Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hiatus Games

SnowWarFr

Just now, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

I tried out a few games, even destiny 2 but meh.. currently idk, thinking about starting a new Minecraft world until the update hits consoles..

Tbh I don't want to start a long ass game just to be interrupted by the update..

Have you try the outerworld yet?

• Like 1

I spend time in Elite Dangerous, No Man's Sky, Stellaris, and Monster Hunter World...

I'm going to pick up Death Stranding or I've been told to wait on it till the holidays by family...so I have no idea what I'm being gifted...

Outer Worlds is on my radar..but I think that's stretching it...

I will log in to Warframe though even when on hiatus to pick up forma and start a new one...and then run through night wave and maybe a eidolon hunt...and then back to which ever game has taken it's time slot for that month...

This update hasn't made me say I'm gone...I'm just going to do what I do and avoid whatever I dislike in the game...those thing in Warframe that I enjoy...well I still enjoy...

• Like 1

Just got back to Warframe after an unintended break 😄 Other games I'm currently spending time on are Division 2 on PC and Epic7 on mobile. Really wanted to grab RDR2 on PC, but a) can't afford it and b) would rather get in on PS4 so I can play in bed.. but don't have a PS4 yet.

Somehow I can't put warframe down, it's the first game that makes me stay for 5 years from 2014 and I don't know why and how so no hiatus for me. I just love it.

Other games though, I do play something else albeit less hooked or not hooked at all

- R6:S : it's fun playing as fuze, especially on hostage

- Destiny 2 : A big meh for me, the speed is comparable to CoD with borderlands element so a space CoD looter shooter, and the power is so basic it hurts where I can argue they can't even take down the sergeant if he's put into crossover boss with his constantly recharging shield

- PUBG mobile : Fun to play with my sister and collecting clothes and skins

- Shadow fight 3 : Shadow burn, Berserker (Legion) + Flurry, Cornered cat (dynasty) + Evaporation (heralds) = GG

• Like 1

18 hours ago, SnowWarFr said:

While Warframe either fixes itself or loses your faith, what games have you guys been playing meanwhile?

I'm on Minecraft and Toontown Rewritten (somehow this game has better endgame).

I'm going to reject the premise, since it doesn't really apply to reality. 

The game, Warframe, has always been a work in progress and is always changing. If you wait for perfection, you'll never play--or do much of anything else. 

That being said, I do play other games. I've been in WF a long time and I really don't devote too much time to it. Some of it is because I have done most of that which I'm inclined to do and some of it is simply scheduling. I do play about every day, but we're talking an hour or so on weekdays and maybe four or so on weekends. 

Other games: 

World of Warships Legends. This is the Friday (or Saturday, work depending) Night Game. My social games are on console, since that's where my friends are (they're technical heathens). This is the big grindy, but I still keep sessions under three hours. I mostly play in premade divisions, since you can lose your way to the top and PuGs illustrate this all too well. Still, it's fun in limited amounts and the Age of the Dreadnought has always fascinated me. 

Outer Worlds. This one...this is gaming gold. It's a throwback to when studios made decent RPGs without all the monetization folderol. I've heard it described as Fallout: New Vegas in space and that's fairly apt. I'd describe it more as Fallout 2 meets Mass Effect. There is some seriously twisted stuff in this game--just like the Black Isle days. It's also shockingly bug free, which is refreshing. I have it on XB1, since screw EGS. 

Skyrim. There's always a Skyrim game running. The present one is on XB1, but not for any particular reason. It's an intermittent game, a few hours a week at best. This is more about the modding than anything, but I still enjoy the base game. It might be the last good ES game we ever get...

Master of Orion. This is on PC and it's the Wargaming version. It's 4X lite, but it's MoO and the art in it is fantastic. I'm just finishing up a playthrough (mopping up phase, can't have filthy xenos in my galaxy) and it'll probably get retired for a few months...because:

GalCiv 3. Getting a campaign up and running after a few years and just realizing how much I've forgotten. It's a far deeper game than MoO-WG, but that's fine. This'll probably go a few months since my PC can run ludicrously large galaxies and too much is never enough. 

Conan Exiles. Survival game. It's also mod friendly and there's some really cool stuff out there. I'm getting close to winding a game up, but there's a ton of grinding and even after over a year I'm still finding new stuff. Funcom even keeps adding stuff--and breaking the game. It's Funcom, after all. Still, it's a gorgeous game and scratches both the exploration and building itches. I'm also a big REH fan and Funcom has gotten the setting right; there are a lot of easter eggs for those in the know. 

Borderlands 3. This one is a bit in abeyance at the moment, mostly because of Outer Worlds. It's Borderlands. You can see some marked deterioration in the writing from BL2, but the shooting is better than ever and that's why I'm here. This is on XB1, because screw EGS. It also will probably start to share Friday Night Game status in the next couple of months when the heathens get on board. 

Inquisitor: Martyr. Yeah, WH40K. This one had potential to be a Friday Night Game, but the networking was frightful and the usual crew have been distracted by other things (like WoWS). Still, the single player is very good, very grindy, and very 40K. It's also seeing regular updates and the MP might even be fixed by now. It's also been a bit in abeyance, but every time Heavy Flamer Heresy pops up in my YouTube queue I get the urge to purge. Oh, it's on XB1 because heathens can't compute. 

Ion Fury. Everyone needs a little old skool FPS in their gaming life and this one is The One at present. Not much to say other than it's a surprisingly effective throwback to the glory days of 3D Realms and the Build Engine. It'll probably get kicked to the curb when DOOM: Eternal comes out, but in the meantime, "Come get some!". 

Like I said: Warframe isn't my only game or source of entertainment. I still enjoy it, but I don't ask the impossible from it either. 

• Like 1