Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why is the community so hostile towards more efficient trading and Excal Prime?

Dr_Wonderful

On the forums there is a surprisingly large amount people who oppose the idea of excal prime being re-released over the years (huge change from 2 or 3 years ago) despite them not being founders themselves and the worse of all is that people are against more efficient methods of trading, it doesn't have to be auction house, just a public listing for things to sell and people can just hit you up on a offer.

I never understood this mentality that warframe players have towards these topic, tons of other games don't care or can reintroduce the topic over and over again without any hostilities. I just want to know the reasoning behind this. 

1 hour ago, Dr_Wonderful said:

and the worse of all is that people are against more efficient methods of trading, it doesn't have to be auction house, just a public listing for things to sell and people can just hit you up on a offer.

Combination of two factors. Factor one is "the devs said it, I have no reason to disagree, thus my natural human brain tribalism ingrains me into thinking that answer is correct" (I don't blame these people, this happens to me when watching movie reviews of films I will never actually see). The second, is people are absolutely terrified that the market will crash if trading is no longer bottlenecked by the deliberately crippled mechanics

(I don't care either way, I just want the UI itself to be better than just a tiny chat window to reduce eyestrain)

DE already said no to both of those things. So I think, while everyone has all kinds of opinions about these matters, people are mostly bored of threads like this, because it makes no sense to ask a question over and over again. They may be annoyed by people who make the 7366382th thread about these topics, because if they did a quick Google search before posting, they could have seen too that another thread is completely unnecessary.

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Dr_Wonderful:

I never understood this mentality that warframe players have towards these topic, tons of other games don't care or can reintroduce the topic over and over again without any hostilities. I just want to know the reasoning behind this. 

Because the arguments for and against never change. Your thread doesnt introduce anything new to the topic nor will the next 1354324523 threads asking about excal prime. Auction house is a more reasonable topic but also done a lot on the forum, although that issue is kinda solved by warframe.market existing (or any of the other trading sites).

10 hours ago, Dr_Wonderful said:

On the forums there is a surprisingly large amount people who oppose the idea of excal prime being re-released over the years (huge change from 2 or 3 years ago) despite them not being founders themselves and the worse of all is that people are against more efficient methods of trading, it doesn't have to be auction house, just a public listing for things to sell and people can just hit you up on a offer.

Why in wow and path of exile don't give founders items away as well and why people don't complain about those ? Wonder why ? Those are prized for guys who believed spent a lot of money on nothing ,an idea , and DE wants to keep them in high regard after all this time in the end those people changed thei're life XD , is just normal human thinking , I'm pretty sure u will never give away something of your beloved friend or benefactor as well , so why even this tread? Get over it , Excalibur prime doesn't give mastery and that key in the face is incredible ugly XD , umbral excal and lato vandal are even better in stats , no reason to bring it out for that point either ..

trading is pose to be freedom sort of in mind real life trade which if you did garage sale, there is a thing called "bargain" a price to agree on for that in real life and in internet world, auction is a type where 3rd party deduct money whatever money is given to bidder which this made ppl either stinky rich or go with being broke.  For sure there is "runescape" had that "grand exchange" for yea in that game I did became rich as hell making mil but anyway back to the topic RS had that type idea which exchange rate is meant for that system but in warframe the trade is never balance and equal as to be for example take riven mod and randomized riven mod which who value raise high for it depends on riven that is greater chance hitting lottery more likely on randomized riven mod which I had won big amount good riven and I am not plan to sell due of "riven marketing is out of control slowly it goes".

The founder had nothing to do with these things about the trades or "the re-release" about excal prime which due of "Dev's promises" we are not to blame which we didn't agreed to such promises but it is the dev's promises for such thing as to be does not go to foul mood.  Pretty much I didn't listen to rambled but I find it kind of little bit doing it overboard for the truth...Which a promises like that isn't always good to keep it such as that way which I try keep questioning about "How long" they will keep that promises which they should of put in certain years for excal prime to come out later (for the truth I thought they would of put excal prime as annual day but nope salt to the wounds) but due of the "Promises" it is forever sealed away which we didn't agreed on that either (which during that time it was filled with toxic players).

I don't think anyone is being "hostile" to people who want founder exclusives available again, it's just that the topic has been discussed to death and the official stance has always been rather strict "not happening".