The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Ember tweaks

Endorphinz

I think the rework is quite novel and great so far, but I have some suggestions that I personally would like to see:

1. Better explanation of the immolation heat meter? Supposedly it gives bonuses to some of Ember's other abilities based on the heat level, but that's not visible anywhere obvious, like in the ability overview section.

2. Reduce energy cost of Fire blast and possibly other abilities. I came across other feedback threads, and one of the players said, in short: "if you're not running maximum efficiency, then you're the problem, not Ember". Due to Fire blast being essential to vent heat, it sees a lot of use in builds, and it would be nice to have it be more readily spammable without being forced to rely on maximum energy efficiency to cushion the cost.

3. Immolation could cause a AoE heat effect. Something as minor as a small amount of area damage may go a long way in appeasing the grumpy player base. Maybe something like Nezha's warding halo ability. After all, Ember is engulfed in flames, so that should show for enemies that get too close!

4. Inferno. Largely ok, but I feel that it should be an AoE radial attack around Ember, instead of just in front of her, like most AoE 4 abilities. To compensate, possibly increase the amount of targets to 15 or 20, and possibly even allow combo'ing like with Fireball? Maybe that'd be a bit too much, hahah.

Of course, those are just my opinions from playing her rework for a few hours. Overall, I think Ember's rework is creative and I'd much rather play her now than before. Let's face it, world on fire spam is gone. For those of you that are hopelessly angry, there's still Equinox for all your set-and-forget AoE clearing needs.

10 minutes ago, invalidusername said:

Fire Blast should cost zero energy.

That's a must in the current mechanism of Ember. Fire Blast must cost the heat meter, rather than the energy.

---------------------

Also, heat meter is very unintuitive and it should become 0 to 100% meter instead.

I agree with the meter. I like how inferno as is. Fireblast is okay too, and it's fine to have frames want a certain stat maxed. Nova wants max duration, and many frames want max strength, Inaros wants max health. All of them have their quirks and that's okay.