The whole level thing is just an annoyance, and barrier to entry for anyone who doesn't pass the skill test.  Make the levels offer some sort of arbitration style currency which pays out based upon difficulty.  Have the currency be usable to purchase base forms of the kuva weapons.  Grind is present, but players get to choose whether they want huge challenge and rewards, while even more casual players can still eventually earn a basic version of the content.

What about Grendel?

1. Decrease mission length by 30%.
  2. Allow operator form or arcanes.  Neither of which, alone, would make the game mode a breeze.  Either one would make it less of a miserable grind.
  3. Other rewards need to come with the guaranteed drop, because there is no reason to replay these abominations after you've got one Grendel.  Given the annoyance, maybe some radiant requiem relics, but even then I'd suggest that the grind for vitus and generally miserable slog these are isn't good enough.

So...you've included notes that more developer time is needed for the rest of the fixes.  No notes, no timeline, and no vague promises of fixing everything.  Kudos.  That may have sounded sarcastic, but I'm genuinely offering a complement.  Managing the hype while communicating what you are doing is a huge step in the right direction regarding communication.  Please, keep making that kind of progress.

43 minutes ago, Demian_DeVile said:

I give up to get the Blazing Step Ephemera - after over 350 trys 2 full Braton and Lato Vandal sets (just on the way to get the Ephemera I already have farmed them after ESO releases) - I wish the Person at DE who think 1,01% Drop chance in Rota C of ESO is a good idea stream how he / she try to get the Ephemera on there own (in the normal Game without Devbuild cheating) and than tell me that the droprate is not ridiculous and frustrating........

Lucky devil you.

I'm one part short of the Lato after in excess of 150 rounds.  20 minutes of annoying grind for low single digit percentage chances are...let's call it frustrating.  That's and rolling in smoking bodies despite the stalker never being pursued is...Yeah, I hate ESO and would never go back if it wasn't the premier affinity (and thus syndicate rep) farm.

22 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

its not comfort. more shots = more DPS. faster reload = less delay before shooting = more DPS. i think you are the one that needs to think about it a bit.

i can understand people asking for a mod that changes the trigger type of semi auto weapons to auto being comfort. not this.

Yes, in a fast paced game reloading for 3 seconds and shooting shorter than that is real comfort. Yeah.

18 hours ago, evil713 said:

Vauban's orbital strike change is bad. It immediately starts charging as soon as you let go of it, giving it less range than a shotgun. You try to throw it a long distance and it fires off in the air!

I agree the charge time should be faster, but AFTER it hits the ground or an enemy, not as soon as it leaves your hand.

Edit: I really hope this is a bug.

THIS.

Now you can barely throw it 10m, throw further than that and it detonates in the air, it should fire immediately AFTER it hits the ground (like his other mines). Pls fix this.

1 hour ago, Silescere said:

Hmm, new melee, which is much like my beloved old melee is just great to have back. Manual block is bliss.
However not so happy with melee number changes. I can't put it into words, no expert and I didn't note down numbers before/after, but I feel less powerful? I was never one to use stances or plan out combos. I simply suck at dance-dance revolution. I was one of those just happily slashing away and building up combo counters. If the changes aimed at rewarding players more, who are better at dishing out more button combos, then ignore what I said. But if the changes were aimed at making melee more powerful for all... then it failed. (again, personal impression!)

What? Combos are way easier to do now. All the combos are literally the same input for all stances:

E, E, E, E, E, E

while moving forward and doing E, E, E, E, E, E

while hold aim/block button and doing E, E, E, E, E, E

while moving forward and hold aim/block button and doing E, E, E, E, E, E

It can't get much easier than that. They did a great job with how the combos are executed. I'm not sure why you're having so much trouble with it. Plus every melee got a buff to their numbers. There were literally no nerfs. Even Bloodrush was buffed by the new combo counter system even though the mod's critical chance value increases were reduced. It's way easier to get 12x combo multiplier now than it was to get 3x combo multiplier before. Melee got an all around buff. No nerfs occurred, even for Condition Overload which now caps at 3 status effects but with higher damage per status (+120% compared to the previous +60% per status). Simply put, combo counter now ramps up much faster and the affected mods do as well. I literally solo'd an infested survival yesterday for an entire hour with only melee. I was red crit'ing constantly and utterly destroying the lvl 80 - 100 infested with relative ease.

15 minutes ago, Falldan said:

THIS.

Now you can barely throw it 10m, throw further than that and it detonates in the air, it should fire immediately AFTER it hits the ground (like his other mines). Pls fix this.

I've been playing with Vauban today, and I didn't notice this. You have to aim upward to throw it farther. It literally detonates when it hits the ground. Plus, you can jump and throw it to make it go even further.

On 2019-11-05 at 8:52 AM, Sniga said:

Well RIP. That was fun while it lasted.
qwqwwd.jpg
57SqJKA.png
Can we have the system where we can exchange Kuva Weapons with Clan mates?

LOL totally. A lot of new endgame and new contents  are quarterly and monthly nerfs to "balance". Anything standing out on DE's spread sheet will be nerfed. Anything too much fun will be nerfed. Anything deemed anomalies on the statistics will be nerfed. Anything too powerful is power creep.  It's a sad downhill from here , but it has been brewing for a long time, but now it has reached the boiling point so many players jumped and left. 

В 05.11.2019 в 20:20, Ephemiel сказал:

Destiny 2, which has 3 times the playerbase and does NOT have a company that is driving even their Partners away, vs Warframe.

Hmm.

You probably didn't hear about disastrous launch of Destiny 2, about screwed D1 players who didn't get their progress carried over, about how game lost around 75% of active fanbase during Curse of Osiris period. If you don't want to forgive to Warframe mistakes DE did in the past, then be unbiased and don't forgive mistakes Bungie did either. D2 flashy numbers are build on money and frustration of those who have put trust into them. You could say Warframe did the same? Not even remotely comparable. Destiny 2 charged for vanilla, charged for expansions (Warmind and Osiris) separately, then forced to rebuy those expansions in Forsaken, then it charged for annual pass, then it charged for Shadowkeep, then it have put annual pass of Forsaken in bundle, then it have put vanilla, Curse and Warmind into free to play trial. Now count how many times loyal preordering fans of Destiny were screwed and sit down.

Warframe had it's bad moments but there were no cases like this here, ever. Not because Warframe is free, but because they never forced you to rebuy something so significant again and again and again. I play currently both games, so no, I am not Destiny hater, although I played Warframe significantly longer (almost exactly in three times). But several years (starting from 2017) observation and reading news, outlets and opinions of players actually showed me that during long 6+ years lifespan of both games (I include D1 here), Warframe treated their customers better. What's most ironic in all this, even after initial D2 downfall, Destiny fanbase actually shows that it's more loyal, more forgiving and less complaining.

IMHO, DE actually deserved better treatment from us, especially looking how Bungie gets lots of praise for every slightest effort.

34 minutes ago, Qwertykeys said:

I've been playing with Vauban today, and I didn't notice this. You have to aim upward to throw it farther. It literally detonates when it hits the ground. Plus, you can jump and throw it to make it go even further.

If I try to throw more than 10~15m it activates in the air, it is charging really fast now but detonating before it hits the ground.

ieUncz.jpg

On 2019-11-05 at 11:52 AM, [DE]Megan said:

Mercying a Thrall now has a 5% chance to drop a Requiem Relic, adding another reward vector in the steps that are required to Vanquish/Convert a Kuva Lich. Requiem Relics play a very key part in the Kuva Lich system, and our goal with this change is to conjoin the Thrall hunt on (what is currently) normal mission modes with your eventual Requiem Relic hunt.

If/when part of an endless mission, is there a maximum cap to these Requiem Relics? 

Touching on the subject of getting the same Kuva weapons, I think the current idea with merging them is half right. The problem is that once I have a weapon at, say 35%, any time i get the same weapon below that is just a waste of my time. We should be able to merge 2 of the same weapon, with the same element for an overall stronger weapon. This would keep the grind that you folks at DE love, and give the players a reason to still want these lower % weapons, as they wouldn't be completely worthless. As an example we could take a 25% weapon, and its merge value would be 2.5%. This would need to be balanced to use whichever of the two weapons has the higher % as the base and keep any forma and whatnot on the existing weapon, but this is the version I would like to see implemented.

I would also like to be able to use Kuva in place of void traces to rank up Requiem relics. I don't have enough void traces to rank up my regular relics, let alone these new ones. I also think being able to recharge our requiem mods with Kuva would be a nice alternative to farming new ones.

The whole theme of this update is supposed to be about Kuva and how it is used and affects things, but we as the player can only use it on rivens, save for the handful of crafting items its needed in.

20 hours ago, ChaosSabre said:

People not wanting to kill their liches preventing others to get their own spawn is still a huge problem.

I'd say go solo for that but after clearing two planets of influence, revealing two and half murmurs and only then getting her to spawn was kinda absurd.

Either:

A: Up solo spawn chances of a lich. Current rate is just way too low.

B: Make it so that after lich had it's first lifebar down and nobody shanks it a 30 second timer starts and at that point lich kills it's target player instantly without giving them a glyph reveal or murmurs.

I say, let 4 liches spawn in and just go crazy. Anyone can kill any lich, but only you can shank your own lich.(not in a spy mission)

Le 05/11/2019 à 11:52, [DE]Megan a dit :

Tweaked the Requiem Murmur discovery requirements for each hint to reduce initial ramp-up:

• Instead of each Murmur requiring the same amount of Hints, the first and second Murmur require 60% of what they used to, with the last Murmur requiring 140%.

There is a bug in the amount requiered. The first is good and you can clearly see that this is 60% of what they used to. But the second require way more Murmur than the First one and the LAST one require even more than the Second. I think the % are bugged or not at the intended value. 

18 hours ago, Qwertykeys said:

What? Combos are way easier to do now. All the combos are literally the same input for all stances:

E, E, E, E, E, E

while moving forward and doing E, E, E, E, E, E

while hold aim/block button and doing E, E, E, E, E, E

while moving forward and hold aim/block button and doing E, E, E, E, E, E

It can't get much easier than that. They did a great job with how the combos are executed. I'm not sure why you're having so much trouble with it. Plus every melee got a buff to their numbers. There were literally no nerfs. Even Bloodrush was buffed by the new combo counter system even though the mod's critical chance value increases were reduced. It's way easier to get 12x combo multiplier now than it was to get 3x combo multiplier before. Melee got an all around buff. No nerfs occurred, even for Condition Overload which now caps at 3 status effects but with higher damage per status (+120% compared to the previous +60% per status). Simply put, combo counter now ramps up much faster and the affected mods do as well. I literally solo'd an infested survival yesterday for an entire hour with only melee. I was red crit'ing constantly and utterly destroying the lvl 80 - 100 infested with relative ease.

I wasn't criticising combos at all. I just openly admitted I suck at them, always have, if you read it carefully 🙂 Don't know why I'm having trouble pressing / momorizing buttons after a certain amount either, when timing comes into the equation. It's just one of my flaws I can't get rid of. That aside, combos just aren't my thing.
E is btw my 2nd ability. That button would be in use for me. Not that it matters much, just on a sidenote.

I came back here today because I wanted to edit my post you quoted, because I was a dum-dum when I wrote it and didn't make it specific enough. I had just finished the melee only alert against Grineer. After checking today I noticed I had the wrong loadout active at that time. I was fighting in my slash setup against them... yeah. So much for the "weak" output. Might wanna use some puncture when fighting Grineer, huh? -.-'  Anyway, your explaination is really easy to understand. Thanks a lot for that effort!

Regarding your last two sentences: Melee only was my way of playing right from the start. I only carried guns for decoration. So yeah... I consider that normal even without rivens^^ It's fun 😄

On 2019-11-05 at 5:52 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Larvlings will have the same pre death setup as Thralls, except the Mercy action is only available to the player who damaged them last.

You missed a use-case:

1. Player A wants a larvling; player B does not.
  2. Player B shoots a larvling and leaves it, because the larvling is no use to them.
  3. Player A is no longer able to use the larvling.

Suggestion: Allow other players to claim unwanted larvlings after a timeout, or allow the player who killed a larvling to release it.

4 hours ago, Silescere said:

I wasn't criticising combos at all. I just openly admitted I suck at them, always have, if you read it carefully 🙂 Don't know why I'm having trouble pressing / momorizing buttons after a certain amount either, when timing comes into the equation. It's just one of my flaws I can't get rid of. That aside, combos just aren't my thing.
E is btw my 2nd ability. That button would be in use for me. Not that it matters much, just on a sidenote.

I came back here today because I wanted to edit my post you quoted, because I was a dum-dum when I wrote it and didn't make it specific enough. I had just finished the melee only alert against Grineer. After checking today I noticed I had the wrong loadout active at that time. I was fighting in my slash setup against them... yeah. So much for the "weak" output. Might wanna use some puncture when fighting Grineer, huh? -.-'  Anyway, your explaination is really easy to understand. Thanks a lot for that effort!

Regarding your last two sentences: Melee only was my way of playing right from the start. I only carried guns for decoration. So yeah... I consider that normal even without rivens^^ It's fun 😄

Cool. I'm glad you could figure that part out with the damage. I wasn't trying to bash you. I was just surprised by your comment. And combos require no timing anymore. Just hold aim/block or hold W and spam melee. You can actually mix the combos now by holding aim/block in neutral, then holding W, then letting go of aim/block, etc for example. No timing required. Just spam melee while switching up aim/block and moving forward or standing still.

On 2019-11-05 at 8:52 AM, MakeLuvNotWerFrame said:

.... it's quite annoying to have kids spamming their waypoint markers trying to bully others into doing their thing during free-roam.....

100% agree but I think you're stretching the meaning of that word for no good reason

On 2019-11-05 at 10:52 AM, [DE]Megan said:

Vauban Changes:

• Hot off the feedback train with more to come as we dive deeper:
  • Increased the casting speed of Vauban’s Tesla Nervos’ and Orbital Strike. 

OK so you increased the casting speed of two of Vaubans abilities, but decided not to do it for the ability that keeps him alive. 

Why? 

Archived