Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Artekkor

I miss Vauban's laser-strike charge

I understand the reason for the buff.
I understand that it is, in fact, a buff.
Yet, i found the charging laser to be a lot more appealing than the new throw and blow one. There was something pleasing about throwing a beacon, turning around and hear loud THUMP behind.
Or the  monotonous, slow thumping if you spam it.
Yes, i think it was a little bit slow, and would appreciate if the charge was sped up, but removing it completely broke the cool factor of  it, IMHO.

Can we at least have an augment that gives it the charge back, but gives some special effects?

The change is bad, I could understand the speed up time of the charge after it hits something, but right now it is charging as soon as you throw it, and because of that it has no range. The ability to fly through the air and throw long a beacon was amazing, but now that it has the range of a shotgun its terrible. Your not supposed to be near an orbital strike beacon!

It should only strike when it hits something or reaches a vortex core. Right now it's fast yes, but not for ranged bombardment.

thats why i just wrote this 

it would benefit from a "Charge Mechanic".

tap it and it does what it does now

hold it and it charges up until you release

I agree that making Photon Strike detonate on contact would be the best fix -- currently, having Photon Strike detonate while the grenade is mid-air makes no sense, and prevents long-range use of the ability when those could be its most interesting plays.

If we bring in an option to switch between fast firing and charge mode, make the charge mode have a bit more range I'd say. That'd more than compensate for the inconvenience in my opinion.

But personally, I just downright liked the charge better.

How about :

- tap 3 : current fast Orbital Strike (panic button)

- hold 3 : old slow charging Orbital Strike