Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ignis Fire To Match Energy Color Like The Supra/dera

After looking through the forums i could not see where this suggestion has been made, if it has oh well and if it hasn't then that's great. Seeing as the supra and deras projectiles match the color of their energy i figured it'd be nice to have the fire from the ignis to match it's energy as well. If ember can have green/pink/murika/purple fire i'd like to see the ignis have it too!

tumblr_m3maare4AT1roqdsx.gif#Doctor%20Wh

-Steals- God this cracked me up.

would be nice, also would be nice for the torid to be proper fixed.

I do agree with this sir.

Pink and Black fire

Oh god, i can see it now. Pink/Black fire on ember plus the ignis. :O

its a flame thrower not a paintbrush

No, it's not a paintbrush and neither is the dera or supra but they still have projectiles that match the color of their energy, therefore your argument is therefore invalid. Please take the time to post a more constructive response next time.

Edited by itsJustThomasHD

Yes please. I'd love to light my enemies on fire with royal blue flames. While we're at it, maybe let us use energy color to determine the field color of the Torid (which would also make it easier to tell friendly poison clouds from enemy clouds).

No, it's not a paintbrush and neither is the dera or supra but they still have projectiles that match the color of their energy, therefore your argument is therefore invalid. Please take the time to post a more constructive response next time.

No his argument is very much valid. Those guns shoot lasers, not flames.

I'm all for this, as I use the ignis a lot and it'd be nice for it to match my colour scheme.

One concern though: couldn't it be... a tad obnoxious? Well, even more than obscuring your team's view with fire.

I don't think it'd be a good idea to be able to shoot neon pink flames. Just a though.

Though, I support the colour to the ignis.

Have my upvote sir.

You can colour flames you know, although they have a vey limited colour pallet IIRC.

Burning any of the Alkaline metals will produce coloured flame.

Lithium Crimson

Sodium Golden Yellow

Potassium Red/Violet

Rubidium Blue/Violet

Cesium Blue/Violet

Pulled from... http://chemwiki.ucdavis.edu/Inorganic_Chemistry/Descriptive_Chemistry/Main_Group_Elements/Group__1%3A_The_Alkali_Metals

Or if you did uh... Foundation science in school (In the UK at least using the AQA exam board. May not be on other boards.) you'd know the first three.

So if one were to add an alkaline metal into the burn, it'd colour the flame I think.

Edited by FillyRarity

very limited colour pallet IIRC.

As in not neon green/pink.

The Ignis's flame should not be colourable simply because of how obnoxious it would be. You thought the Torid's fart cloud was bad before, just wait until your screen is engulfed in pink!

The Ignis's flame should not be colourable simply because of how obnoxious it would be. You thought the Torid's fart cloud was bad before, just wait until your screen is engulfed in pink!

In my previous post I said my concern with this too.

Neon pink, as I said, would be the biggest in your face bloody thing ever.

I was simply saying that the flames could indeed be coloured.

No, his argument is not valid for the simple reasoning that if ember can have her flames colored and the "laser" guns which is actually plasma by the way can be colored then the ignis should be colorable as well. If ember can have colored flames then i believe ignis can too.

I'm all for this, as I use the ignis a lot and it'd be nice for it to match my colour scheme.

One concern though: couldn't it be... a tad obnoxious? Well, even more than obscuring your team's view with fire.

I don't think it'd be a good idea to be able to shoot neon pink flames. Just a though.

Though, I support the colour to the ignis.

Have my upvote sir.

At some point this could be a concern however it'll have the same effect as nova's molecular prime and ember's world of fire does and due to being partied with one or two at the time usually i'm used to this. At the same time i do not use color correction (due to my gpu already having it maxed) or bloom (i like being able to see phobos, not being blinded by it) therefore those two can't add to the problem.

Agreed. Like i said above, if ember can have colored flames then there is no reason for the ignis not to be able to.

In my previous post I said my concern with this too.

Neon pink, as I said, would be the biggest in your face bloody thing ever.

I was simply saying that the flames could indeed be coloured.

Like i said above, it shouldn't be to much of a problem. If people can tolerate nova's molecular prime spraying pink mist all over the place or embers world on fire then they should not have any problem with ignis having colorable flames. If they do, then i suggest them turning bloom and color correction off. Most newer GPU's already have CC anyways and adding in-game CC doesn't nothing more then over saturate things.

Edited by itsJustThomasHD