FlashFire749

Warframe is becoming pay to win through forma!

With this new update we have received 2 new items, kuva lich weapons and weapon exilus adapters, that have a big problem. They eat forma! These two new items, along with Aura forma have put a serious strain on the foundries ability to produce forma. It takes the better part of a week to produce enough forma to satisfy even one of these items. Considering this is the only NON-pay to win method of farming forma with any consistency, and isn't really a feasible way to make forma any more, pushes the game towards a pay to win format. Something needs to change potential solutions include: reduce the format costs of these items (Aura Froma, Weapon Exilus adapters, and Kuva Lich Weapons) down to about 2 each which is similar to normal Exilus Adapters, or make forma crafting time take about 6 hours. As it stands now the gameplay avenues of acquiring forma are insufficient for the current demand placed on players with this new update. The slogan of Warframe is "ninjas play for free", and if this continues that isn't going to be the case.

The primary concern with this post is adequacy. DE admits that having a free path to premium content is important in this thread

With the content that has been released, a trend is forming. With such a greatly increased demand for forma, and the fact the peoples ability to produce froma has not changed, means that the current methods of acquiring through free means are less effective. For example to max all 13 Kuva Lich Weapons (for mastery), and say building 4 Weapon Exilus adapter for your favorite weapons, requires 81 forma. This will take more than two and a half months to produce. During which your also not fixing your melee weapons that were broken by melee 3.0.

Is our ability to produce forma adequate? Is it going to stay adequate?

Edited by FlashFire749
Responding to Feedback
  • Like 8
  • Haha 31
  • Satisfied 1
  • Woah 1
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 11

...Players can make all the forma they want because of how common the materials and blueprints are, I haven't bought a single forma in my entire time playing Warframe over the years because I can just wait 24 hours to make them.

They might take 24 hours to complete, but at that point what is more important to you, your time or your money?

• Like 13
  • Haha 3
  • Satisfied 1
  • Woah 2
  • Applause 8
  • Upvote 6

No one told you to max a kuva weapon five times in a day, you did that on your own.

Edited by -Kittens-
  • Like 10
  • Haha 1
  • Satisfied 1
  • Applause 7
  • Upvote 18

I got 62 formas in my inventory, not saying you didn't really farm, but that's the point of the game

Plus, they said that the same kuva weapons will be able to "fuse" so you can keep your builds but with a better weapon

• Like 6
  • Woah 1
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 2

It's 2019, and people still don't understand even the basics of what "pay to win" means.

• Like 8
  • Satisfied 1
  • Woah 1
  • Applause 18
  • Upvote 11

Aura Forma and Weapon Adapters are the most luxury items we have right now while being borderline useless.

Also the game is a f2p and the monetization model has always been pay for cosmetics and convenience, the way Forma interacts with this has been no difference since it was first added to the game.

If you want to get more Forma without waiting for the build time then get to trading to buy them with plat or wait for the next event that you can grind out for them. Especially Plague Star whenever the next running of that will be.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 7

What exactly are we winning? It's always been pay to skip....Look to be honest don't even waste your time...unless you find a weapon you really like no matter what..like for me I like the Opticor...even if DE nerfed it to garbage..I'd still use it in the lower planets...So investing forma into that was worth it..but remember, they are gonna nerf it anyways if it achieves any meta..so putting excessive forma on all items is a fools errands...All these new glory cool weapons are gonna be on the nerf end of the Catchmoon at the end of the day...

Best advice don't get attached...Don't worry about it..Find what you like..and invest in that only...DE is gonna replace everything with something new like how the Fulmin has replaced my beloved Vaykor Hek for me...You just have to wait for the next one that you really really like and the rest is out the air lock...

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

pay to win is a thing in pvp focused games tbh...where paying players can given non paying players a hard time

is also a thing in some games where there is a stupidly hard part which is only beatable if you get lucky,or you have to pay and use consumables and/or 'premium upgrades' to beat it

There are 2 ways to get forma for free,both involve cracking relics,the first way is to just get the forma bp and craft...the 2nd way is to sell prime stuff you get from the relics and then use the plat you get from selling to buy forma from the market....and both can be done at the same time too...i see no reason to complain here...

• Like 2
  • Woah 1

Op is right about the increased demand for forma but as has been pointed out, it can be easily obtained.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

First, this is a PvE game with zero competition, p2w is impossible.

Secondly, each six month or so you can grind more pre-built forma than you will need for the next coming six months. I had a little over 100 when the patch hit, I'm now down to 40ish. But none of it has to do with the exilus adapter or kuva weapons, it is all because of the melee changes that required me to forma a bunch of old S#&$ty weapons that arent S#&$ty anymore and some of my frames to fit in swift momentum aura.

I will probably spend forma on 5 exilus tops. 1 for Catchmoon (still love it), 1 for Acceltra and 1 for Rubico Prime, then possibly for one or two other weapons.

Edited by SneakyErvin
  • Like 1
  • Woah 1
  • Applause 1

13 minutes ago, pauli133 said:

It's 2019, and people still don't understand even the basics of what "pay to win" means.

The basics of "pay to win" are whatever is convenient to the complaining party to paint the developers as soullessly evil money-grubbing monsters.

I mean, not really, but people will complain cosmetics are pay to win if it suits their narrative.

• Like 4
  • Applause 6
  • Upvote 2

Yes forma is more important and needed now, but it's also not that hard to get. A lot of people have large stockpiles. 

31 minutes ago, FlashFire749 said:

With this new update we have received 2 new items, kuva lich weapons and weapon exilus adapters, that have a big problem. They eat forma! These two new items, along with Aura forma have put a serious strain on the foundries ability to produce forma. It takes the better part of a week to produce enough forma to satisfy even one of these items. Considering this is the only NON-pay to win method of farming forma with any consistency, and isn't really a feasible way to make forma any more, pushes the game towards a pay to win format. Something needs to change potential solutions include: reduce the format costs of these items (Aura Froma, Weapon Exilus adapters, and Kuva Lich Weapons) down to about 2 each which is similar to normal Exilus Adapters, or make forma crafting time take about 6 hours. As it stands now the gameplay avenues of acquiring forma are insufficient for the current demand placed on players with this new update. The slogan of Warframe is "ninjas play for free", and if this continues that isn't going to be the case.

i just want to say im 100% on ur side no matter what u think after u read whats below i admit ur right

but few things to mention there are 13 kuva weapons u gain 1k exp from level 30 to 40 so thats 13k exp < not really worth 65 formas
yes 24h for 1 forma is bad thing yes its hard to get it when u dont have any and paying for it sounds just stupid
but on other hand ppl dont calculate time vs effort like for example its allot cheaper to buy mods instead of trying to farm them
but how and why cheaper? well calculate time u need to farm something vs time u need to do relics and sell even junk for 5 plat
weapon exilus? did u find any useful mod to put in there? i sure dont i did use it on weapons i use just to put there primed ammo mutation but its not like i need it or like i benefit from it since i use ammo case with carrier

and believe me i understand ur feelings just that i stopped to try to care and i suggest u try that also

Primary and secondary weapons need to be invested a lot of forma to make it good and they don't have Aura/Stance mod slots that help increase capacity. This usually happens when you want to experiment many kind of weapons.

They should make rewards where you get bundle of Formas like 3 instead of one. Maybe replacing one of the rewards in Requiem Relics. Also, this bundle can be build (in a single day with tripled manufacturing requirements) without having to go through one-by-one everyday.

• Upvote 1

Alot of people seem to be not aware that forma are extremely common in relics and are really cheap to make.

Also pay to win? Umm putting a forma on a weapon doesn't make it automatically powerful, just provides a slot that halves certain mod cost after that you have to choose what mod to put there yourself and level the weapon up

• Upvote 1

No it is far from pay2win.

If Kuva weapon can only be upgraded by a special KUVA FORMA which don’t drop in game, only obtained from plat shop, that is pay2win.

Aside from the fact that you dont need to forma every weapon .... you really need to search the term P2W , because you are far from understanding it . You can forma a weapon without putting money into the game ? yes? , its not P2W then .... as simple as that . Not to mention that with basic trade skills you can buy all the formas you could ever dream using without putting a single dollar into the game in matter of days or weeks .

Warframe is the only game I seen that can sell characters, weapons, gear, mods, in game resources, and still hardly anyone bats an eye... No that's not pay 2 win they say... Idk if they are blind, blissfully ignorant, don't want to admit they play a game that's inherently p2w or what else. And on top of that, inventory space needs to be bought, a problem created to be sold back at the consumer. Only until half a decade did DE added a way to get inventory slots, through nightwave, but there are more inventory slots than frames and weapons. Even riven mods have limited space, sold in game. And don8 give me that bs reason on limited hard drive space, what joke. 

• Woah 1

1 forma every 24 hours.

You can farm fully built ones from the Octavia Luna puzzle room.

And you can get a fully built forma every 10 minutes during plague star. Learn to stockpile.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Woah 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Hayzemet said:

Whatever you say man 😄 if that is common and acceptable for you its ok. I mean I once lacked self steem as well. 

a lot of Free games allow players to pay to bypass systems, trading money for time. you don't need to buy the forma, you can farm it like everyone else. but if you are lazy or "have to have it now" you can buy it.

Edited by Miser_able
  • Like 1
  • Woah 1
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 1

Then, what am I? I do have almost 100 Forma lying around in my inventory without buying one using platinum. You can get 1 'Free' Forma per day if you want to. All you have to do is play the game and farming resources. The one on the market was just for people who rush things. If you play this game long enough you'll know that rushing things didn't really get you that far and if you wait for a week, even free players can catch up to you easily.

Also, if your teammates get really strong wasn't that also benefit you? I mean the mission will get a lot easier. The 'Pay 2 Win' don't really meaning anything in Warframe since it's benefit you, even if you don't really paying anything. So the players who do pay isn't the only one winning in this game.

• Applause 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

I got 62 formas in my inventory, not saying you didn't really farm, but that's the point of the game

Plus, they said that the same kuva weapons will be able to "fuse" so you can keep your builds but with a better weapon

You'll be 8 forma short to max all the weapons... 

There's nothing to win in this game. Even it you can win, you don't even need kuva weapon to. You should play real pay 2 win korean mmorpg.