Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Old Blood: Hotfix 26.0.4 + 26.0.4.1

[DE]Megan

Could we get dupe protection on Kuva weapons? Been trying to get a specific Kuva weapon and been getting everything but the one I want, including duplicates. Or at least if we kill the Kuva Maggot with a Kohm or Brakk, that it increases the likelihood or 100% makes that the Lich spawn with that Kuva variant.

It's really discouraging just never getting the Kuva variant, constantly getting duplicates due to a weapon being locked behind a so much rng.

Kuva thrall missions need to be abolished and kuva thralls made to spawn in every game mode, especially sorties, fissures, arbitrations. The lich system needs to enhance and complement existing endgame content, not compete with it. The opportunity cost of choosing to focus on the lich instead of anything else is far too great.

9 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Larvling Lich creation will be truly opt-in. Some people want to see the world drown in Kuva and others just want to live a Lich free life! For those that don’t want to be hounded by a Kuva Lich, we’re changing the way Larvlings are killed in order to attain a Kuva Lich. Larvlings will have the same pre death setup as Thralls, except the Mercy action is only available to the player who damaged them last. At that point you either walk up and press X to initiate the Mercy (required for Kuva Lich creation), or just walk away and leave them to eventually die on their own after 15 seconds, thus opting out of Kuva Lich creation.

This I feel could be annoying if the person happens to get the last damage in so it is their larving but they don't want it so no one else can get one that mission. Same reason why if someone else lich spawns in and they don't do anything about it other's liches can't spawn in.  This is making playing with a team more of an annoyance than it needs to be.

Any word on when we will be able to trade our liches to clan mates like was promised?

Can we get the correct code displayed on the lich page in our codex?  Maybe I want to look back and see what the code was as it was such a big deal to handle than bugger I feel it is part of our history together. 

Speaking of codex can we change it so instead of always opening to quests we can open to Universe as that is where most of the things I want to look at are anymore. 

Awesome, thank you for the fixes!

Regarding Grendel: 

• His buffs all seem very weak even at high power strength as they don't seem to scale up very much, so it doesn't feel worth it to invest in strength at the moment.
  • Also, could we see an Ivara/Vauban-style cycler to make it clearer to the player which buff they have selected, as well as telling the player in a clear and concise way which buffs they currently have available to them? I can't speak for others, but playing on a 32 inch monitor at 2560x1440, the icons are way too tiny to tell apart, especially with the buff timer covering up the top half of them, which seems to be where the majority of the difference between the icons is.

Pls, consider reverting some of the mechanical changes around CO, BR, Weeping Wounds, Gladiator modset and combo counter in general. Having no way for melee to scale forces endurence into even more "unintended" strategies. Disruption event with the current state of the melee would be a far, far less enjoyable, assuming that some people would even enjoy it at all, myself included.

@[DE]Megan I noticed that we will be able to upgrade our Kuva weapons and keep our forma. That is great and I realise it is an incentive to keep coming back to play the Lich system, making it more sustainable and repeatable content.

That said, will we be able to upgrade our weapons until they have obtained the max possible 60% elemental bonus? I ask as I also know that DE talks about database issues holding variable stat mods such as Rivens. Kuva weapons will cause a similar issue. My solution would be to make the weapons a base increase of 20% until MR 30. Invest a forma gain 8% bonus to the stats, upto the 5 Forma investment for the MR 40 and max stat bonus of 60%.

15 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

you can combine 2 of the same Kuva weapons

How about those who are so unlucky to have 3 or more of the same? You guys have to understand that there are 13 new weapons in the same loot pool now, unless the real intention is to keep players from getting all in a long time to come.

Can't there be a way to end the lich faster without getting their reward if we encounter duplicates?

16 minutes ago, -Onyx-Zodiac said:

Stockpiled Kuva Weapons: Receiving a better duplicate Kuva weapon after you’ve put work/Forma into an existing one can feel rather disappointing. With that in mind, we’re working on a “duplicate consumption” mechanic where you can combine 2 of the same Kuva weapons, thus transferring its buffs while preserving your Forma and Exilus investment, ergo relieving you of your inner turmoil. 

is this some kind out of season Joke? 
Duplicate Kuva Weapons shouldn't be a thing in the First Place. 

Why not? What if I want a higher bonus. Why should I be stuck with lets say a 25% bonus on my favourite weapon, when the max is 60%?

16 minutes ago, Deminisis said:

Can we get the Zenistar back to its former glory? 10 seconds with an abysmal time additive from the combo counter makes it really bad.

You think DE would treat log-in reward weapons better, but now it's useless, or damn near.

16 minutes ago, -Onyx-Zodiac said:

Stockpiled Kuva Weapons: Receiving a better duplicate Kuva weapon after you’ve put work/Forma into an existing one can feel rather disappointing. With that in mind, we’re working on a “duplicate consumption” mechanic where you can combine 2 of the same Kuva weapons, thus transferring its buffs while preserving your Forma and Exilus investment, ergo relieving you of your inner turmoil. 

is this some kind out of season Joke? 
Duplicate Kuva Weapons shouldn't be a thing in the First Place. 

Yes, they should've. I want to utilize the option to choose my weapon element and make weapons how I want. And DE isn't dumb to create this whole system and then have people forget about it after they get the weapons.

17 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

The Old Blood: Hotfix 26.0.4

Ok, I'm still reading through this but I wanted to say, thank you! Many of my friends will enjoy these changes, I'm sure. Great work listening to the feedback players have been giving, I know it's probably been a bumpy launch, but you guys kept hard at work to make it the best for everyone involved, couldn't have asked for more.

Archived