Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Slash Dash is now pointless

Yasha-7HS

There was a time where I would've defended Slash Dash on the grounds of its mobility and partial invulnerability, but I think the evidence is pretty clear: not only is the ability not used much, it's unpopular enough that many people would even consider replacing it with a Helminth ability over Excal's notoriously weak Radial Javelin. Clearly, it's not a very good ability, and ought to be improved.

What I think is absolutely non-negotiable is for the ability to receive a buff to its speed: in the world of Parkour 2.0, no ability that moves the player around should be slower or less versatile than a bullet jump, yet a great deal many abilities fail to meet that standard, Slash Dash included. Whichever speed Excalibur is moving at, Slash Dash ought to move him at a multiple of that. Beyond that, other effects I think could benefit include (but need not all be included at once):

• Buffing the health invulnerability to full damage and status immunity while dashing.
  • Having Excal block while dashing, thereby increasing his melee combo counter even further and encouraging him to dash into heavy incoming fire.
  • Making the dash's damage scale with Excal's Exalted Blade and its mods.
  • Making the dash's damage function as a melee attack, thereby having it benefit from stealth damage and synergize with Radial Blind, among other effects.
  • Giving the dash life steal.
  • Changing the functionality of the dash to have Excal dash through enemies in a line, rather than run around enemies in a cone.

10 hours ago, Teridax68 said:
  • Making the dash's damage scale with Excal's Exalted Blade and its mods.

I'm absolutely baffled this isn't the case! The ability description specifically says the exalted blade is used for it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zeddypanda said:

I'm absolutely baffled this isn't the case! The ability description specifically says the exalted blade is used for it.

Because it already scales off the equipped melee. Its fair that DE could make it always use EB scaling instead of only the active weapon one, but thats really just a question if you want to encourage builds that use both melee options or just EB.